Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter decorations, Roller Floofs and how to get them back

Azarif

So... I was toying with the added collision and phisics of the new roller floofs introduced with the Dog Days tactical allert and I found my self wanting to see if they could be placed outside the orbiter (as some do) only to find out that the floof not only happiely is placed outside, but also rolls of the main windshield and drops into deep space, never to be seen again... (not counting the fun than frustrating experience of seeing it roll off in deep space each and every time I come back to my orbiter).

Possible solution, and frankly, a feature that I am expecting for quite a while, is the addition of a screen or a menu where we can manage our decoration, see what has been palced and  maybe return to our inventory what is possibly gone out of bounds, and so, gone forever.

In this screen we could also see the decoration capacity filling up and manage quickly our decoration as it happends just for placing them.

This would also be quite nice of them to be added with the arrival of the new and improoved orbiter, but I'd like to see this done before that time.

Now the ball passes to you (pun absolutely intended) to find maybe other ways to make this work and possible other uses, like increasing the size of decorations at the cost of capacity.

In the meantime, remember... to praise [DE]Pablo!

(I am no MatPat here)

Thanks for stopping by!

• Like 1

When I've finished a mission and am sitting on he summary screen, I can sometimes hear a sinister 'pat, pat, pat'. It is the sound of my floof being repeatedly manipulated, as it has spawned in the same place as my frame in the ship. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Kaotyke:

OP places a decoration that has colision and rolls around, outside the ship.

OP now cant retrive it because it rolls to the endless pit of the skybox.

He is right though, doesnt matter why a decoration gets lost.

I had the exact same idea some time ago because while placing decorations, a sculpture managed to flip under the window in the floor in front of the backroom.

• i wanted to place it on top of the window
  • but there is a small hole and while clicking "place" it changed position and jumped under the window (surface snapping on)
  • now the best part - it took me like 20 minutes to position the camera in a way that i could click and hit the sculpture below the glass (its very narrow there, the camera ofc has a collision-model like its a living being and you cannot target something through the glass

In short, there are several reasons why a decoration might get unaccessable, and there should be a way like this to get them back.

Btw, are you that naive that you think the visual orbiter-update wont produce at least 1 bug which leads to exactly this problem? 😁

1 hour ago, JayB33 said:

When I've finished a mission and am sitting on he summary screen, I can sometimes hear a sinister 'pat, pat, pat'. It is the sound of my floof being repeatedly manipulated, as it has spawned in the same place as my frame in the ship. 

Pat pat pat sounds awfully like rap tap tap... Wally is playing with your floof 😱

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Typo

So I bought the roomba thing. It constantly gets stuck under the ramp leading up. And since my Kavat has to chase it around, it is now also stuck, only its on top of the ramp, blocking me from traversing up and down because pets have collision now. At least I can just hit esc and get to navigation that way.

Edited by IntheCoconut