Jump to content
(PS4)OriginalEquinox

Mark KDrive races on the map please

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Or atleast give us the option to buy a map showing where tf they are so I can do that damn NW quest and be done with it, thanks

They are visible when you are standing on your k-drive.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A known little fun bit is that if you have not ever seen that K-drive race, it won't automatically show up on the map, if you 'discover' it then it will be marked in future for you when the race is in circulation. As there are 22 races, they cycle through them with up to five per day, and you may not have 'discovered' the races that are available for that day.

Once you're on your K-drive, any available races that you have discovered are visible on the map in the same way that holding your Tranq Rifle shows Conservation locations.

There are online maps to show you where the races spawn, often updated with which races are active that day, so if they aren't visible to you then just head for the general direction and it should pop up once you're nearby.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if the map would show which ones have been completed, same with caves, which ones discovered.  

I'll likely never complete those challenges bacause I'm not going to scan through each one in off chance I find it (again).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Once you're on your K-drive, any available races that you have discovered are visible on the map in the same way that holding your Tranq Rifle shows Conservation locations.

That's definitely not true, when you stand on a K-Drive(NOT the starter one!!!) all 5 races for the day are shown on the map, it doesn't matter if you discovered them or not.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

That's definitely not true, when you stand on a K-Drive(NOT the starter one!!!) all 5 races for the day are shown on the map, it doesn't matter if you discovered them or not.

Ah, could be the Starter K-drive bit. The people I've been helping with the Nightwave in game are all the kind that don't want to do K-drive content, so they obviously haven't done any of the races.

The second that they got in range of them, however, the races did pop up on the map and stay popped up on the map until we left the Vallis, which is why I believed it was that they hadn't 'discovered' them yet.

If it's all to do with them using only the starter K-drive, then I stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ah, could be the Starter K-drive bit. The people I've been helping with the Nightwave in game are all the kind that don't want to do K-drive content, so they obviously haven't done any of the races.

My heart is breaking 😞

I absolutely love the races and wish we could get new incentives to do them, after getting everything from the Ventkids.

But yeah, also just learned yesterday, that races don't show on the starting board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

I absolutely love the races and wish we could get new incentives to do them, after getting everything from the Ventkids.

Unless the mods we get from the Ventkids for the boards are capable of actually doing proper damage (I'm looking at you Slay Board...) to the scaled enemies we face, and unless we gain the ability to at least use a Secondary weapon while riding them, K-Drives are literally worse choices than Archwings.

I gave them the chance, and I've got my ideal build for my ideal board, but the results... not viable enough to keep using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

K-Drives are literally worse choices than Archwings.

Oh, I don't use them for mobility(Except when I'm solo in the vallis and can take my time), I purely use them for fun, love doing some races now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm still using the starter board since there isn't any reason to build a custom one, after flying in circles for almost 30 minutes on my archwing I was able to find and complete 2 of those annoying things, hopefully I'll find a third before reset. 

Really hope the ephemera is worth the trouble..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Well I'm still using the starter board since there isn't any reason to build a custom one, after flying in circles for almost 30 minutes on my archwing I was able to find and complete 2 of those annoying things, hopefully I'll find a third before reset. 

Really hope the ephemera is worth the trouble..

QDu3vi6.png

 

Here are the K-Drive races for today. If you have trouble in the future, just ask someone in region chat who does have a custom K-Drive.

 

I would also like to remind you that you DO NOT need to complete every challenge. There are also now fanatic mobs that give Nightwave standing when killed.

Edited by Bioness
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bioness said:

you DO NOT need to complete every challenge.

I missed a few weeks at the beginning so I'm trying to catch up, wouldn't have bothered if we knew how many more weekly resets are there, but thanks for the map mate, one more race would do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also note that if you're still on the starter board, once you do find a race, you can drop a marker on the map and run that same race over and over and max your standing for the day so you can work toward putting together a real one so you then see them on the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...