Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy fix for Augments

HAYABU5A

just make them exilus slot compatible, probably been suggested a million times before but let us reiterate at this more relevant time

it is so obvious and simple, alleviating many issues for just a minimal adjustment

• u still need an adapter if u want access (gate)
  • u still must sacrifice something; range, power, utility
  • vast majority of augs offer very little in terms power, mostly it is all utility or gameplay preference (the very definition of exilus) eg; rhinos iron shrapnel - players dont take it for the aoe dmg they take it just for the refresh
  • it would actually encourage more teamplay / teamwork (always a good thing)
  • alot of people will have to reforma (min-max builds post umbra) to use them anyways

50 minutes ago, HAYABU5A said:

it would actually encourage more teamplay / teamwork (always a good thing)

Really? Can you explain this?

I think the easiest solution is to add an 'Augment Slot'. Give us some new adapter for it too - can sell it for platinum. Just let it take any one augment for that frame. 

• If DE allow us to use Augments in the Exilus slot people will ask for other things to be added. 
51 minutes ago, HAYABU5A said:

eg; rhinos iron shrapnel - players dont take it for the aoe dmg they take it just for the refresh

Could I build this to do damage if I wanted to? Sure, it can refresh too, but what if I want just the damage? Does this really qualify as 'utility'?

• I would have no issue with DE letting us do this though. 

I'd love if we got a free Augment slot every 10 MR, or something. (My Exilus slot is already in use, so bleh to that.)
Augments aren't really that amazing for the most part, many of them are bandaids / should be part of the base ability
("Augments" like Everlasting Ward are just baffling, and why does Rhino need an Augment to recast Roar while active, just why).

Like, take Nekros, imagine if he didn't have to use up multiple slots for Augments,
he'd be a better tank / support Frame, oh noes how OP, when that Saryn next to him can just empty the map on her own 😛

how about making it like focus tree progression thing, consider it as Frame Mastery. You given a choice which augments you want to take, but the more augment u activate, the lesser the augment's effect

for example, Oberon. If u active both Hallowed Ground's Augment and Smite's Augment, it loses 25% of it max rank effect, making HG has 75% increase duration and status chance instead of 100% and smite having area of 11.3m instead of 15m

of course if use all 4 augments will revert the abilities to its original and you will only have the QoL abilities, like hold smite to proc the radiation buff only to yourself, HG with ability to turn off the carpet after applying it with Strength mods influenced dmg and status and Duration influenced mod

This is the only thing i can think of right now since I dont have the full Augments, for Oberon at least. I wish he could be treated soon enough, hes a Broframe afterall.

Edited by AriaSTG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Y'all seem to forget what an augment mod is supposed to do.

Well, enlighten us then.

Are Augments supposed to add simple functions to old Frames that newer ones just have innately / better versions of,
do they exist to nerf / remove parts of the base ability because using up a Mod slot is of course not costly enough,
maybe you want to put them into your build to have a useless bit of fluff for the lulz, or ...

Having (some) more freedom to play around with Augments would actually make a bunch of them see use rather than collect dust, utterly forgotten.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb NinjaZeku:

Augments aren't really that amazing for the most part, many of them are bandaids / should be part of the base ability

So, just because some augments are not good we need a slot for them?
But what's with the good augments? Did they deserve to get into the Augments slot, if they are worth replacing a mod out of 8 ?
So we need to make those good Augments bad, to keep a certain balance?

and why does Rhino need an Augment to recast Roar while active, just why

(I guess you mean Iron Skin)
Refreshing abilies befor they run out is very usefull?
This in the case Iron Skin it grants a higher survivability, more control?

Like, take Nekros, imagine if he didn't have to use up multiple slots for Augments,
he'd be a better tank / support Frame, oh noes how OP, when that Saryn next to him can just empty the map on her own 😛

Nekros "needs" multiple Augments?
1. Soul Surviver
Isn't mandetory at all, it's a nice utility and in combination with Despoil it makes you a great support (in theory - if this would be a char in any MMORPG this would be such a damn great Support, but we are Demi-Gods in Warframe.)
But how often people die in Warframe? You can still revieve them the normal Way, we can stand up 4 times on our own + 2 times with aracans.
It's cool but not really needed in the game - actually it would have been useful in the old day of warframe, where you had a limited amount of revives per warframe for the whole day
2. Creepy Terrify
A nice touch for CC, not needed at all, especially not in combination with other Augments.
This Augment opens up a playstyle on it's own, so it turns into a slow-motion duckhunt.
3. Despoil
Very usefull, but not a must have (i still run my Nec on energy, withou any problems).
It eases up the energy economy for your other abilities, so it "synergizes with all other abilities (and logically with their augments)
4. Shield of Shadows
Great for Survivability - Basically the only augment i would call "needed" against higher lvl enemies.

I assume, that you mean Despoil and SoS by those multiple "needed" Augments.
Yeah - if you wanna have those good aspects you sarifice other aspects... like some duration, or power, or health or energy.
Also, if you go for Despoil, you can take away Flow, since your energy management got better.
If you use SoS, you can take away HP mods, since you won't get that much DMG.

This asking for more and more augments is like asking for a second Armor Slot in other MMOs.
So a Augment slot isn't needed.
But being able to put Augments into the Exilus slot, would be a great addition - you change one utility for the other utility.

Edited by Somi_xD

13 minutes ago, Somi_xD said:

Most aren't really worth using up a slot for, so while we don't need free slots or whatever, that'd be one way to make me actually use them.

Of course, turning all those meh Augments into truly gameplay-augmenting wonders would be 10000000% better, but ... oh well.

17 minutes ago, Somi_xD said:

But what's with the good augments?

There's decent ones, of course, but I don't really think getting those "for free" would break the game or anything.

Just because, could you list some Augments you'd say would be OP if they didn't use up one of your main 8 slots, and why?

19 minutes ago, Somi_xD said:

(I guess you mean Iron Skin)

No, I mean Roar, see the change to its Augment, and other buffs that need to run out before you get another chance to hit your allies with it.
It's about consistency, why is e.g. Speed re-castable while active, but Roar and Warcry aren't,
to say nothing of abilities that extend their duration beyond the original on recast, like Penance / Benevolent Decoy.

And even for Iron Skin this still holds true, you can e.g. refresh Desolate Hands or Mesmer Skin no prob, so again, consistency please.

26 minutes ago, Somi_xD said:

Nekros "needs" multiple Augments?

I meant "need" as in, it's a very, very good idea and a huge boon to his combat prowess to use Augments.
(Not least, base Terrify is horrible since it makes enemies run away, urgh I hate that type of "CC" in all games I've encountered it in.)

But then you also kind of made my previous point for me, his Augments are easily among the most must-have ones in the game,
but they're still not game-breakingly mandatory so .. yeah, it shouldn't be a big deal to get one or two of them without a main Mod slot sacrifice.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb NinjaZeku:

There's decent ones, of course, but I don't really think getting those "for free" would break the game or anything.

Just because, could you list some Augments you'd say would be OP if they didn't use up one of your main 8 slots, and why?

Never said, that Augments would make it OP with an Augment Slot, and that's not the point at all.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Somi_xD:

But what's with the good augments? Did they deserve to get into the Augments slot, if they are worth replacing a mod out of 8 ?
So we need to make those good Augments bad, to keep a certain balance?

People who argue for an Augment slot bring up, that it isn't worth to replace a Mod from the 8 Main slots.
But then they say, there are still mods, that are good enough, that they want to use them.

And then i gave you examples on which augment can replace which other augments and why they can - just read what i wrote about Nekros Augments (i won't copy that)

No, I mean Roar, see the change to its Augment, and other buffs that need to run out before you get another chance to hit your allies with it.
It's about consistency, why is e.g. Speed re-castable while active, but Roar and Warcry aren't,
to say nothing of abilities that extend their duration beyond the original on recast, like Penance / Benevolent Decoy.

And even for Iron Skin this still holds true, you can e.g. refresh Desolate Hands or Mesmer Skin no prob, so again, consistency please.

Ah, yeah sorry - didn't saw the Augment change for Roar, or didn't paid attention to it xD.
I know what you mean, and i considered this as well.
As an Ash Main, i know how it feels to not be able to recast my short Invisibility while a certain Music Frame overshadows his Smoke Screen+ Augment so hard (it can be refreshed any time, team can get it when they want so i don't need to run after them and the duration is nearly double.

But my point still stands - refreshing abilities is a valid point to consider replacing a main mod for the Augment.
Yeah - ask DE for consistency, that's not my fault.
This still isn't an argument for an Augment Slot.

I meant "need" as in, it's a very, very good idea and a huge boon to his combat prowess to use Augments.

Yeah, than it shouldn't be a problem to sacrifice one, maaaaybe 2 out of the 8 main slots.

But then you also kind of made my previous point for me, his Augments are easily among the most must-have ones in the game,
but they're still not game-breakingly mandatory so .. yeah, it shouldn't be a big deal to get one or two of them without a main Mod slot sacrifice.

Ash has also Fatal Teleport (which i think should be in the default ability, at least the auto-attack, not the energy economy and dmg+) And Seeking Shuriken.
They are good, so it's worth to replace flow, or vitalilty on my Ash for it.

Again, it's not about game-breaking (since the game is already broken)
But it's about a certain balance in terms of modding, build variaty.
If your only difference will be the Augment in the Augment slot, it will take away the purpose modding, because it's already leaning towards that direction.
Also i guess DE still wants and tries to balance the game out, so why should they add something that works against it.

Sure, i wouldn't complain if DE adds it, if they really think that would be the right way... but well.

Edited by Somi_xD

I think we don't need these augments as mods. In some RPGs we can upgrade abilities of a character by using them a lot (or to get an access to upgrade it). So, DE can make something like that in Warframe, but a bit accurate. You must prove yourself to deserve an upgraded ability.

There are many variants:

Forma-like augmentation without the mod conception

After your Warframe reached max ability rank, you can merge an augmentation with Warframe, but your rank will be reset. There won't be any penalties to your regular mods capacity. You can do it with all augments for specified Warframes.

Augment Forma

So, we got Umbral Formas. So we can do the same with the augments. Imagine you can put two mods in a single slot. That'll do Augment Forma. Everyone is talking about the additional slot, but they even didn't gaze the interface. There's no place to put a slot. Just put two in one. Capacity will be reduced to half both for augment and a mod. (then ppl will be crying for additional capacity or special "primed reactor" lol)

Put these Formas in sorties. It'd be good solution.

Abilities Experience/Prove Yourself

Each Warframe ability has experience and 4 levels (0/1/2/3). After reaching max rank of Warframe, abilities can gain EXP when using them. All actions with Warframe rank will down all EXP to zero.

----

Conclusion

Augments mustn't be mods, I disapprove it. This mechanics sucks. I don't use them often, but sometimes I forced to, because an ability of my Warframe bad and has no functionality. There could be many interesting things with augments. Anyway, I hope DE will change their point. There is much to discuss.

Edited by _GoodLuck_