Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Volt a more interesting nuker

InfinitusPhoenix

Volt nuke build is boring and underwhelming.

It's just spamming 4 over and over again. And his 4 is slow af.

Atleast with Saryn I can move around and her abilities connect smoothly with each other (1, 3 and 4 for damage and 2 for self heal with augment mod), so I can have fun with her.

But nuke Volt is just 1 ability (maybe sometimes also 2) and is too boring to play.

Not to mention the ability itself is not even hitting that hard.

Make his 1 tied to his 4. Like with Saryn.

His 1 will make electricity spreading from enemy to enemy, slowly killing them and his 4 will buff his 1.

His 1 is useless anyway (can be used just to stun 1 enemy at a time).

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Volt nuke build is boring and underwhelming.

I find it works pretty well. Perhaps you need to change your build?

12 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

His 1 will make electricity spreading from enemy to enemy, slowly killing them and his 4 will buff his 1.

Why? His four does this, without the buff as is. What is the point in a rework when it shifts the function from one ability to another?

Playing a Nuke frame in Warframe is boring regardless. If you don't like that, play a different frame. Sure, others have some synergy between their abilities, but does that really make them fun/enjoyable to use? I don't think so, because you are spamming abilities regardless.

• Like 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lutesque:

All Nuke's are Boring.... I'd rather he didn't have that ability to begin with...

vor 21 Minuten schrieb DeathDweller:

Volt isn't a nuke, he is a multitool.

This.

Just reintroduce the damage cap on discharge (and fix the calculation) and he'll be back to being recognized (and scoffed at by philistines) as such. 🙂

Also his one is one of the best in the game (while not being broken like spores).

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

All Nuke's are Boring.... I'd rather he didn't have that ability to begin with....

And who is not boring?

Tanks and support roles are way more boring than nukes + they are useless because every frame can be tanky/survivible and have a lot of energy

3 hours ago, kgabor said:

I see someone didn't mod for range.

But yeah, it's a boring nuke. (though the visuals are more satisfying than other nukes)

I have him at max range

His 4 still slow af.

Other nukers will kill all the enemies before Volt's slow electricity will do anything.

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Why? His four does this, without the buff as is. What is the point in a rework when it shifts the function from one ability to another?

His 1 is useless. So why not reworking it and improving his 4?

4 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

And who is not boring?

Tanks and support roles are way more boring than nukes + they are useless because every frame can be tanky/survivible and have a lot of energy

I have him at max range

His 4 still slow af.

Other nukers will kill all the enemies before Volt's slow electricity will do anything.

His 1 is useless. So why not reworking it and improving his 4?

That's why you should get ahead while playing Volt and nuking, usually you don't even need to abuse Speed for that.

I basically only ever use Discharge Volt in fissures, seems the fastest way to complete them plus you don't get others nuking before you get there because you already triggered the corrupted spawns.

And the electricity chains between several rooms anyways.

Volt's 1 is a cheap stun, useful with projectile weapons while taking out targets at a range or can be a really cheap but effective buff with the augment. (i normally don't use it, but it can be useful for Eidolon hunts f.ex.)

I find supports the most fun and some of the more balanced kinds of frames, especially Harrow and Banshee.

You can count Volt as a support too, Nyx was also fun, or you can use melee Trinity and use it for dps with Link, EV and channeling.

Support is for the cases you can compensate your frame's disadvantages with skills and provide more benefits to teammates thus make an overall stronger team (or you can prefer them for solo play even), it's just unneeded because almost all content in this game is too easy.

36 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

And who is not boring?

At least tanks and support have to go get their kills "manually" , there's an actual reason they have a load out. 

They're not just "stand there and press 1 button". 

There's no other way around it, they're objectively keeping you more engaged in playing the game than a nuker would ever be able to.

Plus, most of them are still very sensible to 1 hit kill mechanics just as a nuker is, so it's not like you can stand there and forget about the game (at a reasonable enemy level, obviously). 

Slightly better than your other threads I guess.

How I'd do it is lean into his passive - have him 'charge' his abilities through movement and conventional combat. Sure, he can use his abilities whenever, but having juice in his batteries powers them up. It should take a couple of minutes to fully charge which at that point should surpass his current nuke potential, but his baseline amount is basically a few sparks, and hitting his 4 drains his whole charge.

Jolt could have a similar build up, but only drains a 20-25% ish making it a more 'Oh S-' button or for directional damage - similar to in the trailer. It could also possibly fuel his speed and shield instead of energy, but at a fairly high conversion rate. Basically a similar gameplay loop in concept to Nidus, but ramped up in terms of ease of gain and ease of losing the charge. And it doesn't protect him from dying.

it is strange how in a world with iconic Lightning Powered Characters like Thor, Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars and the protagonists of the Infamous games, that Volt still doesn't have that UNLIMITED POWAAAAH lightning. that IMO would be an ideal replacement for his one: constant energy drain over time, emitting Lightning that deals high electric damage and guaranteed status chance while chaining between enemies. Volt's description claims he is an "Alternative to gunplay". he isn't, but he could be with this; why use guns and worry about Ammo when you can just electrify crowds in an instant?

I put him on for the nightwave challenge and took him to Hydron. Figured someone should get some benefit out of it. 

A syndicate death squad showed up for someone, it was the infested chargers and wouldn't you know they were centered about the objective, the same place that the regular enemies were all heading towards. And I was standing in the middle of it all. The sheer enemy density meant that there were little lightning bolts everywhere. Everything sizzled in place. 

It was not underwhelming at all. 

But really it sounds like OP just hasn't modded him up yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)DidacoJack said:

At least tanks and support have to go get their kills "manually" , there's an actual reason they have a load out. 

They're not just "stand there and press 1 button". 

There's no other way around it, they're objectively keeping you more engaged in playing the game than a nuker would ever be able to.

Plus, most of them are still very sensible to 1 hit kill mechanics just as a nuker is, so it's not like you can stand there and forget about the game (at a reasonable enemy level, obviously). 

Lol. You just use your weapons more.

What "manually" kills, lmao?

Let's take Rhino for example.

Stomp and then use aoe primary or melee weapon. That's it. Same process as nukers with their use of 1-2 abilities.

There's a reason for nukers loadout too. To nuke.

Your logic makes no sense at all.

Let's take Saryn for example.

She uses a whole 3 abilities to nuke and 1 ability for survivability.

And she always moves around.

Already more than dumb Rhino who just spams 4 with ocassional replenishment of his iron skin (with augment).

Maybe uses 1 once in a while to buff his armor (augment).

And presses his 3 once in a minute for damage buff.

2 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Lol. You just use your weapons more.

What "manually" kills, lmao?

Let's take Rhino for example.

Stomp and then use aoe primary or melee weapon. That's it. Same process as nukers with their use of 1-2 abilities.

There's a reason for nukers loadout too. To nuke.

Your logic makes no sense at all.

Let's take Saryn for example.

She uses a whole 3 abilities to nuke and 1 ability for survivability.

And she always moves around.

Already more than dumb Rhino who just spams 4 with ocassional replenishment of his iron skin (with augment).

Maybe uses 1 once in a while to buff his armor (augment).

And presses his 3 once in a minute for damage buff.

By manually I meant that you have to move-aim-shoot-melee, just what any other shooter's wants you to do.

You said it yourself in this post: they just use their weapon more. It s exactly what I mean.

After Rhino gets his ability going he has to go for his kills counting on his load out. 

With nukers that need is MUCH less requested since there a relatively huge AoE doing that work for you.

If you move that much with Saryn is because you want to (maybe because you're getting bored?). 

Of course we could stand here talking about every single case that 40 frames can bring to the table just to find the logic flaw that my four sentences post delivers, or we could just assume that AoE skills (especially in this game, that has little to no regards on damage balance) hit more and kill more enemies much better than a pinpoint accurate weapon does. 

It's not rocket science. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DidacoJack said:

By manually I meant that you have to move-aim-shoot-melee, just what any other shooter's wants you to do.

You said it yourself in this post: they just use their weapon more. It s exactly what I mean.

After Rhino gets his ability going he has to go for his kills counting on his load out. 

With nukers that need is MUCH less requested since there a relatively huge AoE doing that work for you.

If you move that much with Saryn is because you want to (maybe because you're getting bored?). 

Of course we could stand here talking about every single case that 40 frames can bring to the table just to find the logic flaw that my four sentences post delivers, or we could just assume that AoE skills (especially in this game, that has little to no regards on damage balance) hit more and kill more enemies much better than a pinpoint accurate weapon does. 

It's not rocket science. 

This game requires no aim. Especially melee 

Unless you use Vectis.

It's as braindead as just using abilities.

You need to move around with Saryn a lot to spread spores all over the map for max damage.

10 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

This game requires no aim. Especially melee 

Unless you use Vectis.

It's as braindead as just using abilities.

You need to move around with Saryn a lot to spread spores all over the map for max damage.

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. 

I would add, this game doesn't require aiming because of how prominent AoE damage is. And nukers are part of the problem.

Do a mission with a bow and furax and tell me you don't have to aim. 

If in a shooter I don't have to aim and what I'm left with is just jumping around pressing 2 keys once in a while, then I don't know how else I could describe it if not with "boring and not engaging". 

Edited by (PS4)DidacoJack
I forget words lel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)DidacoJack said:

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. 

I would add, this game doesn't require because of how prominent AoE damage is. And nukers are part of the problem.

Do a mission with a bow and furax and tell me you don't have to aim. 

If in a shooter I don't have to aim and what I'm left with is just jumping around pressing 2 keys once in a while, then I don't know how else I could describe it if not with "boring and not engaging". 

That's why Volt is a super boring nuke.

But Saryn can be fun. Her 1 is replacing primary weapon for me, her 3 makes you using your melee and 4 just buffs the entire process.

While 2 is for survivability. So she is the only nuker I can enjoy.

Bows also require barely any aim compared to other shooter games.

Unless you want to headshot every single enemy.

Enemy models are very tall and wide, so it's actually hard to miss with a bow. Plus, you can even hit the enemy in a toe and kill him.

The game is a casual fest with 0 challenge.

11 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

That's why Volt is a super boring nuke.

But Saryn can be fun. Her 1 is replacing primary weapon for me, her 3 makes you using your melee and 4 just buffs the entire process.

While 2 is for survivability. So she is the only nuker I can enjoy.

Bows also require barely any aim compared to other shooter games.

Unless you want to headshot every single enemy.

Enemy models are very tall and wide, so it's actually hard to miss with a bow. Plus, you can even hit the enemy in a toe and kill him.

The game is a casual fest with 0 challenge.

I agree on almost everything but Saryn and bows. 

As long as they are pinpoint accurate, bows (any weapon really) are literally the same thing as in other games: hover the center of the reticle on the enemy hitbox and fire.

Not every enemy is tall and large. I just refuse to hit Scorpions running sideways from me with my Daikyu. Or drones with their lateral dodge. Or ratels. Or those infested spheric things crawling on the ground. Etc.

The game does require aiming. It's just that there are so many AoE weapons that all other items are irrelevant 99% of the time.

Super agree on the last sentence.

@WoodedSkate89 That's what I do. As soon as I acknowledge that a frame is a nuke, it immediately loses my interest. 

• Like 1

I was always against nuking whole maps. Volt and Saryn should be changed to not do that, Equinox is not that problematic since she has to work for it a bit. Make their AoE limited by walls and you can hook them up with more dmg, heals, built in augment (volt), anything. Yes they are handy when you want to lvl up something or someone. The problem is they leave others no choice and to be fair its kinda boring to just stand and wait for exp, you could go afk at this point.

• Like 1

Nukers are just like dps characters in mmos.

It's dumb to complain about them. If someone plays a support frame he could go afk either way because no frame needs support with the current level of things.

Also, top tier aoe weapons can make any frame a pseudo nuker.

I owned tons of nukers with just my Loki Prime and 5 formas Amprex.

Edited by InfinitusPhoenix
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

It's dumb to complain about them. If someone plays a support frame he could go afk either way because no frame needs support with the current level of things.

At least there is a balance in most standard mmos, here it is MOAR DAMAGE OR GTFO.

It is sometimes pretty discouraging to be useless because one person is doing all the work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Also, top tier aoe weapons can make any frame a pseudo nuker.

I owned tons of nukers with just my Loki Prime and 5 formas Amprex.

Says its dumb to complain about nukers, but then complains about/ calls essentially all other roles useless in other posts/threads.  Hmmmmmmmmm......

• Like 1