Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never really liked Primary weapons. Can I have another secondary instead?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

On 2020-07-15 at 4:02 AM, Nazuud said:

Great minds think alike. 😄

I would really love this to be a thing, I imagine having like a daikyu + nikana lifesteal combo and hema to trigger Vex armor on my chroma, that would be so good. Hopefully this will get DE's attention. 

Nice! 

A really great opportunity here now that the UI is getting overhauled. 

• 1 month later...

I just sold my veiled rivens and sculptures to find out...
Looks like some ascendant side character in an anime.

Imagine wielding a heavy blade and having 2 more on your back. Same or different ones, whatever you like :D

AFRPoWI.jpg

dbBQJrg.jpg

On 2020-10-04 at 10:34 PM, Uthael said:

I just sold my veiled rivens and sculptures to find out...
Looks like some ascendant side character in an anime.

Imagine wielding a heavy blade and having 2 more on your back. Same or different ones, whatever you like :D

AFRPoWI.jpg

dbBQJrg.jpg

Pfahahhahha that’s hilariously funny broken yet awesome!   Lol and add the 3 sword syadana. Lol

On 2020-10-02 at 11:33 PM, Uthael said:

Opticor as a primary, Shedu as secondary :D

That’s sounds fun

• 3 weeks later...

So I’ve recently fell in love with two new weapons. Just built the Tombfinger, Love, splat weapon and put 6 forma in it and the Capstan skin on it and it’s absolutely addicting with Pax seeker and my riven. The second is the Sepulcrum. This weapon is also vary much addicting. Put 7 forma in it and love the riven I bought for it too. Sepulcrum would look fantastic on my back.

Would be so awesome to be able to equip 2 secondary weapons. That said just being able to equip any 3 weapons would give an endless amount of possibilities, synergies and options to the players. 

that said as of right now if I could pick any 3 weapons it’d be Mausolon, Tomfinger and Sepulcrum. That would be just devine. 

On 2020-01-22 at 9:44 PM, Uthael said:

Platinum unlocks for the ability? Even if it's per-frame...

Edit: Or a Gravimag equivalent for per-weapon use.

I’d be down with that. It be the fastest plat purchase ever! Lol

On 2020-10-30 at 11:51 AM, Zzz-Somnus-zzZ said:

How would shared ammo work? 1 primed ammo mutation type to feed all of the same weapon types? (yes I'm thinking of Grakatas)

Yes. Something in my memory tells me that secondary grenade launchers share the sniper ammo pool. Might have been patched, though. I dislike using em, so not sure.
While ammo mutation does refill multiple weapons, they all drain the same single pool.

still waiting to see if they ever see and think about this idea, really want to be able to toss on an all melee set, all pistol or an all primary set.

But mostly an all melee set, something just says fun when you think of the concept of having a skiajati and a nikana prime on your back with a zaw nikana on your side, that or having all 3 gunblades.

On 2020-10-30 at 10:51 AM, Zzz-Somnus-zzZ said:

How would shared ammo work? 1 primed ammo mutation type to feed all of the same weapon types? (yes I'm thinking of Grakatas)

We would still have weapon types. Rifle, pistol, launcher, shotgun, melee, bow. And each weapon type has its own ammo pool. Unless you have 2 AkVastos for example they would share the same ammo pool.

On 2020-11-01 at 7:54 PM, Daskrieg said:

But mostly an all melee set, something just says fun when you think of the concept of having a skiajati and a nikana prime on your back with a zaw nikana on your side, that or having all 3 gunblades.

All 3 gun blades would be so awesome! OMG! Buying every holster position I’d have a lot of fun trying to make them all appear holstered all over my Mesa! 

• 2 weeks later...

Was about to ask about this. I'm all for an extra secondary as option instead of a primary/second loadout, but my only other thoughts on that is that 1) the ammo pool would have to double, and 2) if storage becomes an issue, it might be restricted to single-variant pistols you can equip in either slot. No paired pistols, throwns, or Staticor, to name a few.

19 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Was about to ask about this. I'm all for an extra secondary as option instead of a primary/second loadout, but my only other thoughts on that is that 1) the ammo pool would have to double, and 2) if storage becomes an issue, it might be restricted to single-variant pistols you can equip in either slot. No paired pistols, throwns, or Staticor, to name a few.

1) For the sake of getting it implemented under fewer "balance" objections, I won't vote for that.
2) Why would paired be a problem? Same as if carrying a datamass.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Not that you (nor I) would, but would all weapons being [visible when holstered] cause a(ny) problems if you had a dual pair atop a dual pair in the same location?

No, it would just look ugly. Happens now, too. Holster positions are left for the user to change if overlapping bothers them.

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

No, it would just look ugly. Happens now, too. Holster positions are left for the user to change if overlapping bothers them.

That and secondaries could/ can just replace the primary positions. Melee have custom types so non issues there too.  Euphona P would look pretty sweet on my WFs back. 

On 2020-11-13 at 11:09 AM, Uthael said:

Exactly my point.

I'm starting to have a hard time finding the words for this, but I'm trying to draw up a workable and balanced concept that doesn't fry the game like what I considered for triggers and pairing when I drew up the following concept for dual-wield kitguns awhile back.

It'd basically center around the trigger and magazine, in that order. (Auto_Held), (Burst_Semi), or Charge. Prevents the game from shorting on operating two radically different triggers at once. If two different magazine caps are used and one gun runs empty while auto-reload is enabled, auto-reload kicks in only once both guns are fully empty.

The foreseeable problem I ran into there was if you had a burst and held paired together, the game wouldn't be able to pair them like Akbolto or Akstiletto because the triggers would mix should one of them be holdable (Auto_Held) -- it'd prioritize one trigger over the other so that if you tried to continuously fire a Nukor while paired with a Sicarus, either you'd have to work around the Sicarus and have a spurting Nukor, or around the Nukor and the Sicarus would go inactive till you released>pressed the trigger; incidentally, kinda reminds me of the story about a Destiny 1 player trying to get super-homing from an RL perk and a helmet perk combined, and the game giving them dumbfire rockets because it -- in its inability to decide -- just quit.:

But I digress a little.

I'm thinking something like that to minimize potential problems. Hit a toggle option (like for holster visibility) to switch the primary slot over to a secondary and remove dual pairings from the original secondary slot's available selection, Maybe the pair concept I drew up with same-trigger weapons, single-variant, treat both as one (mixed) pair.

I think how it should be designed is that we should have 3 slots and we should be capable of using any wepaon on any of the three slots, you want three melee? three primary? three pistols? also certain weapons should have mix and match capabilities, like ak variants so if u have ur akvasto and wanna use ur glaive it should automatically use the normal variant stats!

additionally i always found it stupid that i can't hold a mobile defense hack payload with my rifle but i can hold it with my GRAM PRIME ? WTF is that about? i think we shuold put it on our back not hold it like a bag! and we should be capable of holding it while any weapon is in hand!

On 2020-11-19 at 12:48 PM, Xikto said:

i think we shuold put it on our back not hold it like a bag!

That sticky force is only usable for aim-gliding and clinging to smooth walls. And you want to carry small objects with it?! Preposterous!
Note: sarcasm should not be taken seriously

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-11-19 at 11:48 AM, Xikto said:

think how it should be designed is that we should have 3 slots and we should be capable of using any wepaon on any of the three slots

Yup!! 

On 2020-10-30 at 10:45 AM, Leuca said:

I'd rather just have Weapon slots 1, 2, and 3. If my weapons can dissolve into the VOID when I swap then what's physically stopping me from picking any 3 I want?

This^ Fixed. I like this too! If it can make it easier for DE to implement. I’m down. Fastest purchase ever! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2020-12-18 at 8:38 PM, Uthael said:

Equipment can share mods for a while now. Let's hope they implement this soon.

With DE Redoing thier UI, this idea is a great opportunity. 

On 2020-10-30 at 10:45 AM, Leuca said:

I'd rather just have Weapon slots 1, 2, and 3. If my weapons can dissolve into the ether when I swap then what's physically stopping me from picking any 3 I want?

Dated UI code is all. Needs an update

Archived