Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Sentinel

Matxer

Question

yeah its a hefty sum of credits to come up with, but well worth it ;) Depends on your frame as certain sentinel/frame combos work better than others.

But saying that, i started with Wyrm then moved onto Shade. Love them both.  Have used both with most frames with a good experience.

What frame are you running for your first, Excalibur/Mag/Loki?

I have started with Exca. Now Volt. Next one will be Mag. Then Rhino if I can find the damn last bp.

Close to my Excalibur, Volt, Rhino then Loki first frame order. Like i said i used Wyrm with my first three frames was great. Moved onto Shade when i acquired Loki. 

Everyone is on the money with regards to Shades stealth power. That's a great skill for any frame, really helpful in a tight spot. Helped my Rhino out when my Iron skin was getting ripped off me and i was running out of power on a few high level missions.  

Also having the ability to swap weapons on your sentinels now really allows you to run a style you like even better. 

End of the day you will probably end up getting both anyway so choice is yours :) have fun

If you have a reactor just equip whatever you find.

If not (and it isn't really worth a reactor) then prioritise. Ghost is a must have, as is Guardian. Having an unranked Regen is useful. Use the rest of the points as you see fit. I generally leave Revenge out since Shades attacks really don't do that much other then apply chill or shock.

Having a few points of Vitality and Redirection can also help keeping him alive.

Also remember that the order you put in your ability cards determines the priority your sentinel will use them.

Edited by Lers

If you have a reactor just equip whatever you find.

If not (and it isn't really worth a reactor) then prioritise. Ghost is a must have, as is Guardian. Having an unranked Regen is useful. Use the rest of the points as you see fit. I generally leave Revenge out since Shades attacks really don't do that much other then apply chill or shock.

Having a few points of Vitality and Redirection can also help keeping him alive.

Also remember that the order you put in your ability cards determines the priority your sentinel will use them.

If you have your hands on "Sanctuary" that's another good mod to put in the build. 

I went with the cube. Shred + Cryo and he'll CC stuff for you to mow down, and he'll shoot people through walls (like that last little f***er on a defense wave that you can't even see). Vaporize also helps stun anything trying to get to personal with you (like rollers).