Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never really liked Primary weapons. Can I have another secondary instead?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

20 hours ago, Uthael said:

DE, please do it. Say that "primary, secondary and melee are intended weapon roles, but nobody actually has to equip 1 of each."

Mechanically, they could probably just make "primary" and "secondary" (and, for melee, "tertiary") preferences when the game has to prioritize certain things. E.g., you spawn holding your most primary weapon (primary if you have it, secondary if you have no primary), if they share ammo then the primary will be filled before the secondary (secondary before tertiary), swapping weapons cycles from primary to secondary to tertiary (and holding the swap button goes in the other direction)...

As for mods, "primary" mods could be re-labelled "non-pistol firearm" mods - because Augur Pact is listed as a pistol mod. For some reason. But I'm gonna go with it. The entire "primary weapon" classification can then be broken down into snipers, rifles, shotguns, so on and so forth. It's not like that isn't already partly in the game anyway, what with shotguns being "primary" but having different mods to rifles.

Also, just because: if clipping is a concern, they could - theoretically, at least - give "holster area" array properties to weapons (array because dual wield weapons can be set in multiple places). So most pistols have a "right hip" holster property, because they're holstered on the right hip / thigh area. If there's another weapon with the same property, the second weapon is set to "hide when holstered" - the one that shows is, you guessed it, based on how primary it is. So if you have a hip-holstered primary weapon and a hip-holstered secondary weapon, the secondary will be hidden when it's holstered and the primary will show in that area.

(Side-note: this could readily open up the possibility of holster options for firearms, which could be a neat little plat sink...)

On 2021-01-25 at 3:12 AM, (XBOX)XGN Dokkaebi said:

this would be cool if implemented it would just need to be balanced.

If there was any balance that was needed, the only balance I could see would be if someone wanted to equip the same gun(s) twice they would have to run off the same ammo pool.

On 2019-08-08 at 9:45 PM, 7.T. said:

Pretty awesome idea. Could be fun

Would be awesome. Game changer for sure. Lots of great weapon combinations and potential holster positioning options. 

On 2020-12-18 at 8:38 PM, Uthael said:

Equipment can share mods for a while now. Let's hope they implement this soon.

Yes let’s hope. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-01-18 at 1:30 AM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

With DE Redoing thier UI, this idea is a great opportunity. 

Could really be something unique and special 

On 2021-02-18 at 3:09 PM, Uthael said:

Taking a break from Warframe. Let me know if anything changes.

For sure

This would be a fantastic change to overall weapon art equip decisions.

On 2021-01-25 at 10:34 PM, Tyreaus said:

Side-note: this could readily open up the possibility of holster options for firearms, which could be a neat little plat sink...)

Fastest plat purchase ever. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Twin Grakatas with Arcane Pistoleer as general purpose weapon.
Rattle SplatMaker + Pax Charge when somehow out of ammo.
Some hard-hitting crit with Exodia Contagion when things need to stay hit. Infinite ammo grenade launcher.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-12-18 at 8:38 PM, Uthael said:

Equipment can share mods for a while now. Let's hope they implement this soon.

Still haven’t herd anything and no update. This is such a missed opportunity. 

On 2021-04-14 at 10:32 AM, Uthael said:

Twin Grakatas with Arcane Pistoleer as general purpose weapon.
Rattle SplatMaker + Pax Charge when somehow out of ammo.
Some hard-hitting crit with Exodia Contagion when things need to stay hit. Infinite ammo grenade launcher.

Would be a lot of fun yes. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Doomsknightmare said:

Hell Yeah ! As a melee enthusiast I wish I could just equip 3 different melee weapons at the same time 😄

What melee weapons would you equip in your primary secondary and melee slots if those slots were changed to just slot 1, 2, 3 and you could equip 3 melee? 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

What melee weapons would you equip in your primary secondary and melee slots if those slots were changed to just slot 1, 2, 3 and you could equip 3 melee? 

I'm not them, but Glaive Prime, my Nikana zaw with Exodia Contagion, and probably a gunblade.

Yes I'm the psychopath who would use all ranged melee weapons. Come at me. Oh wait I'm too far away.

Also I'd like to say that I've gotten to the point of using a kitgun primary (rattleguts + riven) with a sentinel and secondary stat-stick - shields per ability FTW - but I still support this idea 110%. Flat out, this is just something that would be fun to toy around with. And there are probably some QoL improvements hidden in it too: I've had datamasses keep my secondary equipped after using them, but if I were to slot a pistol in the primary slot, there would be no weapon swapping on pick-up so that issue would (likely) vanish.

On 2021-06-11 at 10:25 AM, Tyreaus said:

m not them, but Glaive Prime, my Nikana zaw with Exodia Contagion, and probably a gunblade.

Yes I'm the psychopath who would use all ranged melee weapons. Come at me. Oh wait I'm too far away.

Make sense tbh. Right now melees are far better ranged weapons than the guns themselves. There's just... not really a gameplay reason for bringing a primary weapons. Of course, you can always just use whatever you want, that's preference.  

If I can, I would juse a Combo melee for close range (Gram P, Kronen P etc.), Kuva Nukor for mid range, and then a glaive for long range (Glaive P, Xoris etc.).That way I have a valid reason to useball of my weapons.    

If the goal is to have weapons balanced and relatively equal with each other then there is no point in having them separated into categories, rather slot 1,2, 3 and let us select the 3 weapons we want to carry.

That said there wasnt any balance taken into consideration with primaries secondary and melees anyway. 

I only way I can realistically see that happening if is the UI and Arsenal system get a major overhaul or even a complete rebuild. Considering how much spaghetti code WF already has, just changing it is more than likely to introduce a whole slew of new bugs.

Imagine using 3 of the same melee weapon to just switch stances xD

There are also a couple of weapons with status and crit fire modes. With this, we'd be able to build for both! Make the same weapon again and just mod it differently.

Or have that "reload when holstered" mod set permanently active and just keep unloading :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived