Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Issue

Horizonns

Question

Hey guys, I just completed my mastery rank 6 test and I am currently working towards mastery 7. I got all the way to 7,411 XP away from mastery 7 test, and now I am not earning any more xp.

I have been going back and forth between weapons all week to get to the point I am at now and all of a sudden it is seemingly time locking my xp gains? I'm rather new to the game so I don't really understand what could be causing such an issue but I definitely will put the game down for the day if it is a 24 hour time lock scenario - sucks because I have an affinity booster and resource booster right now but I refuse to play with no mastery gain. Any ideas or explanations as to why this issue is now happening will be greatly appreciated. I already missed out on about 7k worth of mastery xp and I don't want to miss out on anymore. 

Thanks Warframe community in advance

16 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Horizonns said:

I have been going back and forth between weapons all week to get to the point I am at now and all of a sudden it is seemingly time locking my xp gains?

You have to use previously un-maxed gear. You do not get mastery points for just using the same gear.

For example, use these, or any greyed out items:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by krc473

Just now, krc473 said:

You have to use previously un-maxed gear. You do not get mastery points for just using the same gear.

So how can we explain the fact that I've used the mk1-bo and the lato pistol upwards of 4 times and have received xp gains for those weapons. I never used them back to back tho after maxing I would switch off to something else then come back to it later. My friend who is mastery 7 has maxed the mk1-bo over 15 times. That answer doesn't satisfy me completely I hope you can understand. 

Just now, Horizonns said:

So how can we explain the fact that I've used the mk1-bo and the lato pistol upwards of 4 times and have received xp gains for those weapons.

Because you are either failing to provide all the information, or failing to understand what I am saying.

You can rank up weapons over and over, as many times as you like. That gives you weapon affinity. That is not what you are looking for. You gain Mastery Experience for leveling unused items.

• 200 per level on Frames/Archwings etc
  • 100 per level on Weapons.

This is awarded once per level, per item. You will not receive it a second time.

You can max the same item 100 times, it will still only give you 3,000/6,000 (type dependent) Mastery Experience. Maxing it once gives you all the Mastery Experience, each subsequent time is done 'for your enjoyment only' or to Forma the item.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Horizonns said:

So how can we explain the fact that I've used the mk1-bo and the lato pistol upwards of 4 times and have received xp gains for those weapons. I never used them back to back tho after maxing I would switch off to something else then come back to it later. My friend who is mastery 7 has maxed the mk1-bo over 15 times. That answer doesn't satisfy me completely I hope you can understand. 

Your friend very likely had another weapon equipped which was leveling at the same time as his MK1-Bo.

You can check in your profile: you gain 100 Mastery Points for each weapon level and 200 for each Warframe level. But for sure you don't gain any Mastery Points from an already-maxed weapon.

7 minutes ago, Horizonns said:

So how can we explain the fact that I've used the mk1-bo and the lato pistol upwards of 4 times and have received xp gains for those weapons.

Used up to four times - are you saying that you re-leveled those two weapons (to max rank 30) 4 times ?

2 minutes ago, Rubbertubtub01 said:

When you say he's maxed it 15 times... Do you mean it's rank 15 or he's put 15 forma into it. 

I think they just mean they bought it 15 times.

Judging by this statement :

4 minutes ago, Phuc-Phat-King-Kong said:

I've continuously swapped between the same 3 starting weapons (LATO, MK1-BO, MK1-Bratton)

Which is false. You cannot gain more mastery from the same weapon. 

3 minutes ago, Phuc-Phat-King-Kong said:

Hell yeah dude I put 15 forma into a MK1-BO. No dude, I maxed it to level 30, sold it, repurchased it, and then leveled it again.

Stop wasting your time. You have maxed, and partially leveled more things than @Horizonns. This is why you are at the Exp cap for MR7. It has absolutely nothing to do with you maxing the same item over and over again. 

7 minutes ago, Phuc-Phat-King-Kong said:

As his level 7 MR friend, I can confirm I've continuously swapped between the same 3 starting weapons (LATO, MK1-BO, MK1-Bratton), and I have never hit an XP cap. In fact, I am just about to hit MR8.

You can state this, but we can see in your profile this is not the case. You have leveled more things, that is why you have more MR exp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horizonns said:

Yep that is how I've gotten to MR 6 thus far + a few other weapons in the mix.

2 minutes ago, Phuc-Phat-King-Kong said:

Hell yeah dude I put 15 forma into a MK1-BO. No dude, I maxed it to level 30, sold it, repurchased it, and then leveled it again.

Just to be sure, are you aware that you can get XP from progressing through the star chart (doing missions you haven't done)?

• Like 2

hace 2 horas, Phuc-Phat-King-Kong dijo:

Go to your profile .... and see all the things you master ...

Its sad that people reach mr 7 being so clueless about even basic mechanics works ....

As others have stated above, you guys are simply not understanding how mastery rank affinity is earned. You can say as many times as you want that you are getting affinity on the same weapon multiple times, but that's just not the way the game works.

I started playing on july 9th and I'm almost MR16 now. 

What I've done so far was reaching Neptune and max ranking every warframe, weapon and companion I could get my hands on. Also, since I got 75% discounts on platinum, I was able to buy whatever primed variant blueprints I felt like I wanted/needed (mainly vaulted ones is my goal) to keep gaining that exp and have improved versions of them.

• Like 2