Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Volt a more interesting nuker

InfinitusPhoenix

18 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Volt and equinox are fine the way they are. Volt nukes drops off over time and equinox has to keep working for it. Would talk saryn but I think everyone has seen me whine on another thread. 

ironically those are the two nukers that I have issues with. Volt can't be built to optimize more then one ability at a time. Equinox has the issue of night form needing the opposite stats of day form and not having separate modding for each form forces a player to only effectively use half the frame.

If we're talking about working for a nuke. Imo keeping los with mesa, or keeping spores active as saryn require more effort then killing a single enemy as equinox.

1 minute ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

But if enemies far from each other then Volt's 4 is a joke.

When was the last time you've seen enemies far from each other?

Their main method of transportation is through a lemming train.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

In every mission there's a stack of enemies that are close near each other and there are enemies that are far from each other.

High range solves that issue. Volt is super good in ESO for a reason. 

23 minutes ago, kuciol said:

High range solves that issue. Volt is super good in ESO for a reason. 

High range just kills multiple stacks of enemies close to each other

It will barely affect enemies that are far from each other

Volt can't nuke the entire map like Saryn or Equinox with only his abilities

9 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Depends on a map, for ESO he is one of the best. I dont really care that for anything else not so much, it shouldnt be a thing at all.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-09 at 1:50 AM, kgabor said:

I see someone didn't mod for range.

But yeah, it's a boring nuke. (though the visuals are more satisfying than other nukes)

1.  Volt is a weapon Augment frame with tactical value.  Always has been.  Despite his misleading description for beginners.  Need Proof ?

1.  Shock (1)is a “one-handed action” that stuns and acts as a stealth reload (reload still occurs while casting).  It also electrifies shields for an added effect.

His passive adds up to 1K damage to attacks, btw.

2.  His speed (2) boost affects reload speeds and movement AND attack speed for melee.  Shocking Speed Augment.

3.  His shield (3) adds electrical damage AND Crit to weapons fires through it.  It can be picked up as a RIOT SHIELD and used with a secondary.  Transistor Shield Augment.

4.  The best way to use his 4 is stun-lock targets, especially heavily armored ones, because armor mitigated “tick” damage and extends the stun effect up to 8 seconds.  Since you brought it up, it also works beautifully to help ramp Saryn’s spore count.

Capacitance Augment Mod:  This mood continuously replenishes Overshields to the entire squad as Discharge shocks enemies.

Ironically, I find Saryn having to repeatedly target enemies and spam spores to be monotonous and tedious. Strong? Yes.  Fun?  Ehhhh....

With Volt, once you cast his 4, IT’s TIME TO GO TO WORK WITH EVERYTHING IN HIS ARSENSAL.

One final note (and just my opinion): Mod Library Maturity And rank, Forma, and Volt’s Prime variant seem to have a much GREATER impact on his kit than other frames.  The jump is more pronounced.

He gets stronger at a faster rate than other frames as you build your power base through the “shooter-looter” mechanics of the game.

fin

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

10 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Ah, a prime specimen of OPus Ignoramus in the wild, posting a thread suggesting changes to something they don't understand.

Lol, go easy my electrified Comrad.  He’s charged up, but rather than trip his breaker, show him how proper Amperage will surge him on as to Watt he needs to do to avoid being grounded. Ok, I’m done.  I’ve PUNished you enough.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Lol, go easy my electrified Comrad.  He’s charged up, but rather than trip his breaker, show him how proper Amperage will surge him on as to Watt he needs to do to avoid being grounded. Ok, I’m done.  I’ve PUNished you enough.

Continue and you shall meet stiff resistance...

2 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Then play saryn or equinox, use volt for mastery fodder?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Use Capacitance and go to work with the rest of his kit after casting Discharge, then.  

Don’t worry about how close or far apart enemies are or how his Nuke rates vs Equinox or Saryn.

I know how to use Discharge and the augment. (still a pretty boring ability though, the nuke playstyle isn't my thing unless i'm farming)

You might want to tell this to OP though as he's missing something. (or more likely trolling)

7 hours ago, kgabor said:

I know how to use Discharge and the augment. (still a pretty boring ability though, the nuke playstyle isn't my thing unless i'm farming)

You might want to tell this to OP though as he's missing something. (or more likely trolling)

I should have been clear:

Yes, it was essentially a response meant for OP’s complaint.

Volt doesn't need much strength, the reload speed buff is noticeable at 100% strength as is the attack speed, in fact, the only reason you need strength on his build at all is if you want to go fast with his 2, get about 140-150% strength and you're plenty fast and won't piss off your teammates with a 300% strength build.

Duration has a positive effect on his build but isn't necessary, don't negative it much but you don't need to increase it either, speed is cheap and lasts long enough, his shields also last for plenty long. 4 also lasts long enough and most of the damage is frontloaded anyway when the initial tesla coils activate and hit everyone.

Efficiency is, like almost always, down to personal playstyle, if you're a nuker though you need some of that to recast his 4 often enough to even out with your Zenurik that you almost assuredly have, keeping your energy at a constant even level.

Range is everything on Volt. Positive effect on 1, however minor, 2 can buff more allies (Keep that strength managed) 3 doesn't care about any stat but duration and 4 has a direct correlation of range to damage output. 90% of the damage his 4 does is from those coils, the more range you have, the more of those coils are hitting everyone and the larger an area can be to qualify as a group hitting them. The difference between 265% range and 280% is actually quite large, though 265% is no slouch either.

The only annoying thing about his 4 is that it almost always leaves the strongest individual in the area alive, though usually at half or less health. They are cc'd though so just shoot them. That's why running him on Defense is somewhat awkward if you build too much duration alongside that range, somewhere on the map is a few units that are just sitting them stunned and you either have to wait the extra 10-15 seconds for them to stop being stunned then however long for them to reach your kill box, or you have to search them out. And unless they're very low health, reusing your 4 won't kill them because they actual stun shock does barely any damage without Tesla coiling.

I find it quite fun to use his 4 and then run around killing the group 'leaders' whilst under my speed boost, they can't fire back and all I'm doing is running around taking care of the one issue the 4 has, the survivors.

Also, if you're annoyed by how long his 4 takes to cast, presumably cuz it can get you hurt or killed, use it while sliding, almost entirely negates that issue. And the 4th augment is phenomenal for survivability.

Edited by Cloudyvisage