Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 17 Deadline

[DE]Taylor

Tenno,

The deadline for Round 17 is here: get your submissions in before August 26th at 2pm EDT to be considered!

We will be accepting new content and factions in this round, but we understand that there might be a bit of a learning curve before creators get a feel for these new items and styles. With that said, we'll be doing our best to offer feedback to Whip, Chest Armor, or Sentient / Solaris / Ostron-styled pieces that don't get in to the Round, in addition to our regular feedback processes. 

You can also use any of the official release threads for questions and advice:

• Whip Thread: 
  • Chest Armor Thread: 
  • Factions Thread: 

===========

All creations must be submitted with the following screenshot guidelines, so we can properly judge your creation. We reserve the right to reject items without proper screenshots, due to our inability to properly review your item.

• Please make sure to include a tint breakdown. 
  • Have at least one well-lit screenshot on a 50% grey background and uncoloured lighting.
  • For Skins and Syandanas, make sure the colouring in your screenshots matches the colouring in the files you uploaded.
  • For Warframe Alt-Helmets, please be sure to match the base colours of the Warframe in your files and in one of the screenshots!
  • Make sure your screenshots are all up to date! If you have comparison shots for previous versions, please indicate which screenshots are of the current iteration -- aka the ones we should be evaluating!
  • Finally, provide both back, front and side views of your creation so we can see the whole picture. These views should not be partial -- we need to see the FULL item from all sides.

That's about it! Happy creating, Tenno! :community:

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added faction thread
  • Like 5

I can't wait to see some new chest armor.... this is what we need for so long... And we can finally cover full chest body and not hust like little bit and that's it. Just imagine male armor chest on female frame and you got yourself  gender changing or female chest armor for some skinny male frames and you got yourself new female frame.... All this is going to bee amazing.

Edited by Vlada91

Il y a 6 heures, Vlada91 a dit :

I can't wait to see some new chest armor.... this is what we need for so long... And we can finally cover full chest body and not hust like little bit and that's it. Just imagine male armor chest on female frame and you got yourself  gender changing or female chest armor for some skinny male frames and you got yourself new female frame.... All this is going to bee amazing.

I'm not sure of that.
Tennogen chest armors still remain relatively small piece on the upper torso area fitting a certain size, for both artistic and technical reasons. With the variety of warframe bodies, full chest armor would actually be a technical challenge to fit on every warframe, without considering placement + rigging on each one, while also (maybe) breaking the identity of said warframe.

• Like 1

What's up with the sudden ban on hoods and cloth? Faven's Wisp helmet was full of elements that are already commonly used in-game, a bunch of the skins are pretty hardcore fantasy, hoods are common, even in new concepts like Ash's second deluxe skin, and it was even explicitly stated that tennogen helmets for Wisp would be allowed to get rid of the scarf on the back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JorgeJoestar said:

What's up with the sudden ban on hoods and cloth? Faven's Wisp helmet was full of elements that are already commonly used in-game, a bunch of the skins are pretty hardcore fantasy, hoods are common, even in new concepts like Ash's second deluxe skin, and it was even explicitly stated that tennogen helmets for Wisp would be allowed to get rid of the scarf on the back.

I think the reason why Faven's designs and especially the Wisp helmet seem to be allowed, is because of the fact that they aren't full hoods, they are somewhat of a mix between a hat and a hood. I don't think there's been a ban on those designs choices, more of a precaution to not make them too obvious.

And as a side note, trying to point to official designs and Deluxe skins to justify how certain designs elements should be allowed in TennoGen seems a bit off to me since they have a lot differences between each other in terms of what is and isn't allowed; Deluxe skins obviously having a lot freeway with the way how the skins are created and design.

1 hour ago, JorgeJoestar said:

There is no sudden ban on hoods, but they need to fit the Faction aesthetic, and still be abstracted for Warframe. Two very hood-like items exist in the program already and are rooted in the Grineer style, which makes sense for that Faction and also fit the Warframe's theme (Nekros and Harrow). Balancing between having the semblance of clothing while keeping in the Warframe style is tricky but doable, and is something we do work with creators on as much as we can.

Any in-house made items are not beholden to TennoGen rules -- TennoGen is an external program and has its own guidelines to reflect that. Both TennoGen and our own Deluxe Skins push the boundaries of the Warframe aesthetic in different ways.

I think this comment is referring to a now-deleted Tweet. The feedback that this Tweet was referring to was not official critique offered through our structured feedback rounds and thus isn't reflective of the TennoGen team. We have cleared up this misunderstanding with the creator already.

• Like 6

On 2019-08-09 at 5:08 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

There is no sudden ban on hoods, but they need to fit the Faction aesthetic, and still be abstracted for Warframe. Two very hood-like items exist in the program already and are rooted in the Grineer style, which makes sense for that Faction and also fit the Warframe's theme (Nekros and Harrow). Balancing between having the semblance of clothing while keeping in the Warframe style is tricky but doable, and is something we do work with creators on as much as we can.

Any in-house made items are not beholden to TennoGen rules -- TennoGen is an external program and has its own guidelines to reflect that. Both TennoGen and our own Deluxe Skins push the boundaries of the Warframe aesthetic in different ways.

I think this comment is referring to a now-deleted Tweet. The feedback that this Tweet was referring to was not official critique offered through our structured feedback rounds and thus isn't reflective of the TennoGen team. We have cleared up this misunderstanding with the creator already.

That makes a lot more sense now, thanks for clearing it up.

On 2019-08-09 at 5:08 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

I don't do Tennogen anymore (was a waste of my time), heck I don't really play Warframe much at all anymore (I still check the forums and reddit, though), so I'm not impacted by any of this, but is there any particular reason why Tennogen has special rules that don't apply to in-house content? I only ask because I would think that in-house content would be the standard to which Tennogen content should be held. I don't know if you're at liberty to explain, but I'm just curious.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

IIRC Taylor said there was a "Ban" on this (if you read the Topic in the Tennogen Artiest you'll see it) but I THINK it got changed, But Taylor can correct me if she wishes

It got updated already, so it's technically allowed. But that item and those last two items in your wish list still need to be updated for the next round, which is a requirement for any item to be considered for addition.

8 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

It got updated already, so it's technically allowed. But that item and those last two items in your wish list still need to be updated for the next round, which is a requirement for any item to be considered for addition.

I do bealive they already have been

Edit: Nvm, you said "Last Two" I didn't read that

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

On 2019-08-14 at 8:11 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

IIRC Taylor said there was a "Ban" on this (if you read the Topic in the Tennogen Artiest you'll see it) but I THINK it got changed, But Taylor can correct me if she wishes

yes in the past, but with the new guidelines i think its good to go