Jump to content
Casardis

Infested Maligna skin (from Nightwave) has HUGE pixelated textures problems

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

EDIT: As for patch 25.6.2, the specular maps seem fixed. However, since the diffuse maps are still low-res, I will assume it's intended and therefore, I'll keep this feedback as a criticism in hopes for better quality.

Post image

Post image

Why can't it be on par with newer items from the Nightwave, such as the Emissary armor? Heck, look at how it looks compared to infested sugatras and age-old items such as Dual Ichor and the Mucusk Syandana.

Spoiler

UWSVHB3.png  3wXflpQ.png 

d6CuCPX.png

H4BpE5e.png 

GfSZ1O0.jpg

 

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated the topic to give my thoughts on the latest fix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Looks fine to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's make it a bit more obvious: Maligna skin's compressed textures VS Nyx Prime's max resolution/uncompressed textures:

fXVx6I2.png

This DOES need adressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Let's make it a bit more obvious: Maligna skin's compressed textures VS Nyx Prime's max resolution/uncompressed textures:

What part of the *Grandma Discovers Computers* meme do you not understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -QUILL_PETER- said:

What part of the *Grandma Discovers Computers* meme do you not understand?

What are you talking about, that's my daughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 11 horas, NightmareT12 dijo:

Let's make it a bit more obvious: Maligna skin's compressed textures VS Nyx Prime's max resolution/uncompressed textures:

fXVx6I2.png

This DOES need adressing.

Damn. That hurts deeply inside my soul.

Totally agree. Please fix it. Love Tatsu, now love it even more with this skin. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks,

Just letting you know a fix is on the way! Hold tight!

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey folks,

Just letting you know a fix is on the way! Hold tight!

Awesome, thanks! Do you know if something similar can be expected for Wukong Prime? I mean, look at the jagginess on those emissives and the squary look on the torso 😧

eLnRDYG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if that is also getting addressed, but thanks for letting me know!

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-09 at 2:41 AM, NightmareT12 said:

Yet another case of bad compression 😞

Seems to be a common problem over the years. I don't know much about skinning for games, outside of JKA/JK2, but this does seem like a rookiee mistake which often goes amiss and isn't addressed for years, even if it is rather blatant. 

 

@[DE]Bear fancy checking out other frames which have this issue, such as nyx referenced above? I'm fairlyFrost prime has it on his backpack which is in most cases in constant view to players... 

Edited by Valiant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Valiant said:

Seems to be a common problem over the years. I don't know much about skinning for games, outside of JKA/JK2, but this does seem like a rookiee mistake which often goes amiss and isn't addressed for years, even if it is rather blatant. 

 

@[DE]Bear fancy checking out other frames which have this issue, such as nyx referenced above? I'm fairlyFrost prime has it on his backpack which is in most cases in constant view to players... 

Nyx Prime has the textures shipped at max resolution and have no compression. None of the frames PBR'd by Kary have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Nyx Prime has the textures shipped at max resolution and have no compression. None of the frames PBR'd by Kary have.

Hmm could've sworn I noticed something. Maybe I'm thinking of the alternate skins. 

Well if Frost prime was pbrd by kary, its definitely got some issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Hmm could've sworn I noticed something. Maybe I'm thinking of the alternate skins. 

Well if Frost prime was pbrd by kary, its definitely got some issues. 

Frost wasn't, he was done by Mynki on the Second Dream update I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Frost wasn't, he was done by Mynki on the Second Dream update I believe.

Great...

*waves flag for second pbr pass*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Great...

*waves flag for second pbr pass*

He doesn't really need it, what you want is for them to ship the uncompressed textures they should have 🙂

Latron Prime though...

Edited by NightmareT12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

He doesn't really need it, what you want is for them to ship the uncompressed textures they should have 🙂

Latron Prime though...

Whatever fixes the issues I see on his backpack and various other places... We pointed this out when he had been pbrd and they were paying attention, but 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-14 at 10:41 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Hey folks,

Just letting you know a fix is on the way! Hold tight!

Thanks Bear! ❤️ Considering the first pass was quite disappointing (only fixing speculars), I hope the next fix actually gives the texture quality it deserves.

I assume it didn't come with yesterday's hotfix right?

Edited by Casardis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this on the Devstream. Seems like a sneak peek of the updated textures, at least the updated normal maps (which can already do a lot to change the perception of the texture quality):

ECHJ_3IW4AAnykz?format=jpg&name=small

VS

ECHLwPzWkAIFQ_K?format=jpg&name=small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...