Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Tweaks

WoodedSkate89

Please keep this thread civil and refrain from insults, I don't want this to get locked

Opinions on a Hildryn buff/rework?

I'm just curious to see what the community thinks on this issue?

And if you want the rework, what should be?

Edited by WoodedSkate89

23 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

She just has some flaws

Which are?

Balefire Charger has good damage potential, Pillage gives her infinite "energy" and offers a (multiplicative) stacking armor shred, Haven is free aoe damage and makes your companions and allies tankier, and Aegis Storm does have limited practicality (CC bad etc etc) it is capable of spawning loads of energy orbs for your team and for your own survivability.

Unless I'm missing something here the only flaw I can see is the difficulties she has dealing with Infested only missions. However being particularly weak against a specific faction isn't something unique to Hildryn.

Edited by trst

Just now, trst said:

Which are?

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Her 1 needs a fire rate buff when she’s in her 4, because she gets 2 of them yet it grants no benefit.

Her 3 needs to do more to enemies.

Her 4 needs a lot of its movement restrictions removed.

Basically this

These aren't "flaws", this is just wanting her buffed. Though sure I will admit that the second Charger being purely cosmetic is odd.

But Haven already deals double damage so long as Hildryn has any overshields and maintaining said overshields only requires spamming Pillage which you should be doing anyways. Plus it does more than just damage with increasing shields and shield regen of all nearby allies/companions and granting them all her shield-gating.

And why should Aegis Storm have it's restrictions removed? Even ignoring the CC component it still does damage to enemies in the radius and generates free energy orbs. Also the common suggestion of letting Pillage be used during Aegis Storm isn't a wise idea as she's already uncomfortably close to being (old) Ember 2.0 with the constant damage Haven and Aegis Storm do; letting her have nearly infinite shields with both these active would risk making her another afk defense frame which we don't need more of.

Hildryn isn't a nuke frame, she's a support frame. And not having even greater damage output isn't a flaw.

I dont really think she needs a rework or buffs. Same with Garuda, Baruuk, Whisp etc. The new frames are all "good". Not extremly good like Mesa and Saryn but also not bad like Ember and  Vauban. They are fine. Maybe her 4 needs some tweeks bot overall she is a balanced frame.

2 hours ago, trst said:

But why would she need one in the first place?

All her abilities are useful even considering they're near infinitely spammable so long as there are enemies with shields and/or armor around her.

She's got Nyx syndrome. All her abilities work as advertised, but working as advertised feels underwhelming and clunky. As a result only one or two abilities see any use (Chaos and Shield Pillage) and everything else is ignored in favor of guns

21 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

she is fine stop asking for stuff that she doesn't need, I think other frames need it more.

and they're getting it? (E.G. Vauban)

Im just saying to add her to the list.

I actually said that it doesnt need to be immediate