Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never really liked Primary weapons. Can I have another secondary instead?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Well it looks like primary Kitguns may scratch that itch for the OP.  Also, not related, but maybe kinda?  Prisma Grakata with Twin Grakata, Wild Frenzy, Vigorous Swap, Arcane Pistoleer, and auto-reloading mods like the Synth set mods is a fricking blast!  Endless amounts of daka.

On 2020-01-31 at 11:31 PM, eboomer said:

Well it looks like primary Kitguns may scratch that itch for the OP.  Also, not related, but maybe kinda?  Prisma Grakata with Twin Grakata, Wild Frenzy, Vigorous Swap, Arcane Pistoleer, and auto-reloading mods like the Synth set mods is a fricking blast!  Endless amounts of daka.

I was just using Garuda's new Blood Forge augment to do something like this. Wild Frenzy is disgustingly powerful when there's zero downtime between magazines and keeps regenerating it's ammo. It's like playing Salvador from BL2 all over again.

• 1 month later...

If the secondary is a single pistol, you should be able to dual wield it with another single pistol. (Ex: Cyanex & Tysis.) The tradeoff being that you can't aim down sights while dual wielding different secondaries. Fire button would shoot the gun on the right, aim button would shoot the gun on the left. This would encourage players to try different weapon combinations, like stacking different Pringles flavors to create new ones.

Additional rules: You can't combine single pistols that could be combined under normal circumstances. (2 Lex)

You can't combine two of the same pistols, even if there are different variants. (Nukor & Kuva Nukor)

The Pyrana Prime can't be used in any combination because it already splits into two guns.

Kitguns cannot be used in any combination. We dont need any dual wielded Haymaker Splat Catchmoons and Tombfingers.

On 2020-03-14 at 3:42 PM, (XB1)HollowCube987 said:

If the secondary is a single pistol, you should be able to dual wield it with another single pistol. (Ex: Cyanex & Tysis.) The tradeoff being that you can't aim down sights while dual wielding different secondaries. Fire button would shoot the gun on the right, aim button would shoot the gun on the left. This would encourage players to try different weapon combinations, like stacking different Pringles flavors to create new ones.

Additional rules: You can't combine single pistols that could be combined under normal circumstances. (2 Lex)

You can't combine two of the same pistols, even if there are different variants. (Nukor & Kuva Nukor)

The Pyrana Prime can't be used in any combination because it already splits into two guns.

Kitguns cannot be used in any combination. We dont need any dual wielded Haymaker Splat Catchmoons and Tombfingers.

Make a separate topic for this suggestion. Be warned though... Might not be as well received as this one.

• 1 month later...

While I generally like the idea, there may cause a couple of problems. Most prominently, potentially broken mod combinations that havent been anticipated yet. This change will also affect frames like Titania (scales off secondary mods) or Mesa (empowers secondaries) and certainly will make them more powerful. Given that primary weapons are typically stronger than secondaries (outside of a few overpowered secondaries), I dont think it would be a big deal honestly, but its always hard to see through every potential consequence of radical changes like this.

3 hours ago, cuddlycloud said:

potentially broken mod combinations that havent been anticipated yet.

Though I do appreciate the concern - it's good to be vigilant - weapons are, basically, separate and exclusive instances. That means:

1. Any potential problems that could arise from modding two pistols can already occur by modding a Burst Laser and a player's secondary

2. Titania's Dex Pixia have their own modding section and are their own instance

3. Mesa's buffs wouldn't double-dip (both secondaries may get a 15% fire rate / 25% reload speed buff, but it isn't like they'd get a 30% / 50% buff respectively)

In short, they don't really interact with each other. Set mods, for example, were made not to double-dip between player weapons and sentinel weapons (so you can't stack up Vigilante set bonuses with two Vigilante Armaments, one on a sentinel, one on a primary). They're kind of in their own little boxes. On the other hand, if non-buggy interaction problems did arise, it'd probably be issues or problems shared with sentinel weapons, so it isn't like excluding this idea would keep us out of the woods either.

(Bugs making issues are another story and are pretty much inevitable on some level...)

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Tyreaus:

Though I do appreciate the concern - it's good to be vigilant - weapons are, basically, separate and exclusive instances. That means:

1. Any potential problems that could arise from modding two pistols can already occur by modding a Burst Laser and a player's secondary

2. Titania's Dex Pixia have their own modding section and are their own instance

3. Mesa's buffs wouldn't double-dip (both secondaries may get a 15% fire rate / 25% reload speed buff, but it isn't like they'd get a 30% / 50% buff respectively)

In short, they don't really interact with each other. Set mods, for example, were made not to double-dip between player weapons and sentinel weapons (so you can't stack up Vigilante set bonuses with two Vigilante Armaments, one on a sentinel, one on a primary). They're kind of in their own little boxes. On the other hand, if non-buggy interaction problems did arise, it'd probably be issues or problems shared with sentinel weapons, so it isn't like excluding this idea would keep us out of the woods either.

(Bugs making issues are another story and are pretty much inevitable on some level...)

1. Is not true. Through vigilante and similar mod-sets you can get gains for both secondaries at the same time and complete set boni more easily. There are more examples.

2. Titania's Dex Pixia also scales off certain mods on your secondary weapon. You can easily test this with mods like seeker in your secondary, as it will apply to the Dex Pixia as well. Multishot, Status Chance and Damage also belong to stats that increase their damage.

3. I didnt assume that it would double-dip, but being able to choose between 2 damage boosted guns provides more flexibility.

I suppose your point is that the interactions are to miniscule to consider, because they absolutely make an impact.

17 minutes ago, cuddlycloud said:

1. Is not true. Through vigilante and similar mod-sets you can get gains for both secondaries at the same time and complete set boni more easily. There are more examples.

As I said, you can do that with sentinel weapons already. I didn't say there were no interactions, just that if there are problematic ones, they're already possible.

2. Titania's Dex Pixia also scales off certain mods on your secondary weapon. You can easily test this with mods like seeker in your secondary, as it will apply to the Dex Pixia as well. Multishot, Status Chance and Damage also belong to stats that increase their damage.

I get the feeling that's probably a bug, or otherwise unintended, given it does have its own modding page (and the point behind having its own modding page was so exalted weapons wouldn't pull from their regular counterparts). Not to mention "certain mods", which based on your list, I presume excludes crit mods for an obscure reason. I don't have Titania so I'd have to take your word on that, though.

I suppose your point is that the interactions are to miniscule to consider, because they absolutely make an impact.

The bigger point was that another secondary at least should, barring bugs, be treated the same sort of way as a sentinel weapon. So if there are busted interactions, then they should either be A: bugs or B: already existing between a player's secondary and sentinel weapons. I.e., if we'd have a problem with two secondaries, we already have a problem and it probably needs to be fixed. Another secondary just highlights the problem.

Mesa's Regulators are broken on the OP side of being broken for every content under lvl120 (and viable much above that). I'm fine with that.
If those get unintentionally buffed, it may make Regulators viable up to 20 levels more. I'm fine with that.

I believe the potential problem could lie with melee weapons, but then again... It wouldn't cause any significant problems beyond those that are already present.
Just yesterday, I've been in a Lua Disruption. I spawned into a premade group designed for farming it. Mesa, supported by Equinox (who gave +80%) and a Slova.
I overshadowed that Mesa. 76% damage dealt. Was using only my Zaw.

A Valkyr using Helios can already have 3 melee weapons in her loadout. Default melee, Talons and Deconstructor. If that ain't causing horrible mod combination problems, I don't know what will.

The only REAL problem I see is textures of equipped weapons overlapping. Imagine 3 sparring weapons equipped at the same time >.<
The solution could be limiting the "always show" to one weapon of the same type. Or to strictly render ONLY the equipped weapon in cases where multiple weapons of the same type are equipped. Then again... There are people who'd make peace with bugged textures just to have the functionality implemented. Me among them!

On 2019-08-08 at 1:44 PM, NinjaZeku said:

No but seriously though, you didn't find a single one that worked for you, with the vast variety out there?

What are your favorite Secondaries? There's surely something similar in the Primary department.

I am in the same boat as OP.

Mutalist Quanta was my favorite Primary, but it got reworked 8n a badway. No more making Projectiles Hitscan, Elemental mods decrease damage through orbs, No longer scaling damage to intger cap (admittedly was a bug), no reload animation cancel like Some/Sobek still have* 

Penta lost its Airbusrt for Headshots when DE was fixing Tonkor auto-headshots.

Currently if not Weapon restricted bound I am using Ferrox as Alt-fire throw weapon. (I do like Shedu is 1-handed for Rifle only Mobile Defense)

I hope there is a future for a Modular Continuous Beam Sniper Rifle where the hit counter is more of the ramp-up damage amplifier. Or possibly be more of laser-guided pulse weapon: mark target hold and Pulse is delivered at specified Fire-Rate. (Basically the same thing as continuous beam weapon, but more of the old-beam weapon damage mechanics where damage was clumped together every sec instead of each particle tick.)

Or a modular Throwing Spear-Gun....heck I would take the Stunna Fishing Spear if it counted as a Primary. (Basically what I am doing with Ferrox)

I was a Spectra user back when base damage was 8.0 and now use a modular Gaze.

Similar theme persists with Convectrix Shotgun as personal choice. (All pinpoint damage on high-lighted enemy Weakpoints, no scattered pellets and still able to get headshot Multiplier unlike Arca Plasmor)

Panthera is missing some handling stat tweaks from making my a rotation.

I am all for using another Secondary in place of a Primary slot for a weapon. Even if it requires duplicate mods...again.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm gonna make myself unpopular:

I will never get, why some players insist so stubbornly on changing weapon slot rules.

I think DE has enough other construction sites. New content, bug fixes and revisions are certainly enough to do, and add more to Warframe than such a change (which is certainly not trivial to implement because of all the spaghetti code), just to satisfy a few players who are simply not able or willing to accept and adapt to the most basic elements of the game.

If you don't like primaries: Fine. Nobody forces you to use (or even equip) one. And if you like to use different secondaries, you can simply switch between every mission. And with the exilus slots you even don't have to worry about ammo.

Waste of time and effort. A hard "no" for me.

(Hell, it's basically the same as with all the kiddies crying for a battle royal mode.)

It seems plausible. A lanky, dry spaghetti noodle frame like Nezha is able to withstand recoil from the grounded Larkspur's secondary fire (that's akin to a freight train dropping from orbit) without his arms being launched out of their sockets and his rings flying from his body like he's in a Sonic game.

I know Nezha is a Tank/Support, but he is one of the skinniest frames in the game. If he can survive that, then he and any other frame can survive having a Viper in their hands instead of an Opticor.

my god please don't be like the in crowd an make a battle royal version on here.  All that does is brings the trolls and cheaters to the game hence gta 5 an fortnite nothing but crappy players who use cheats , hacks ,  mods , an bots to be better than rest. But in reality there still crap cause its the add on doing the work but now there heads blow up cause there amazing. 

Are future prison inmates!    

One of the reason I like this game no stress of trolls messing up my game missions or shooting at me. , tge game tuff enough leveling up your weapons an warframe and being attacked by a endless horde of villains 

I'd like to be able to equip dual secondaries as primaries, with primary mods, so dead weapons like Twin Vipers Wraith or Aklex Prime could be resurrected with Hunter Munitions and (Primed) Shred. It never made sense to me to have two nearly-identical versions of the same secondary, nor did trying to wield a dual weapon with one hand. I really wouldn't care if they could still be equipped as secondaries, just the extra option would be nice.

Well... 6 pages of this topic and now I see someone is against this.
Reason: "I don't need this, there are more important things to implement and fix first".

Well, the OP most definitely NEEDS this.

I'd like this to happen. I don't need it, but would like it very much. I'd like it more than that tileset rework and Corpus lore additions. Heck! I'd welcome it instead of some bug fixes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-06-09 at 9:20 AM, _Mannaroth_ said:

Okay, I'm gonna make myself unpopular:

I will never get, why some players insist so stubbornly on changing weapon slot rules.

You mean like when DE finally added (most) exalted weapons getting their own Mod eligible loadout slot

Or

Twin Grakata using 2 Primary slot Grakata weapons and becoming a Secondary Akimbo weapon?

Or 

Only Secondary Weapons can be guns wielded while carrying an object: **Except for Shedu Primary

There might be some players that refuse to use any of the above that break Warframe's original weapon slot rules, that have been changed by DE, but I would say they are in the small minority of playerbase.

Biggest controversial change by DE 2as the shared Special/Launcher Ammo pool:

Where having a Bow and Angstrum equipped meant you had no ammo. But a Crossbow equipped at that time technically counted as Rifle Ammo even though a Bow/Crossbow both used Arrow Mutation.**

"Space Magic: 2 straws drinking from the same juice box." - Sheldon

On 2019-08-08 at 9:35 PM, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Edit: No mod restriction pls, and i hope it to just remove weapon slot restriction in entirety, so you can choose 3 of ANY weapons freely...

This is something I'd personally really like to see. I don't think there's truly a point to being limited to one primary, one secondary, and one melee, particularly as the distinction between primaries and secondaries is already fairly arbitrary: secondary weapons are smaller and... that's it, really? They're equally powerful, equally fast, and often do the same things. I don't think there would be any balance problem with letting us equip two secondaries, or even two primaries, and in this respect I think one could easily pool at least our guns together, if not all of our weapons in order to let us choose freely.

Glad to see people still like this idea, like before I am all for this becoming a feature in the game. more so now that we have a new gunblade, ALL HAIL THE TRIFORCE....oh and once again still a fun (yet costly) idea, the triple twin grakata, go clem.

On 2020-06-23 at 2:25 PM, Teridax68 said:

This is something I'd personally really like to see. I don't think there's truly a point to being limited to one primary, one secondary, and one melee, particularly as the distinction between primaries and secondaries is already fairly arbitrary: secondary weapons are smaller and... that's it, really? They're equally powerful, equally fast, and often do the same things. I don't think there would be any balance problem with letting us equip two secondaries, or even two primaries, and in this respect I think one could easily pool at least our guns together, if not all of our weapons in order to let us choose freely.

Well said! You forgot to mention that gunblades are mostly used as a "secondary" and Contagion Zaws as grenade launcher primaries.
Weapon types should remain (Assault Rifle, Shotgun, SMG,...). Categories could go away (Heavy, Primary, Secondary, Melee).

Ammo types are not a problem. Twin Kohmak are a "Pistol" at the moment even though they fire shotgun pellets by design. Just mention in the tooltip "This weapon uses pistol ammo". stuff like 9mm shotgun shells exists IRL, too. Even better, put an icon representing the ammo drop shape on its tooltip.

Introduce "one-handed" and "two-handed" so players know which weapons they can use while still being able to carry an objective. This is visible in the equip animation.

And while we're at it, a weapon's tooltip should also say something like "Mods type:..............Sniper (+Rifle)". I have a friend who's relatively new to this game and he often has trouble deciding which weapon to buy because it's unclear which mods or ammo type it uses.

2 hours ago, Daskrieg said:

Glad to see people still like this idea, like before I am all for this becoming a feature in the game. more so now that we have a new gunblade, ALL HAIL THE TRIFORCE....oh and once again still a fun (yet costly) idea, the triple twin grakata, go clem.

Twin Grakatas for every damage combination you need!  😄 
A maxed Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation in each pair. If it's 3 ammo pools, you'd need 3 copies of the mod. If it's a shared ammo pool, you can place the same mod in all three.

No more confusing "secondaries" using grenade launcher ammo pool.

Archived