[DE]Rebecca

Augment Tweaks: Hotfix 25.6.2

Omg, awesome. I wonder if the combined elements search was from my suggestion on the forum. Been wanting that for a while. Thanks DE!

The Arsenal UI is coming along nicely, thank you for that.

UX feedback:

•  A hotkey should exist for searching inventory/trade/etc - CTRL-F or / would be reasonable
  • Leave Squad should be available before mousing over your glyph in the top-left
  • Leave Squad isn't available for 5-10s after returning to Fortuna, so I hit Esc, mouseover, repeat til it is

Sound feedback:

• Ambient ship + dojo sounds need a separate volume setting (currently controlled by sound effects)
  • Message beep volume should have a separate setting (currently controlled by sound effects). This would be helpful for traders who don't want sound except when messages are received

Other issues that have carried over from the older versions:

* Gara's Splinter Storm should not break corpus windows when you run past
* Switching to/from operator with a high ping takes several seconds, e.g. 500ms ping takes 5s to switch sometimes
* Operator void dash frequently results in out of bounds and position reset, especially if you dash over water or over gaps in the map
* Energizing Dash does not work if you land running - I frequently need to walk backwards to trigger it

QoL improvements:
* Relic enrichment interface is awkward when enriching 10+ - click relic, click radiant, click refine, click yes, screen refreshes with an animated delay, repeat. This should allow multiple, or at least not reset selection
* A "Hide Mastered" filter in dojo+market would make it easier for new players to see what they need to work on still
* Nightwave cred offerings should hide blueprints for items you have when you select Hide Owned - it only hides them if you own the blueprint currently
* If you get Session Full when joining a session then the next mission selection does not work - you need to select it, cancel, select again 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Has there been any word on when Operator's amps will be fixed? ALL scaffolds have been twisted the wrong way around since 25.5.1/2 or so.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

uhm... why would you even shoot at the bugger with the lanka when it's raising out of the water? don't tell me you got the shield down in one or shots from your amp and switched to the lanka, aiming the upper weak-spot(s), charging and firing... if so, i'll surely bow to your battle prowess and errect a shrine to you shortly ^^)

You said not to tell you, so I won't. But how else do you think it is known that the Lanka is broken in that manner?

I hope you're already building that shrine. Make it pretty. There are some excellent Eidolon hunters out there 😉 

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)
Цитата

Searching for combined elements (Radiation, Magnetic, etc.) in your Upgrade and Mod menus will now pull up the base element mods that can be combined to make that element!

Lol thanks even after 4+ years of playing I still didnt bother to memorize some like viral so kudos.

And yeah I'll admit

pvw9in5.jpg

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the hotfix DE.  Although I must be om a lucky streak since I haven't had any issues with anything mentioned today. Ha ha..  But seriously, what gives with these beach balls not being able to get donated to the dojo?   You have let us donate every other floof  to the dojo so far but now that you made friggin giant ones we have to keep those in our lil  orbiters where there is no room to do anything cool or creative with them.  And just so your not missing the irony i'm gonna say it a different way.  we are not allowed to donate the giant balls to the giant dojo. They must stay and be stuffed in our lil orbiters.   But we can donate as many of the tiny ones to the giant dojo as we want.    I guess maybe I did drink away a few to many brain cells cause I just don't understand the thinking behind that

12 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

uhm... why would you even shoot at the bugger with the lanka when it's raising out of the water? don't tell me you got the shield down in one or shots from your amp and switched to the lanka, aiming the upper weak-spot(s), charging and firing... if so, i'll surely bow to your battle prowess and errect a shrine to you shortly ^^)

Yes it is possible to one shot the shield the moment it's raised out of the water. That is if you're running an organised group with void strike amp users + shooting through volt's shield (very common in speedruns; eg 4x3 and 5x3 squads. Currently rubico doesn't have this bug, which prevents the lanka from becoming the meta sniper for these sort of organised hunts.

I'm not a sentient, please don't erect a shrine and kill me every night 😢

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Senguash:

Thanks for the hotfix!

Now that we're getting a nice update to the arsenal with the loadout screen, 
could it perhabs also be time to let players use the same mods on their sentinel and regular weapon?

Yes please, this is and always has been a problem, there are mods that are simply too pricey for some players to get twice and some can only be acquired once no matter what anyways (primed daily tribute mods) so the fact that blocking mods used in sentinel weapons is still a thing is kind of a big problem to blatantly ignore.

Any news on when we can see stream drop fixes? 

Also any news on lotus ephemera for the population that still havnt received it since you guys mentioned it yourselves that not everyone got it yet?

9 hours ago, xyshift said:

You said not to tell you, so I won't. But how else do you think it is known that the Lanka is broken in that manner?

I hope you're already building that shrine. Make it pretty. There are some excellent Eidolon hunters out there 😉 

ok... since i'm still don't get why you think you can damage an eidolon with any normal weapon during it's rise out of the water when its shield is still up, i can only suspect that you run with a team that is able to remove this shield so fast, the eidolons weak spots are attackable... very commendable, since i never wittnessed this done in all the hundreds of eidolon hunts i've done... though i usually just do the tripledons once or twice per night circle with a random team which usually takes about 15 min or more for one go.

so, let take a look at the lanka then. since i use the same weapon (got a riven for it which make it quite powerfull), i know it very well... though maybe not since i didn't noticed this behaviour you described. but, i do have a theory which might explain it though not solve the problem. well, here it goes:

my theory is that when the eidolon rises out of the water, all that we see of this procedure is just the animation - the eidolon itself will simply "spawn" fully erected already and just waiting until the animation phase is done to then start walking forward... it's a bit like the cryo-pod on the defense mission of grineer ships, which is on this elevator platform which rises every few rounds up or down. when, for example, it rises, the "new" pod location will simply spawn upstairs but will still be invisible. the visible pod on the elevator will rise until it covers the invisible pod above. you can notice this by jumping on the invisible pod during the ascend of the elevator...  i suspect the same technic is used by the devs for the eidolon (and likely for many other things in the game too). you could say, the eidolon isn't really where we it during its ascend.

so, we all know that we can already hit the bugger while he gets up (thats what i called the one or two shots fireable in this phase, but ofc it depends on the amp used) - ususally, i would say, since i also do this, that we shot only on what we see, and since the eidolons are rather big, our amps will easily hit it and in your case you might also be able to remove the shield completely... but then you would face the problem to hit the weakspots without seeing them where they might be, aiming and shoting only at the visible 'animation' of the eidolon instead of the invisible placeholder of it where those weakspot might or might not be damagable (remember, this is only a theory and i might be totally off with it - though i will try to test it later on).

you say the lanka is broken, but did you test it with other weapons (best, if not with something like the plasmor or and weapon with an area of effect) like the rubico or vectris? and are the 'lower' weakspot of the eidolon hitable durint the rise? i suspect those would be even harder to aim at since they will be still under water at this moment.

for now, i would say that you and your team are just too fast for what the devs considered possible and the lanka itself isn't at fault here... but some testing will be required to gt to the ground of this phenomenon ^^)

Replying on game update thread: post your super awesome idea here to farm reputation.
And that's really all the effect your reply will have.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RealHoneyBadger said:

Yes it is possible to one shot the shield the moment it's raised out of the water. That is if you're running an organised group with void strike amp users + shooting through volt's shield (very common in speedruns; eg 4x3 and 5x3 squads. Currently rubico doesn't have this bug, which prevents the lanka from becoming the meta sniper for these sort of organised hunts.

ah... ok... that's some good information. so the other weapons doesn't have this behaviour and since the rubico isn't likely hitting an invisible weakspot by accident all the time i guess my little theory isn't holding too good... though it might depend on the timeframe this is happening - like i said above, i never saw this done 'that' fast (best might be a few seconds after the bugger starts walking, and then usually only with the first eidolon which is rather weak in puncto shield).

the main difference between the lanka and rubico is the travle time of the 'projectile' - or in short: the rubico is hitscan, the lanka not... so maybe this little travle time is what makes all the different in hitting IF (and thats again a rather big if) the animation of the eidolon and the 'real' hitable one are not exactly coherent in their positions - that's something a dev could tell us if they read this ^^)   in this case, it might be that the animation is still a tad independend of the the real one or, that the hitbox(es) around it will change during the rise-animation (i never bothered coding animation myself, but i know of many games that uses such methods as shortcuts in coding or for other reasons, so it's not totally unheard of).

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Senguash:

Thanks for the hotfix!

Now that we're getting a nice update to the arsenal with the loadout screen, 
could it perhabs also be time to let players use the same mods on their sentinel and regular weapon?

You can, if you know how to do it.xD

Did you also ask for additional firewall permissions on the launcher?

Posted (edited)

Fkin hate the new loadout ui... with the old ui i could have changed the setup just in 1-2 seconds when someone started the mission... now when i go there im looking left to right and up and down searching for the loadout i want and with the previous ui that was so easy just look down the vertical list, but this one is so tiresome.

Edited by -KyloRen-
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-08-09 at 12:47 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixes:

14 months later, still NO fix for and NO acknowledgement of

8 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

ah... ok... that's some good information. so the other weapons doesn't have this behaviour and since the rubico isn't likely hitting an invisible weakspot by accident all the time i guess my little theory isn't holding too good... though it might depend on the timeframe this is happening - like i said above, i never saw this done 'that' fast (best might be a few seconds after the bugger starts walking, and then usually only with the first eidolon which is rather weak in puncto shield).

the main difference between the lanka and rubico is the travle time of the 'projectile' - or in short: the rubico is hitscan, the lanka not... so maybe this little travle time is what makes all the different in hitting IF (and thats again a rather big if) the animation of the eidolon and the 'real' hitable one are not exactly coherent in their positions - that's something a dev could tell us if they read this ^^)   in this case, it might be that the animation is still a tad independend of the the real one or, that the hitbox(es) around it will change during the rise-animation (i never bothered coding animation myself, but i know of many games that uses such methods as shortcuts in coding or for other reasons, so it's not totally unheard of).

Your theory is pretty good. It could be taking the projectile too long to get to where it needs to be, and hitscan may be the only way to hit that spot during that particular animation.

Also thanks to @RealHoneyBadger for a more informative reply than I left.

12 hours ago, RealHoneyBadger said:

Rubico is preferred because of this reason, but Lanka is still popular because it can hit so hard. If you're not running 5x3's or trying for a 6x3, a Lanka is perfectly serviceable and the inability to break the water-limb won't be that big of a deal. 

I am a little cranky that I didn't know this about the Lanka until after I forma'd mine out, spent kuva on the riven, etc. but maybe DE can fix it soon so that all snipers can hit it. Hopefully then, the only reason to use one over the other would be personal preference.

I really want to give my feedback on these changes, as I know some people feel augments should have their own slot, like arcanes, or are mandatory to optimize some frames (rhino comes to mind). I hear them , but I have to say:

These changes are great, don't change the fundamentals.

With the changes to Volt/Frost/Ember/Etc... I have seen a dramatic increase in build diversity across multiple of my and my friends' configurations, such that I now have both a ESO-Damage maximized Volt config as well as a team-buffing build (that can combo with Saryn's for corrosive buffs, if we're right about it)... that's fantastic.

I have also seen many players testing the Volt shields... and the Rhino buff... from my early point of view it's breathing new life into the game in terms of build diversity and support buff potentials. This has been hugely beneficial for older frames, and I hope you roll out even more augment changes like this for the more dysfunctional augments still around (thinking Oberon's 4) - but don't shake up the fundamentals. I'd love to see these changes get some breathing room.

Great work.

Hello, can someone tell me why by buying platinums on the site Warframe and Steam, my account has been restricted following a negative Platinum balance.