The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment MODs

(PSN)Lord_Kuku

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I think not because DE said they want us to sacrifice strength in order to use Augments

funny cause even now, these changes aren't even worth sacrificing power, very few of these changes make these augments usable, they're still just as meh as they were before, besides the rare few exceptions

Edited by Sonicbullitt

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I think not because DE said they want us to sacrifice strength in order to use Augments

even tho some augments are just straight up an augment of an ability which without it would be completely useless... 😕 some augment should straight up be built in, so a slot, that's a little compromise

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Kuku said:

Just wondering if there is any idea of possibly giving us an augment slot to the right of the exilus slot so we can always have at least one augment on are warframes without having to use any of the other slots for an augment mod.

This would be great!

But I think that it won't really be on DE's top priority list. (Like nerfs, new primes, new quests, new frames and the rail jack thingy)

2 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

DE already said no to this, and I never want this in the game either. Be happy you don't have abilities as mods anymore.

hahahaha. DE also said no to a LOT of stuff. don't trust too much what DE say "no" to. remember vacuum for pets xD eventually, it can happens.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

DE already said no to this, and I never want this in the game either. Be happy you don't have abilities as mods anymore.

To be fair, there has been multiple cases where if the community really wants something they have changed stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That never happened.

Vacuum is still only for carrier, you must have misheard

There's a type of kubrow that collects items for you

Edit: The chesa kubrow has a retrieve mod which basically is vaccum

Edited by WoodedSkate89

15 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Since they change certain playstyles it is a simpel sacrifice for options.

Exclusions as side info are movement augments like Mesa Waltzer and Valkyr Hysteria can be equipped in the Exilus slot.

Except most augments simply do not work like that, they are either so good you're gimping yourself if you don't use them, IE excalibur's chromatic blade aug or they're so bad they're not even worth considering sacrificing for a mod slot, which is 99% of them. DE has to rework the entire augment system if they want it to be more well rounded and balanced system.

There needs to not only be an augment slot, but a rebalacing of augments into two catagories ones that directly increase a warframe's effctiveness and ones that are more of a utility and QOL change rather than power. The QOL augments should cost signifanctly less energy to slot in, meanwhile direct power increase augments should cost double the energy capacity in exchange for the extra power they grant warframes.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Because the thing we need in this game right now is even more power creep.

When that gets dealt with and our endgame load outs have an endgame that they're remotely useful for only then should we consider free augments.

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Why are you showing me a completely separate companion mod?

because that's the vacuum mod, but renamed "fetch" ... that's what i was talking about. DE said no to this, but did it in the end.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, trst said:

Because the thing we need in this game right now is even more power creep.

When that gets dealt with and our endgame load outs have an endgame that they're remotely useful for only then should we consider free augments.

I am sorry but there will always be power creep in a game like this and thats not neccesarily a bad thing, you just have to make sure the power creep is over time and that it is a steady and slow increase. As long as you aren't making certain items completely useless, powercreep isn't neccesarily a bad thing as long as it is done correctly.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That's not vacuum. Vacuum is a carrier only mod, remember?

Nope, it's for all robotics, meaning MOAs and sentinels. And Fetch is the exact same mod under a different name.

• Like 2

Just now, Sonicbullitt said:

I am sorry but there will always be power creep in a game like this and thats not neccesarily a bad thing, you just have to make sure the power creep is over time and that it is a steady and slow increase. As long as you aren't making certain items completely useless, powercreep isn't neccesarily a bad thing as long as it is done correctly.

The power creep is an issue because we're not receiving content which requires our constantly increasing power. This has been a growing issue for years now and adding more onto the pile only makes the eventual solution (IF we ever get one) that much more difficult to make and implement.

Power creep is fine if there is a purpose to it and we've simply never received said purpose. Any time we do receive content that's meant to be "more difficult" it gets tossed aside because we're already beyond the requirements for it.

• Like 1