Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fatigue/Loss of Interest

(PSN)Multi-Melta

I used to play Blade & Soul, the events last for 2 months, and when it's done, a new event appears. After more than a year playing that game, i quit. Grinding non-stop wasn't enjoyable and though people advocate you don't need to do it, but when there's exclusive items locked behind it which you do want, you can't help but feel forced and feel it's tedious. I've been playing Warframe for over 4years and this year is the one where i least played it. When the first nightwave came out, i did it for 3 weeks and then just stop. I couldn't deal with how tedious it was and quite frankly doing things that you didn't want to do in the first place, made it unenjoyable. As for this nightwave, as much as i want the exclusive rewards that it offers, i'm just going to skip out on it once again. The amount of time spent and the level of enjoyment that i gain from this, is simply just not worth it. The problem is not the nightwave per say, it's the content you have to do, to unlock the rewards. If Warframe intends to keep nightwave but doesn't improve it's core game then frankly, i'll just quit. My time is better spent on more enjoyable matters.

• Like 1

While I'll freely admit that Nightwave Season 2 is nowhere near as terrible as Nightwave Season 1, I feel the same way as the OP. Since Nightwave came out, I've spent the majority of my playtime checking boxes on that list, to the point where I don't actually get to do any of the stuff I actually enjoy. Sure, there wasn't as much "incentive" to play Warframe prior to Nightwave for someone who already has everything (they actually want), but at least there was SOME. Now I feel like I have to push through the chores to get to enjoy the game, by which time I've kind of had my fill.

I don't like the Battle Pass and I don't like how it's spreading from game to game. Nightwave as it sits right now might be the lesser evil and will hopefully keep going in that direction over time... But it's still work on a deadline. I get that Warframe is a F2P game, but I still wish we could have avoided the Battle Pass.

I actually had no desire to deal with Season 2 but I do love the Infested aesthetic a lot. Shame the actual series itself has been almost totally devoid of any story or content. Oh boy, sometimes 2 people pop up and die shortly after. I'm not sure if this is worse than the Wolf or not.

Also, as others have alluded to in previous posts, there is presently no end-date for this. I grinded as much as I realistically could(while avoiding stuff I utterly despised like the Index) to get to the end as soon as possible. Why did I rush if I didn't have to? Simple, I don't want to think about it at all. Out of sight and out of mind. Now that it's finished, with the little I still want to play, none of that time has to go into anything other than X, Y, or Z. No Thumpers. No Lua puzzles. No mining gems. I will concede that the K-Drive races were a lot better than I expected them to be, haha.

Sure, the player doesn't have to finish literally everything, but until when is that still true? The lack of a definitive ending date is a huge problem in my opinion. It makes people worry about doing as much as they can before the rug is pulled out from under them. I think if people knew ahead of time when it would finish, they would be better able to budget their time and worry much less about it.

Edited by ArcKnight9202