Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moostar95

The most overrated frame in game.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...By who?

Because almost nobody sane is even considering Vauban worth the time it takes to build him

Exactly, massively overrated.

Just now, Braneman said:

Exactly, massively overrated.

...I've been bamboozled haven't I?

In hindsight that is actually a really good joke though, take my upvote.

39 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...By who?

By M-m-mmmmmmm........... damn it I can't finish that sentence..... *looks sadly down at my feet* ...... by no one 

Like overrated in that a lot of people seem interested in getting them but you're all like "but why tho?"? 

If that's the case then Ember, and it's been Ember for a loooooooooooooooong time. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Every frame other than Rhino. 

And THIS ^ Right here is how you earn a point for “overrated”.  😏 +1 to Rhino.

As others have already mentioned: Excal/Umbra and Inaros, aka the boringest frames that ever bored anyone. Excals's only useful ability is his 4 with Chromatic Blade, otherwise he's outdated AF. Inaros is an entirely passive tank that I'm sure suits some.

3 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Excalibur Prime

(Mostly by salty people who bought his prime vault who can't admit umbra is better)

/thread tbh

Inaros and Rhino.

They are good at what they do, don’t get me wrong... but they encourage lazy gameplay imo.

Learning how to not stand directly in enemy fire is kind of important, especially when it comes to newer players... and it irks me a bit every time someone suggests Rhino. A little movement goes a long way in terms of survivability. 

No hate or whatever, just not my cup of tea. People can play however they want.

2 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Frost. Limb does his job better and gara does his job and is pretty fun.

Gara really does not do Frost's job. I hate this stereotype that all three frames in question are "press one button, sit in the center, shoot anything that tries impotently to get inside"

Limbo and Gara are both "isolate and eliminate". Frost is "area lock-down". They are not "press button to be immortal"

Nidus.  Lemme increase my boring stacks and I might be something before the match is over.

Whichever one you like most is sadly overrated. The best-designed frame is also sadly overrated, whichever one that is. The only frame that isn't overrated is Vauban, but even he is, because someone out there likes him. 

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Gara really does not do Frost's job. I hate this stereotype that all three frames in question are "press one button, sit in the center, shoot anything that tries impotently to get inside"

Limbo and Gara are both "isolate and eliminate". Frost is "area lock-down". They are not "press button to be immortal"

neither of those frames need to sit in a corner... sounds like you haven't played ether really. 

gara applies DR to teammates and her self separating her survivability from her defense ability. plus DR to teammates is nice. damage ability albeit slower setup then most is nice. not stripping status procs like frost is nice.

Limbo has multiply ways to not sit in a corner. most people use a rolling guard build when they want an active build, managing the cool down of his invulnerability from RG and his rift invulnerability which again separates his survivability from his defense ability and it enables him to set and forget his defense ability while he has fun.

frost ties his survivability to his globe (which is incredibly boring for a frame.) or ties his survivability to his ult's cc, which means you can't run a corrosive procing weapon to strip armor, and you cuck *MOST dps frames.

only merit that frost has over the other two frames is his viability in endurance runs cause of his globe's invulnerability for a few seconds. but to keep that going you need to constantly recast the ability (its not very fun.) and ivara can do that better with her ability to make a defense target invisibility to enemies.

6 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

neither of those frames need to sit in a corner... sounds like you haven't played ether really. 

-snip-

OK I'm glad you don't subscribe to the stereotype, my mistake

7 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

which means you can't run a corrosive procing weapon to strip armor, and you cuck *MOST dps frames.

And we are definitely in agreement that being unable to put procs on frozen enemies is dumb. Come on DE, fix plz

12 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

and ivara can do that better with her ability to make a defense target invisibility to enemies.

That was a glitch that has been fixed.  Before anyone says that she always could do that, no she couldn't.  😀 

Rhino, Frost. (though Frost has a few interesting non-braindead off meta options, but the way Frost is usually played as an afk. Globe spammer is overrated)

Most underrated would be probably Harrow and Banshee, pre-nerf Nyx was also good, amazing cc and survivability with disarms, it's just that almost no one knew how to use it right, i also think Hydroid is underrated, even if not top tier.

Valkyr

Mostly becouse she is noob trap for new players. While in late game with all mods and arcanes she is ok, for starters its terrible frame with low shields. The thing is that as new player you will not have any means to regenerate HP and you usualy depend on shield regen.

Inaros

Hur..dur..immortal and boring.

Loki

But i dont see him that much anymore so its fine.