Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rejected Tennogen Items

It can be annoying that the reasons many tennogen items get rejected would also keep many deluxe skins from releasing as well. When it comes to well designed cosmetics, its like DE has a paper with a list of vague qualms that could keep something from being added in the game if they don't like it. They really need to start giving people suggestions for fixing their creations rather than "eyes/mouth too real" or "too fantasy." These seem to be the most common complaints, even though there are many skins (including base skins) that don't follow those rules in the game.

Edited by Imahealer1x
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SpiralViper said:

Tennogen has a separate rulebook from internal designs; DE and the people designing deluxe skins don't have to follow the same rules that apply to Tennogen.

I know, but I still think its annoying, I see many cosmetics get scrapped for it, and sometimes it really does get vague on what's ok or not when its an original creation and not based on anything in Warframe, other than the warframe itself of course.

Edited by Imahealer1x

It is annoying, but it's not going to change. And is common in this line of work, even many of the pros have had to rework everything they've done, sometimes it takes more than a year. There's a lot to be unhappy with about the rules but they won't change so we just have to work with what it is

6 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

It is annoying, but it's not going to change. And is common in this line of work, even many of the pros have had to rework everything they've done, sometimes it takes more than a year. There's a lot to be unhappy with about the rules but they won't change so we just have to work with what it is

True, true. I mostly made the post because a cosmetic I've really been looking forward to for a while got canned. I'm over it now after sleeping on it. All I can hope for is that it gets released in some form or another.

I don't mind the rules. Sure, a lot of skins that I liked never made it into the game because DE didn't accept them, but it's good that they have their own vision and stick to it.

If DE accepted everything that community votes for it would be just a matter of time before stuff like meme-cosmetics or korean-MMO-cosmetics would make their way into the game. A lot people like this kind of stuff after all.

It's a shame that a cool looking skin got rejected, but it's good that DE puts their own vision first. You know, it keeps the visual integrity of the game together. If DE can't say what fits and what isn't, then the integrity goes out of the window. Just like telling an artist what they should put on their painting even if they don't feel it fits

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In this regard my only bone to pick with DE would be that the Tennogen rulebook is very outdated. Lmao. I think a revision is overdue.

On the matter of DE rejecting things, that's totally fine. It's a common thing in this industry specially with a game that has a very distinct visual guideline.

Anyways, just my 2 cents on the matter.