Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt-fire

Watcher_Impunity

Question

5 answers to this question

How to do it has been answered, and as for what it is, some weapons have a second (or alternate) firing mode. It differs depending on the weapon. For most, pressing alt fire just switches your firing mode, like full auto to semi auto with the Stradavar, vertical spread to horizontal spread with the Cernos, etc. Some are more unique though, like the Corinth, whose secondary fire shoots an underbarreled grenade, or the Zenith, which fires a disc that reveals enemy locations through walls and lets you shoot through all obstacles to hit them. I’m not sure if links work here, but here’s one to a full list of all alt fire weapons: 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Fire

Edited by (PS4)Unbound_Ninja-_-

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Unbound_Ninja-_- said:

How to do it has been answered, and as for what it is, some weapons have a second (or alternate) firing mode. It differs depending on the weapon. For most, pressing alt fire just switches your firing mode, like full auto to semi auto with the Stradavar, vertical spread to horizontal spread with the Cernos, etc. Some are more unique though, like the Corinth, whose secondary fire shoots an underbarreled grenade, or the Zenith, which fires a disc that reveals enemy locations through walls and lets you shoot through all obstacles to hit them. I’m not sure if links work here, but here’s one to a full list of all alt fire weapons: 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_Fire

Thanks, that clears up alot.

As a new player myself, it took me forever to understand that. 

He trick is that, not all weapons have it as an option. For example, the Fulmin, one of my new favorite weapons, it alternated between a shotgun style and a rapid fire style (that's the best description I can give you). So when I use the mouse wheel click, I can alternate which one I want. 

A simple tip is to always try changing it when you pick up a new weapon, just to check if it has that option or not. On the bottom right of your screen you'll see the description of your weapon changing.

I should also add that weapons will say if they have an alt fire in their descriptions. If the alt fire is a whole new firing mode and not something like the Zenith’s disc that I mentioned earlier, they also will have the stats of the alt fire mode or projectile listed on their stats page as well. So the Stradavar will have 2 separate stat lists for semi and full auto, the Corinth will have one for its primary fire and grenade launcher, etc.