[DE]Rebecca

Cold Status Effects & how they block new Status Effects. Coming Changes.

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

The team has been raising old topics when time permits, and we've come across some specific older feedback about  🥶 COLD STATUS EFFECTS! Back in the day (in 2016 to be exact), we put a topic to rest that 'Cold Status Effects prevent other Status Effects from being applied, because the target is frozen solid'!

Time goes on, and this topic was re-reviewed.

Currently on live: If you freeze an enemy with a Cold Status Effect, you cannot apply any new Status Effects until that is done.
Demonstration:

Coming Soon: If you freeze an enemy with a Cold Status Effect, you can immediately apply other Status Effects!
Demonstration:

Other Minor Inconsistencies we are fixing:

Currently on live: If you hit an enemy with a Status Effect (like Toxin) then Freeze them with a Cold Status Effect, it prolongs the duration, but only if you got the Status Effect in before Cold hit. You could never apply new Status Effects while an enemy was Frozen, which was detrimental in many ways to builds and teamplay. These Status Effects will run their normal durations for consistency after this change, while allowing new ones!

But wait, there's more! This also changes the way Gara's Targets and Atlas' Petrified Targets react (i.e they now get this new behaviour).

Amazeballs. 

But more importantly,  when will we be able to donate roller floofs to the dojo!!!???

Also thanks for early loadout screen changes!

@[DE]Rebecca if yall raising older feedback what about funally making endgame content? ( Or are lvl 35 enemies hard enough)

Also Hopes that Railjack has an overall revisited, it hasn't launch and it already looks boring.

• Haha 1

I certainly am not opposed to this change!

Now just allow allies to shoot through Frost’s Snow Globe from the outside and I’ll be a happy freezer.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, (PS4)V-_-iniciu-_-s said:

@[DE]Rebecca so now, status duration will be infinite during freeze? nice changes tbh

You miss read. That's how it used to be if you got a status in before the freezing / glassing / stoning

I'm a little sad at the loss of my lazy bleed n petrify build but i'll live.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 1

please increase frost movement speed, he is a ice frame, he could melt his feet and move faster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

and we've come across some specific older feedback about  🥶 COLD STATUS EFFECTS! Back in the day (in 2016 to be exact)

cmh7ZEq.png

• Haha 3

Good. I always wanted the effects here could working as the "biotic explosions" in the ME series in a way to combo the frames abilities while playing on a team or even with our guns.

Off topic: Now if you guys could make sentinels useful too...

So the only use for cold procs (that it makes procs stay forever/longer is ,,fixed'' now? wow,and I thought u want atlas to sell

Posted (edited)

If Wyrmius is the hardest thing to do in your game then you know something is wrong.

@[DE]Rebecca pls answer.

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT
  • Woah 1

I don't know what exactly is the old code for these frozen/solidified states was, always seemed like a covered-up enemy 'pausing' with various fancy effects.
So this sparks a question, what about Limbo?
Stasis practically does the same, it pauses enemies. And while it doesn't prevent procs, it prolongs them similarly to aforementioned 'solidifying' abilities for as long as Stasis is active.

Back in the day (in 2016 to be exact), we put a topic to rest that 'Cold Status Effects prevent other Status Effects from being applied, because the target is frozen solid'!

Doesn't surprise me, but obviously that's not how it should've been in the first place.

Yet again, to be fair, being frozen technically should stop some statuses but not others. Taking that even further some statuses should get a positive multiplier against frozen targets, but others shouldn't or should get a negative multiplier. It's alot more complicated than necessary so making all status plainly work on frozen targets is actually the compromise here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The change is a good buff for Frost's Avalanche. High duration build for Frost is now a viable choice.

Also, why is this in general feedback instead of in developer workshop section?

Edited by yles9056

Currently on live: If you freeze an enemy with a Cold Status Effect, you cannot apply any new Status Effects until that is done.

Sorry but this is not the case!

Cold status proc only slightly slows an enemy, it does NOT freeze and prevent status procs! Frost can freeze enemies but weapons cannot! It'd be cool if cold status proc actually froze enemies in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Cold status proc only slightly slows an enemy, it does NOT freeze and prevent status procs! Frost can freeze enemies but weapons cannot! It'd be cool if cold status proc actually froze enemies in my opinion.

Honestly a little sad that this ^ has to be pointed out to the devs...

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

11 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I think @[DE]Rebecca is confusing cold status effect with freezing.

Ok, if i froze an enemy and then set him on fire he'll explode?

Would be cool if this was fixed...

• Like 1

I'm also kind of confused by why you're calling this the "cold status effect", especially since at this point there are more non-ice sources of the code than ice ones.

Still, oh well, a good change.

• Like 1