Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Fix Nyx

NuclearCoffeePot

Lets talk about nyx for a bit. I know a lot of players don't like the idea of changing nyx drastically but lets all face it. No matter how much you love her she is not perfect. Many of her mechanics are outdated(absorb) or just a useless gimmick(looking at you mind control)- Lets talk specifics

Mind control- Not very useful- sure a heavy gunner with mind freak and boosted dmg from your weapons can deal good damage- but that takes a slot and it's not a very good source of damage- its one enemy and frankly you'd be better off just shooting at enemies. It also doesn't have any other effects that help nyx

Psychic bolts- armor shred is good but it only hits six targets- not to mention it has no synergy with chaos or allies

Chaos- chaos is by far her best ability- while it can be outclassed by other cc if it had aforementioned synergy it could be very good

Absorb-First off without its augment you can't move, and with assimilate you move extremely slowly-it feels like its meant for a slower paced game- 

So how do we fix these problems- We don't want to change all her mechanics or we are going to anger nyx mains and we don't want to change to little or it's just going to end up as qol changes- Mind control needs to be more useful-Psychic bolts could synergise- Absorb is pretty ineffective unless you are on defense or don't mind crawling through map like a muscle atrophied crawler.

So here is one set of ideas i thought of- Please leave feedback

Passive-2 parts

1-clairvoyance-Nyx predicts the attacks of enemies and launches a preemptive psychic attack- stunning enemies about to attack her

2-IQ-Ill talk more about this with her 1

1st ability-Send a arcaplasmor  esc wave of psychic energy forward that stuns enemies it passes through and pulls out an intelligence orb(iq)- stunned enemies have a 80% chance to be turned into mind servants- iq and % chance is affected by power strength

IQ-time to talk about iq which is a passive but  wanted to talk about it with 1 since that is the main way of gathering it- IQ is represented as a resourcce meter that goes up to 200 IQ(200 iq nyx😉)

Every 50 stacks Nyx gains 20% dmg reduction as well as bonus effectiveness at max iq

2-psychic bolts now charges to release a significant amount of bolts at the cost of iq stacks- bolts reduce static 80% armor but if they hit chaos enemies the armor shred is 100% and the targets are significantly slowed in both movement and action speed(attacking)Killing enemies affected by psychic bolts has a chance to refund iq points

augment-psychic link-enemies effected by chaos will no longer have additional armor shredded but they will have their dmg taken linked to eachother

3-chaos- don't change it much- its already good and with the new 2 idea it could be very good thanks to the bonus slow-at 200 iq chaos will cause enemies effected to spread chaos to non chaos enemies via dmg

augment-Chaos harvest- enemies effected by chaos who die have an increased chance to drop health and energy

alternative augment-logic bomb-when chaos afflicted enemies attempt to target allies they will be stunned and take damage

4-I was debating how to fix absorb- here is what i came up with as an option- incoming dmg is converted not only into damage but also bonus range- the blast stuns enemies and has a chance to make them release iq- the blast doesn't have to deal much dmg-at max iq stacks the detonation will consume 100 iq and apply absorbed dmg as a health buffer to allies

augment- Unstable intellect- iq created via absorb will not return to nyx but instate detonate above enemies dealing the absorb damage again

This is just one set of ideas, if you have any criticism or thoughts leave them below and i will read them and respond if possible. Thank you for humoring me and reading this far.

Edited by NuclearCoffeePot