Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never really liked Primary weapons. Can I have another secondary instead?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Ok.  I kind of have to agree with this.  I have many primaries.  There are a few I like.  But I collect secondaries because I like them better as well.

Primaries.

Dread, Fullmin, Baza (Soon to be Baza prime) and Scourge are ok.  But id rather my Zakti or my Cyanex to be my primary with my Pox as a secondary.  Or Sonicor.

Wait.  I to like the Lenz.  Because it feels like a secondary.

On 2019-08-08 at 4:35 PM, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

I've never been a fan of Primary weapons. So I'd like an option to equip another secondary weapon instead. You guys wouldn't even have to change where it would holster. Edit: No mod restriction pls, and i hope it to just remove weapon slot restriction in entirety, so you can choose 3 of ANY weapons freely...

A secondary wep taking the primary weps place on my back would look pretty cool. 

I can understand your argument, and I agree with you to an extent. It would be pretty cool to have a secondary in place of primaries, especially because some of the coolest secondaries (like the Euphona Prime or Pyrana Prime) have the potential to totally outclass some box standard primaries (like the Braton and the Boar).

However, I think that having two different secondaries might break game balance, or make killing a chore. On one hand, it's nauseating to think of someone running around with two Nukors or Staticors and Control+Alt+Deleting Grineer out of our plane of existance. But on the other hand, the entire point of secondaries is to be a trusty sidearm for when you run out of rifle ammo, or a Drahk Master snatches your Ignis.

Most of the sidearms that Warframe has to offer can do the job, but are never meant to go above and beyond certain primaries that specialize in that field. While the Akbolto Prime has amazing crit potential, it will not be able to get reliable yellow, orange, and red crits that something like the Dread or the Lenz could achieve. Atomos can turn a large group of infested into a small pile of ashes and mush, but the Ignis and Amprex will always hold supreme with the amount of room clearing potential they have. Not to mention that every secondary uses the same type of ammo, meaning that you will need to invest in Pistol Ammo Mutation, or be really good at looting on the fly.

A perfect example of guns getting outclassed by others is the Dual Decurion, the dual pistol secondaries out of the archguns. While they are good at their job, not many people would choose these things over something more powerful, like the Larkspur, Velocitus, or Imperator Vandal.

TL DR Version: While the thoughts of having more secondaries to use in a mission is a cool idea on paper, I think that a feature like this could break balance by giving players more miniature unnerfed monsters to use in one mission, make players run desperately low on ammo, or lose the larger amount of firepower that primaries have that some secondaries lack. But it is an interesting idea nonetheless.

7 hours ago, (XB1)HollowCube987 said:

While the thoughts of having more secondaries to use in a mission is a cool idea on paper, I think that a feature like this could break balance by giving players more miniature unnerfed monsters to use in one mission, make players run desperately low on ammo, or lose the larger amount of firepower that primaries have that some secondaries lack. But it is an interesting idea nonetheless.

On the other hand, we already have access to those kind of monster weapons. There isn't anything stopping players from equipping a God form Staticor. The only thing they can't do right now is pair that with a God form Nukor. But they don't really have to in the first place: the Staticor often does just fine on its own and there's enough powerful primary weapons to fill in the other slot, should a player actually need that kind of overpowered second piece of equipment. So it's a form of balance that's kind of already had its back Bane'd, at least with current weapon balances.

@(XB1)HollowCube987 - I have a Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation maxed out. And I've done it before other, "more viable" white mods. Just for my Twin Grakatas. I see no reason why those couldn't classify as a primary.
There are secondaries with no ammo problems. Some are slow firing, with huge damage per shot (making any ammo you pick up worth it) and others auto-regenerate ammo.

Now, an Arch-Gun that doesn't rely on gear slots...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-12-12 at 8:49 PM, Tyreaus said:

On the other hand, we already have access to those kind of monster weapons. There isn't anything stopping players from equipping a God form Staticor. The only thing they can't do right now is pair that with a God form Nukor. But they don't really have to in the first place: the Staticor often does just fine on its own and there's enough powerful primary weapons to fill in the other slot, should a player actually need that kind of overpowered second piece of equipment. So it's a form of balance that's kind of already had its back Bane'd, at least with current weapon balances.

To piggy back on this, players can still only use one weapon at a time. That said 3 opticors or 3 nukors or whatever is no more meta or overpowered than what we have already. Primary, secondary belongs in Call of Duty, not a sci fi ninja space horde shooter. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

That would be cool.

I'd have another throwing weapon and just mod it differently so I can switch between two different loadouts of same throwing weapon.

That's a good idea. That's a GREAT idea!
Twin Grakatas for corrosive
Twin Grakatas for radiation
Twin Grakatas for magnetic

A maxed Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation for each of them would be a worthy investment.

Although I'd still like to be able to equip my Grattler (archgun) as a regular weapon. Even if it took 2 slots. Missions that disable gear items are a disappointment.

On 2019-08-08 at 4:15 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You're no fun if I don't hear a VERY short fart sound coming from you, followed by a "Oh shoot I'm out of ammo"

Too right. Grakatas need ammo mutation to work properly. Only secondary that I've burned through all 2,000 rounds of ammo in several missions. 

This is OP though:

Image result for metal gear gun spinning gif

I think I'm the opposite, I'd like to have a Tiberon Prime, and a shortened Baza as a secondary. Not enough suppressed firearm secondaries. 

22 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Incorrect. Grakatas cannot work properly with better ammo efficiency. The faster you run out of ammo, the better. THAT is how you PROPERLY Grakata

Incorrect. You properly Grakata only while there's at least 4 of your bullets en route to your target. You can't do that if you go out of ammo, which makes Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation and eventually ammo pizzas a necessity. Check the clip below:

Twin Kohmak is also good, but both Grakata and Kohm weapons are too quiet for good dakka. Hek is fine in that regard.

On 2020-01-22 at 2:57 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You're using it wrong. All properly Clem-approved Grakatas MUST meet the minimum required specifications of running out of ammo in less than .5 milliseconds

That's right! This is why Wild Frenzy is great. It's not about trying to get kills in a clip to refill the mag, it's about spamming full mags of ammo as fast as you can while pointing the gun in the enemy's general direction.

On 2020-01-23 at 8:19 PM, SpringRocker said:

That's right! This is why Wild Frenzy is great. It's not about trying to get kills in a clip to refill the mag, it's about spamming full mags of ammo as fast as you can while pointing the gun in the enemy's general direction.

Bonus points if you get the endless ammo buff from void fissure missions

2 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

What? They don't do that.

Technically you are correct. However from my perspective the frame is slower because of they way frames carry primary weapons like a loaf of bread by cradling them. So to me it's slower and looks clunky and dated. I wanna opt out of that dated clunkiness. 

Archived