The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment MODs

(PSN)Lord_Kuku

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

except that some ARE straight up.

i was saying that to the people who want an additional aug slot. next to the aura slot. and the exilus slot. an 11th slot. because if it's anything short of god-mode, it's never enough.

3 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

It's semantics, fetch/ vaccum does the same thing. Get that stick out of your ass and stop winging on about something that is literally a word difference, but does the exact same thing. Vaccum was what we called it before fetch existed for none sentinal pets, now can we please stay on topic ? This thread isn't about vaccum/ fetch, its about augment mods.

Besides, I'm not talking about fetch. I was talking about only Vacuum. Can you read or are you just TL;DR'ing my posts?

Just now, evilChair said:

i was saying that to the people who want an additional aug slot. next to the aura slot. and the exilus slot. an 11th slot. because if it's anything short of god-mode, it's never enough.

well... at the point we are, might as well go balls deep. powercreep IS a problem in the sense that we don't have any content that requires said powercreep. that's true. but until the point where DE decide to grow a pair and TOTALLY revamp the damage and scaling systemm, trying to prevent powercreep will never work. DE bring powercreep by themselves xD the powercreep is ever always increasing, slowly but surely. and before there is a clear cut in it, one that will hurt people, it will never really stop. so might as well embrace it, and when DE decide that it's THE time, then it will stop.

powercreep simply can't be stopped in the current form of the game.

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

well... at the point we are, might as well go balls deep. powercreep IS a problem in the sense that we don't have any content that requires said powercreep. that's true. but until the point where DE decide to grow a pair and TOTALLY revamp the damage and scaling systemm, trying to prevent powercreep will never work. DE bring powercreep by themselves xD the powercreep is ever always increasing, slowly but surely. and before there is a clear cut in it, one that will hurt people, it will never really stop. so might as well embrace it, and when DE decide that it's THE time, then it will stop.

powercreep simply can't be stopped in the current form of the game.

9k.png

look at dog days and how it made people seethe for having to aim

Edited by evilChair
  • Like 1

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Besides, I'm not talking about fetch. I was talking about only Vacuum. Can you read or are you just TL;DR'ing my posts?

The original comment you quoted was mentioning Vacuum for pets which was, in fact, added in the form of Fetch which grants companions the exact same effect as Vacuum.

In addition the original Vacuum mod was turned into a "Robotic" mod meaning it can now be slotted onto any robotic companion. It is no longer Carrier specific.

The current Vacuum mod.

The current Fetch mod.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mikakor said:

not updated on memes these days. what is this image supposed to mean?

here's a rhetorical question: is that the face of a happy man?

1 minute ago, Sonicbullitt said:

Aaaaaand its gone, the thread has now fully derailed, here I was hoping we could have a genuine discussion over augment mods.

back on track, as much as i can bring it: should there be a way to personally earn aug mods without having to get death squads chasing you all over the place? or aug mods that could be earned outside of non-neutral syndicates? (i absolutely refuse to have to deal with amaryn sending her squid-squads at me every time i walk into a node)

2 minutes ago, evilChair said:

back on track, as much as i can bring it: should there be a way to personally earn aug mods without having to get death squads chasing you all over the place? or aug mods that could be earned outside of non-neutral syndicates? (i absolutely refuse to have to deal with amaryn sending her squid-squads at me every time i walk into a node)

This topic derailed itself the instant OP mentioned more mod slots for anything, period

15 minutes ago, evilChair said:

Well here is hoping it stays on track lol and it doesn't end up with people talking about thingss that are completely unrelated. Anyway, yeah the syndicate system is a tad outdated at this point, should be better ways to obtain these augments. Honestly the entire augment system is borked at this point, but besides on ways to better obtain them, I made a suggestion earlier for a way to fix the augments themselves or rather a way to sort them and place to put them on the Warframe.

It was kinda skimmed over cause the thread got a little derailed, but nevertheless I'll repeat my sugestions here. I put forth the the idea of indeed having a warframe augment slot however, the slot would go alongside the sorting augment mods into different catagories. Ones that directly increase power and ones that offer more of a utility and QOL change to the said Warframe. The utility augments would have a lower energy cost, meanwhile augments that give a boost in power or both utility and power should cost double the energy of a utility augment for example.

Now this is just what I can think off of the top of my head, just a rough idea of how we could clean up the system, nothing concrete  so its not like I have everything planned this all out or anything, it's just some of my ideas on what could be done to improve upon it.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lord_Kuku said:

Just wondering if there is any idea of possibly giving us an augment slot to the right of the exilus slot so we can always have at least one augment on are warframes without having to use any of the other slots for an augment mod.

Yeah. At this point most of the augment mods aren't good enough to sacrifice a mandatory mod. And why should we anywys ? We must have an augment slot like the arcane or exilus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Yeah. At this point most of the augment mods aren't good enough to sacrifice a mandatory mod. And why should we anywys ? We must have an augment slot like the arcane or exilus.

Look me in the eyes and say that about Lasting Covenant.

Just now, White_Matter said:

"most of the augment mods."

I didn't say every single one of them.

2 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

The exception to the rule, doesn't make it the rule. Doesn't change the fact that 99% of augments suck.

simple rounding had left me to assume that LC belongs in that set.

Ah yes... The Augment Slot Thread.... seen a few of these now....

Anyway DE can't even be consistent about Augments that are suppose to fit on the exilus slot but don't for what ever reason...

Well... I mean... okay fine.... people just won't use Them Then.

13 minutes ago, evilChair said:

simple rounding had left me to assume that LC belongs in that set.

This is why I wish to seperate certain augments into different catagories, one for direct power increase augments and ones for quality of life augments. Augments are not created equal in warframe, some are straight up more useful or have more powerful effects than others. The only problem however I might see with my solution is which mod would be put into which catagory. It has to be done right otherwise some augments are going to be put into the wrong catagory, if done incorrectly low power mods could end up costing too much and vice versa.

In case anyone didn't see my post earlier or forgot this was my soloution:

"I put forth the the idea of indeed having a warframe augment slot however, the slot would go alongside the sorting of augment mods into different catagories." "Ones that directly increase power and ones that offer more of a utility and QOL change to the said Warframe". "The utility augments would have a lower energy cost, meanwhile augments that give a boost in power or both utility and power should cost double the energy of a utility augment, for example".

Edited by Sonicbullitt

6 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Kuku said:

Just wondering if there is any idea of possibly giving us an augment slot to the right of the exilus slot so we can always have at least one augment on are warframes without having to use any of the other slots for an augment mod.

I would rather have all augments be compatible with Exilus slots.