Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Maligna skin (from Nightwave) has HUGE pixelated textures problems

Casardis

EDIT: As for patch 25.6.2, the specular maps seem fixed. However, since the diffuse maps are still low-res, I will assume it's intended and therefore, I'll keep this feedback as a criticism in hopes for better quality.

Post image

Post image

Why can't it be on par with newer items from the Nightwave, such as the Emissary armor? Heck, look at how it looks compared to infested sugatras and age-old items such as Dual Ichor and the Mucusk Syandana.

Spoiler

UWSVHB3.png  3wXflpQ.png 

d6CuCPX.png

H4BpE5e.png 

GfSZ1O0.jpg

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 3

hace 11 horas, NightmareT12 dijo:

Let's make it a bit more obvious: Maligna skin's compressed textures VS Nyx Prime's max resolution/uncompressed textures:

fXVx6I2.png

This DOES need adressing.

Damn. That hurts deeply inside my soul.

Totally agree. Please fix it. Love Tatsu, now love it even more with this skin. 

• Like 1

On 2019-08-09 at 2:41 AM, NightmareT12 said:

Yet another case of bad compression 😞

Seems to be a common problem over the years. I don't know much about skinning for games, outside of JKA/JK2, but this does seem like a rookiee mistake which often goes amiss and isn't addressed for years, even if it is rather blatant. 

@[DE]Bear fancy checking out other frames which have this issue, such as nyx referenced above? I'm fairlyFrost prime has it on his backpack which is in most cases in constant view to players... 

Edited by Valiant

4 hours ago, Valiant said:

Seems to be a common problem over the years. I don't know much about skinning for games, outside of JKA/JK2, but this does seem like a rookiee mistake which often goes amiss and isn't addressed for years, even if it is rather blatant. 

@[DE]Bear fancy checking out other frames which have this issue, such as nyx referenced above? I'm fairlyFrost prime has it on his backpack which is in most cases in constant view to players... 

Nyx Prime has the textures shipped at max resolution and have no compression. None of the frames PBR'd by Kary have.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Nyx Prime has the textures shipped at max resolution and have no compression. None of the frames PBR'd by Kary have.

Hmm could've sworn I noticed something. Maybe I'm thinking of the alternate skins. 

Well if Frost prime was pbrd by kary, its definitely got some issues. 

12 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

He doesn't really need it, what you want is for them to ship the uncompressed textures they should have 🙂

Latron Prime though...

Whatever fixes the issues I see on his backpack and various other places... We pointed this out when he had been pbrd and they were paying attention, but 🤷‍♂️

On 2019-08-14 at 10:41 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Hey folks,

Just letting you know a fix is on the way! Hold tight!

Thanks Bear! ❤️ Considering the first pass was quite disappointing (only fixing speculars), I hope the next fix actually gives the texture quality it deserves.

I assume it didn't come with yesterday's hotfix right?

Edited by Casardis

• 2 weeks later...