Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)the_awsome123

Ideas for a Riven rework

There’s a few things that can be done about rivens to make them worth your time because right now there’s so much RNG the chances of you getting the roll you want are abysmal.

few ideas..

1. Be able to lock in a stat a positive or negative, 1 stat for every riven.

(you might roll negative impact on strun and want to lock that stat in)

how it would work: You roll the riven until you find the stat you want and lock it in and every roll afterwards will include it. The numbers will still change depending on number of positives but the stat will remain.

2. Being able to fuse rivens of the same kind into a better variation.

if you have four rivens if the same weapon- each with a locked in stat, you can fuse them all together for the best version. After this it becomes untradable.

This sounds power creep but in reality rivens arent needed at all to do any content in warframe. Rivens are just here to make weapons people like better. Since they aren’t needed there’s no reason for them not to be strong.

3. If nothing else, adjust kuva amounts to be reasonable for a riven.

3500 kuva for a 30 reroll, meanwhile a siphon gets you 600 and a flood 1200. Survival is 200 a tower. Without boosters it’s not worth farming. 

Amounts for all kuva payouts have to be tripled.

with all these ideas working together rivens and kuva farming would all be worth your time.

Any other ideas or scrutiny please share

There’s a few things that can be done about rivens to make them worth your time because right now there’s so much RNG the chances of you getting the roll you want are abysmal.

few ideas..

how it would work: You roll the riven until you find the stat you want and lock it in and every roll afterwards will include it. The numbers will still change depending on number of positives but the stat will remain.

if you have four rivens if the same weapon- each with a locked in stat, you can fuse them all together for the best version. After this it becomes untradable.

This sounds power creep but in reality rivens arent needed at all to do any content in warframe. Rivens are just here to make weapons people like better. Since they aren’t needed there’s no reason for them not to be strong.

3500 kuva for a 30 reroll, meanwhile a siphon gets you 600 and a flood 1200. Survival is 200 a tower. Without boosters it’s not worth farming. 

with all these ideas working together rivens and kuva farming would all be worth your time.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

Not happening. This is antithetical to the system even existing.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

Did you consider that the point might be to make you choose between holding out for a good Riven, consequently needing to farm lots of Kuva, and dumping one that gets  too expensive and trying a new one?

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Did you consider that the point might be to make you choose between holding out for a good Riven, consequently needing to farm lots of Kuva, and dumping one that gets  too expensive and trying a new one

That may be something people do but that’s not how I see rivens. After a few rolls the grind for kuva shouldn’t have to be so extensive and if you choose to farm kuva you should be compensated  for your efforts.

16 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This doesn’t make sense to me. If the system was already like this no one would complain for it and it hardly goes against the entire riven system which is an abundance of rng as is. One stat wouldn’t undermine an entire system or its purpose in this game. In fact it would make the system that much better.

25 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

path of exiles does something similar to rivens and they introduced locking a stat at the extra cost of kuva or a new resource all together.

I think the current roll costs are "ok" but I think kuva should be added to more parts of the game.

1. Making it a permanent nw credit reward.

2. Putting it into the arbitrations reward pool, putting it into the gold nitain shop.

2. Just putting it into the standard reward table for missions. Maybe putting 500 kuva in place of the 15 Endo reward just as an example.

9 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

path of exiles does something similar to rivens

"Similar" is doing some heavy lifting. PoE is not Warframe, you cannot just lazily compare two systems from two different games and draw any real conclusions.

The system only exists because of the RNG. Remove that, in any way, and there is literally no reason for DE to allow players to have access to them.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

This doesn’t make sense to me. If the system was already like this no one would complain for it and it hardly goes against the entire riven system which is an abundance of rng as is. One stat wouldn’t undermine an entire system or its purpose in this game. In fact it would make the system that much better.

Players always complain. Better for you, much, much worse for the game on the whole.

22 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The system only exists because of the RNG. Remove that, in any way, and there is literally no reason for DE to allow players to have access to them.

The RNG should be there to stop you from getting it fast, not to just stop you from even getting it.

My idea would be add cool passives.

14%chance to spawn a locust on kill. (Max 8 )

12% chance to cause viral status.

Absorb 5% damage done into shields.

30% chance to spawn healing Specter on death. Basically just a version of current NW guys.

could pin targets to wall on hit.

could spawn Specters that attack who ever damaged you.

could cast warframe abilities on chance.

like there’s a lot of things that could be done with these.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

What you are wanting is to have the BEST stats on your riven. Not ok, decent or good, you want the DMG, MS, CC etc and those only.

So you know what you are dealing with and asking for> to hit a CC, CD, MS with a non impactful neg on a riven takes insane time, several months of 40hrs a week of kuva farming to start to get reasonable odds of rolling.  taking that system and reducing the jackpot grind to a matter of a couple weeks is completely antithetical to why the RNG is so incredible dense > ie to make amazing rivens extremely, extremely, rare. Why? because that is the design philosophy of WF and of F2P by and large. So to have the BEST, it's a huge RNG mountain. This is on purpose, because even in that system you can of course, right now, have ok, decent and good rivens with reasonable time investments. But the best? pray to RNGesus. A cheap way to lock a stat changes the RNG math so much, it can nearly trivialise the designed and desired RNG level.

The idea isn't without merit though.

If you do the math I am sure you could work out a progression that allows for locking a stat and still fits in with the design paradigm. At a very rough guess it would involve a ~2month 40hr a week grind to lock a single stat on a riven. That might fit with the RNG wall intended to block the best rivens. Baring any exploits ofc.

Why are these people that are defending the system doesn't even have a profile on riven.market, are you guys bot accounts or what? Playing since beta and never sold a riven in your life and it is talking about it yet?

1 hour ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

few ideas..

You can already roll rivens enough to get insanely godly rivens which makes stuff really OP. I really don't think they need a buff

3 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

You can already roll rivens enough to get insanely godly rivens which makes stuff really OP. I really don't think they need a buff

Give me your difinition of godly riven.

is like that Veldt Manti-visibin of your?

Registered
08. July 2019

1 minute ago, MPonder said:

Give me your difinition of godly riven.

is like that Veldt Manti-visibin of your?

Registered
08. July 2019

I don't even know how you know I have that, bit weird?

A godly riven is like an ignis wraith riven with

base damage

multishot

CC/CD

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I don't even know how you know I have that, bit weird?

A godly riven is like an ignis wraith riven with

base damage

multishot

CC/CD

Roll your Veldt till you get those stats to sell for more plat, since it is so easy.

Roll your Veldt till you get those stats to sell for more plat, since it is so easy.

2 things

1. How did you know I had that?

2. Never said it was easy. Seeing how godly these rivens can be, the grinding is worth it

and cuz nobody really wants to buy a veldt mod thats a waste of kuva.

Its like getting a godly braton riven

9 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

and cuz nobody really wants to buy a veldt mod thats a waste of kuva.

Its like getting a godly braton riven

Sell it cheap then, for like a rubico with S#&$ rolls price, then buy a Rubico riven, roll it till you get god rolls again, And sell the rubico riven for great plat.

Sell it cheap then, for like a rubico with S#&$ rolls price, then buy a Rubico riven, roll it till you get god rolls again, And sell the rubico riven for great plat.

I just don't wanna for something without a huge payoff.

And how did you know what rivens I have in my inventory

You'll never know, is that password of your the same yet on Warframe? JK.

Profile on riven.market

Oh god pls no... rivens are powerfull enough... do not give us more options to get a godly riven... I would love to see the hole riven system to die out... sadly that will not happen soon...

6 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Oh god pls no... rivens are powerfull enough... do not give us more options to get a godly riven... I would love to see the hole riven system to die out... sadly that will not happen soon...

If the supply of rivens goes up. The price will go down as well

Thats a benefit for buyers

15 minutes ago, MPonder said:

You'll never know, is that password of your the same yet on Warframe? JK.

Profile on riven.market

I thought I was getting hacked for a minute there

2 hours ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

Without boosters it’s not worth farming.

And that right there is why the cost and farming amounts are what they are.  DE will never admit as much but this entire game is balanced around a player that has a booster.  If it wasn't then you'd have no reason to buy said boosters.

That applies to credits, affinity (directly and focus indirectly), and all resources.