Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cold Status Effects & how they block new Status Effects. Coming Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

So if I am understanding this right.

Status stasis is going to be removed from petrify, mass vitrify, and avalanche. In exchange we can apply status to effected mobs. 

Cold is losing 50% of its use as it's slow proc will no longer extend other status effects duration.

I still have some reservations on the idea but if the abilities keep the double damage buff the effects might get better.

My question @[DE]Rebecca is what about limbo? Stasis effects the duration  of effects buy pausing them, though we can still apply new effects to mobs under it's effect (spcificly DOT effects). Will this part of limbo's kit be removed too?

i would just like to mention that except for the Gfy clips, the entire post implies Freezing Enemies with 'Cold Damage Status Effects' even though it doesn't do that.
(which meant me scratching my head)

but seeing Frost make an Enemy Frozen, ok now what's being talked about makes sense.

a bit of a sad day to see Ice Status being made less valuable, but it is what it is i guess.

Edited by taiiat

Frost works with so many statuses to build him well,he would be a nice candidate to get a revist soon.

he can strip armor, but it neeeds too much power strenght to do it, so no one does that

even more, avalance animation is slow and that is ok, but the game is fast, so we need fast casts or more range and efficiency

if you build for strenght, you don't have survivability or range to make the armor striping viable

}a range buuf for Icy Avalanche or the base range would be awesome and reducing the requiriment for armor stripping would make frost an amazing support for the whole team

we already got adressed one of the complains about this ability, how about make it truly great by a range increment and reducing the strenght requiriment to 175%~200%? So we can build some range, cast speed and survivability a see Frost being almost useful once again?

Also, what is up with that energy pool? give him a propper energy pool for a caster!

• Like 1

Hooray! I was waited for this almost 6 years. Previously I not make builds for frost's freeze abilities because of that and limit myself only to 2nd ability with augment. Now I may fully use frost because of that. So I'm waiting for this update.

@[DE]Rebecca I can foresee some issues with petrify allowing other status procs.

Currently Petrify doubles the damage Landslide and Rumbler's do to enemies, the issue is that the explosion proc of Landslide (Uppercut specifically) and Rumbler's thrown explosion proc deal forced blast procs to targets. Typically this sends normal enemies across the map, making it highly inconvenient to deal with high level targets, as Landslide scales poorly against armor. If enemies can be affected by a blast proc while petrified, its going to make Atlas even clunkier to use, and I can't forsee that helping any potential PA sales, since he should be next if you guys are following order of release. Additionally other than the forced blast proc, Atlas and his kit is very bad at dealing elemental damage, other than simply getting a base damage boost on Landslide.

Il y a 15 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Currently on live: If you hit an enemy with a Status Effect (like Toxin) then Freeze them with a Cold Status Effect, it prolongs the duration, but only if you got the Status Effect in before Cold hit. You could never apply new Status Effects while an enemy was Frozen, which was detrimental in many ways to builds and teamplay. These Status Effects will run their normal durations for consistency after this change, while allowing new ones!

Does that mean status are being looked at globally atm or we won't see any damage rework anytime soon ?

So, basically Cold looses its "gimmick", and becomes simple movement slow/stop? I understand how leaving it to prolong status effects whilst being able to inflict more status effects can be a problem for balance, however, Cold could prolong only the statuses inflicted before it proced and ignore the new ones, or hell even reduce the new one's duration to even the scales. It can be explained as follows " Cold encases enemies in a layer of ice. Statuses under the Ice last for longer due to the low temperature, statuses coming from the outside can penetrate the Ice, but are less effective (do not benefit from the cold since they loose "momentum" during permeation). "

As it looks like now, yes it will allow more DoT on enemies that are Immobile at best, and be as useful as Magnetic when the targets is just slowed (its situational ! ). It looks more like a nerf to Cold in result of people not being particularly good at adjusting to their team.

Meanwhile, straight buff for Gara and Atlas. So giving up the identity of a status effect must be worth it?

@[DE]Rebecca

This is a gamechanger, thank you!

Can Limbo keep this one though:

It's a niche he has with status effects lasting indefinitely under Stasis. Helps boost his survivability since he's quite squishy and isn't like Frost (w/Icy Avalanche), Gara or Atlas.

And lastly, kinda related, can Ash's clones stop preventing us from inflicting damage on the targets they're currently attacking. It just doesn't feel right when I shoot my Opticor and it deals no damage since my clone is attacking the enemy I'm shooting at.

On 2019-08-09 at 11:40 PM, I1I_Suko_I1I said:

Frost works with so many statuses to build him well,he would be a nice candidate to get a revist soon.

he can strip armor, but it neeeds too much power strenght to do it, so no one does that

even more, avalance animation is slow and that is ok, but the game is fast, so we need fast casts or more range and efficiency

if you build for strenght, you don't have survivability or range to make the armor striping viable

}a range buuf for Icy Avalanche or the base range would be awesome and reducing the requiriment for armor stripping would make frost an amazing support for the whole team

we already got adressed one of the complains about this ability, how about make it truly great by a range increment and reducing the strenght requiriment to 175%~200%? So we can build some range, cast speed and survivability a see Frost being almost useful once again?

Also, what is up with that energy pool? give him a propper energy pool for a caster!

No, Frost is very much fine the way he is. None of the things you mention are issues besides that which will get fixed i.e frozen targets and how they interact with status effect.

Building for strength is no issue for Frost because you are 100% free to neglect duration. That means you will have more than enough room to slot strength mods, some range, survival and even efficiency as you want. Frost is probably on of the most balanced frames at the moment and he is one of the few that makes increadible use of a full umbra setup. We already have too many issues with frames that have abnormal range on their AoEs, no need to add another to the mix when its purpose isnt really intended for that. And as Frost you want targets to get close, you dont wanna freeze them 50m away and wait 10 seconds for them to come running.

Strength also doesnt only make his armor strip stronger, it also makes him a viable target defense frame at the same time since it strengthens his globe health. A single stretch mod gives him more than enough range on avalanche to be a good nuke and debuffer while also retaining a small enough globe to not be intrusive when needed. You simply drop his duration down to the point you feel comfortable, the point where avalanche freezes things long enough for you to kill them at levels above 100. Below that avalanche itself tends to make quick work of anything.

edit: A sidenote regarding the frozen changes. This will definently get me back to playing Gara and it will likely make me give Atlas another spin.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

On 2019-08-12 at 7:34 AM, SneakyErvin said:

No, Frost is very much fine the way he is. None of the things you mention are issues besides that which will get fixed i.e frozen targets and how they interact with status effect.

Building for strength is no issue for Frost because you are 100% free to neglect duration. That means you will have more than enough room to slot strength mods, some range, survival and even efficiency as you want. Frost is probably on of the most balanced frames at the moment and he is one of the few that makes increadible use of a full umbra setup. We already have too many issues with frames that have abnormal range on their AoEs, no need to add another to the mix when its purpose isnt really intended for that. And as Frost you want targets to get close, you dont wanna freeze them 50m away and wait 10 seconds for them to come running.

Strength also doesnt only make his armor strip stronger, it also makes him a viable target defense frame at the same time since it strengthens his globe health. A single stretch mod gives him more than enough range on avalanche to be a good nuke and debuffer while also retaining a small enough globe to not be intrusive when needed. You simply drop his duration down to the point you feel comfortable, the point where avalanche freezes things long enough for you to kill them at levels above 100. Below that avalanche itself tends to make quick work of anything.

edit: A sidenote regarding the frozen changes. This will definently get me back to playing Gara and it will likely make me give Atlas another spin.

What's the strength requirement for 100% armor strip? Also, does duration effect how long the armor stays stripped or is it stripped indefinitely? 

• Like 1

On 2019-08-09 at 4:52 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

The team has been raising old topics when time permits, and we've come across some specific older feedback about  🥶 COLD STATUS EFFECTS! Back in the day (in 2016 to be exact), we put a topic to rest that 'Cold Status Effects prevent other Status Effects from being applied, because the target is frozen solid'!

Time goes on, and this topic was re-reviewed.

Currently on live: If you freeze an enemy with a Cold Status Effect, you cannot apply any new Status Effects until that is done.
Demonstration:

Coming Soon: If you freeze an enemy with a Cold Status Effect, you can immediately apply other Status Effects!
Demonstration:

Other Minor Inconsistencies we are fixing:

Currently on live: If you hit an enemy with a Status Effect (like Toxin) then Freeze them with a Cold Status Effect, it prolongs the duration, but only if you got the Status Effect in before Cold hit. You could never apply new Status Effects while an enemy was Frozen, which was detrimental in many ways to builds and teamplay. These Status Effects will run their normal durations for consistency after this change, while allowing new ones!

But wait, there's more! This also changes the way Gara's Targets and Atlas' Petrified Targets react (i.e they now get this new behaviour).

This is a very very solid decision. Respect!

Can't wait to use my frost more in team play [a bit more than usual]. 😉

Something that would be cool is if you froze a target and then applied a Blast proc to said frozen target, if the damage is enough to kill the frozen unit, it would explode in a shower of ice shards dealing X amount of damage to nearby units in X meters.

Essentially, a poor man's version of Molecular Prime.

Edited by Caine2112

On 2019-08-14 at 11:54 AM, (PS4)tissot555 said:

What's the strength requirement for 100% armor strip? Also, does duration effect how long the armor stays stripped or is it stripped indefinitely? 

Cant remember the exact %, it is low enough to not need Blind Rage. I run transient, full umbra and power drift along with growing power. Without GP active I sit at 94% and with GP active it goes beyond 100%. Duration increases armor strip because the armor is gone aslong as the mob is frozen. So for me with 78% duration it lasts a little over 6 seconds, which is more than enough to wipe out whatever is frozen within those 20m+ around Frost. It is also spammable since I sit at 175% efficiency.

Full setup for me is. Growing Power, Power Drift, Transient Fortitude, Umbra x3, Stretch, Primed Continuity, Streamline rank 4 and Fleeting Expertise rank 4. 

Weapons are Fulmin with corrosive, Catchmoon with corrosive+heat and a Plague Kripath with heat, condition overload, blood rush, crit chance/slide crit riven/negative, primed fury/pressure/reach and healing return. It works in every situation and mission since I dont really use him for assassination missions where his avalanche wont work. If I want armor strip on bosses I just play Ash, Mag or Oberon.

edit: However, with the changes to status interaction coming I will probably go over to my full slash crit hybrid Cyath polearm instead. It already wrecks things with crazy high armor and only reason I dont use it on Frost is because he cant proc slash on popcicles.

Edited by SneakyErvin