Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Laverna

(PSN)Second--Sister

This is a concept warframe that I thought I would try putting out there. If this doesn't belong here, then I completely understand if it needs to be removed. So here we go

Name: Laverna

Codex: “This is Laverna, the thief, the betrayer. Her enemies will sooner find themselves dead before they realize that they’ve been stolen from.”

Stats (Rank 30):

Health: 300

Shields: 150

Armor: 550

Energy: 200

Sprint Speed: 1.25

Passive: Jumping on an enemy has a moderate chance of stunning them and opening up a finisher or making them forget that you were there

Ability 1; Copycat: Take aim at an ally and activate this ability. When activated, any ability that the targeted ally uses will be simultaneously activated by you. Triggered passives not included.

Stats (Rank 30):

Duration: 16s

Drain: 25

Ability 2; Falsify: Cloak yourself as an enemy, tricking your foes into believing you are a friend. For each kill that you get while cloaked, your damage will increase.

Stats (Rank 30):

Duration: 15s

Damage/Kill: 3%

Drain: 50

Ability 3; Betrayal: Disarms all enemies within range and turn their weapons against them. The weapons clips are emptied into their owners drop to the ground afterwards. Enemies still living take extra damage from all sources.

Stats (Rank 30):

Range: 15m

Extra Damage Taken: 75%

Drain: 75

Ability 4; Dawnguard: Summons spectral armor that increases health and armor. Damage taken is converted into a buff that heals other allies, with the effect growing stronger as more damage is taken. When Dawnguard is deactivated, it releases a wave that pushes all enemies away from the player. If Copycat is active at the time of activation, the targeted ally will also receive of Dawnguard for the entirety of its duration

Stats (Rank 30):

Health Bonus: 40% max health

Armor Bonus: 30% max armor

Wave Radius: 25m

Drain/Sec/Target: 10

Health Regenerated/100 damage: 5% of max health

Notes:

• Even when shot at, enemies will not fire at the player while under the effects of Falsify

• Wave Radius on Dawnguard is not affected by ability range

• Stats on abilities used via Copycat match those of the target and are not based on the player’s own stats

• Only one Laverna can link with another player via Copycat and cannot connect with another Laverna with Copycat active

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (PS4)bosslady4646 said:

Passive: Jumping on an enemy has a moderate chance of stunning them and opening up a finisher or making them forget that you were there

Who jumps on top of enemies?

Ability 1; Copycat: Take aim at an ally and activate this ability. When activated, any ability that the targeted ally uses will be simultaneously activated by you. Triggered passives not included.

Stats (Rank 30):

A literally useless if you're running Solo. I see this being more annoying than useful (Snow Globe, Molecular Prime, Spores, the entirety of Limbo's kit)

Ability 2; Falsify: Cloak yourself as an enemy, tricking your foes into believing you are a friend. For each kill that you get while cloaked, your damage will increase.

Stats (Rank 30):

Good concept

Ability 3; Betrayal: Disarms all enemies within range and turn their weapons against them. The weapons clips are emptied into their owners drop to the ground afterwards. Enemies still living take extra damage from all sources.

Stats (Rank 30):

Radial Disarm is already a thing though 

Ability 4; Dawnguard: Summons spectral armor that increases health and armor. Damage taken is converted into a buff that heals other allies, with the effect growing stronger as more damage is taken. When Dawnguard is deactivated, it releases a wave that pushes all enemies away from the player. If Copycat is active at the time of activation, the targeted ally will also receive of Dawnguard for the entirety of its duration

Stats (Rank 30):

How does this fit her theme of being a thief/traitor?

32 минуты назад, (PS4)LoisGordils сказал:

A literally useless if you're running Solo. I see this being more annoying than useful (Snow Globe, Molecular Prime, Spores, the entirety of Limbo's kit)

Maybe it can be used with specters. Octavia for example. Although, it would be great if the kit was Decoy, which would have their abilities.

Edited by zhellon

My thoughts on this:

• I personally really like the passive. I think it'd be cool to get a nice reward out of Goomba jumping on enemies, and it'd be unique gameplay.
  • On the other hand, I really dislike the 1, as it would be almost entirely useless while playing solo. I'd look for another way to implement a steal ability.
  • Falsify looks good, and if it could play with enemy alertness levels so that the player would have to be subtle about their trickery, all the better.
  • Betrayal feels a little too Loki-ish for me; I'd find another way to sabotage enemies without disarming them.
  • I don't quite understand how Dawnguard fits into this frame, as you seem to have designed this stealthy saboteur, but are here giving them a durability steroid.
  • As others have mentioned, the base stats are a little strange, again because you seem to have designed this rogue-type frame, but are giving them a ton of armor.

Overall, I very much like the theme, and would like to see a Garrett-style thief/saboteur frame in the roster, but I think the implementation could do with some adjustments, as the above kit is incomplete while solo and seems a bit too tanky for its intended fantasy. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Almost?

I guess you could technically spawn a specter to copy abilities from them, so it's not literally unusable, but either way that's still stretching it for an ability that was visibly not designed with solo play in mind.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PS4)bosslady4646:

Give the ability the option to steal (and use?) the abilitys of enemies. Would be a big help against the ancient infested guys.

Stats (Rank 30):

👍👍👍

Stats (Rank 30):

Instead of disarm why not just a reduced firerate and accuracy for the enemies. 

Stats (Rank 30):

Drain/Sec/Target: 10

Health Regenerated/100 damage: 5% of max health

Like the others already told. An ability like that doesn't fit to a thief/ betrayer. So we need here a complete different ability.

If I understand you right you want her fourth ability to be here survival ability. And because of here thief/ betrayer theme we can't give her an damage mitgation or a armor-/ health-/ shieldbuff ability. Invisibily would be possible, but with Octavia, Ivara, Ash and Loki we have already every kind of invisibily. 

Soooo, after many calculations and studying I have find the solution for this Problem.

She decrease the damage of the enemies.

This would fit to her theme (it's unusual for a betrayer to not sabotage his/ her "team") and it would snyergise pretty well with her other abilitys.

And somehow it would her make tanky without being tanky.

9 часов назад, (PS4)bosslady4646 сказал:

Stats (Rank 30):

For theft you can use the mechanics of Titania (Tribute) and the mechanics of the thief from GW2. Enemies are divided into 4 types. Teleport to the enemy and steal the ability depending on enemy type, and then use the ability to re-press button. Or teleport to an ally and steal one of his abilities.

The truth is you will have problems with implementation, as some abilities have mechanics like saryn disputes.

Edited by zhellon

6 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

Give the ability the option to steal (and use?) the abilitys of enemies. Would be a big help against the ancient infested guys.

👍👍👍

Instead of disarm why not just a reduced firerate and accuracy for the enemies. 

Like the others already told. An ability like that doesn't fit to a thief/ betrayer. So we need here a complete different ability.

If I understand you right you want her fourth ability to be here survival ability. And because of here thief/ betrayer theme we can't give her an damage mitgation or a armor-/ health-/ shieldbuff ability. Invisibily would be possible, but with Octavia, Ivara, Ash and Loki we have already every kind of invisibily. 

Soooo, after many calculations and studying I have find the solution for this Problem.

She decrease the damage of the enemies.

This would fit to her theme (it's unusual for a betrayer to not sabotage his/ her "team") and it would snyergise pretty well with her other abilitys.

And somehow it would her make tanky without being tanky.

The change for her fourth would be interesting, with a gradual increase in damage reduction, but it makes me wonder how that would play with mods like adaptation

I like your ideas, but:

16 hours ago, (PS4)bosslady4646 said:

Stats (Rank 30):

Health: 300

Shields: 150

Armor: 550

Energy: 200

Sprint Speed: 1.25

These are all high, you need to be weak in some areas.

It seems to me that a sneaky thief would be all about not getting shot at in the first place, so: shields: 50, armour: 25

They'll be squishy, but they shouldn't be a tank.

16 hours ago, (PS4)bosslady4646 said:

Stats (Rank 30😞

There are a lot of targeted (point at something) or context specific actions, or nukes (you just overlap their AoE).

Instead, how about:

Ability 1: pickpocket - hit an enemy with this and you get double loot drops from them and any other enemy in 2/4/8/12m on their death.

Duration: 8s

8 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

There are a lot of targeted (point at something) or context specific actions, or nukes (you just overlap their AoE).

Instead, how about:

Ability 1: pickpocket - hit an enemy with this and you get double loot drops from them and any other enemy in 2/4/8/12m on their death.

That's Desecrate. 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (XB1)KayAitch:

These are all high

I'm sure that 150 shield on a maxed frame is not that high. Or 300 hp and 200 Energy.  🤣😂🤣

But yeah, 550 armor. More armor then Oberon if I remember right.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)bosslady4646:

The change for her fourth would be interesting, with a gradual increase in damage reduction, but it makes me wonder how that would play with mods like adaptation

With Adaption there shouldn't be a differnce against abilitys which give damage mitgation. (theoretical)

14 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:
14 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Instead, how about:

That's Desecrate

Or Prowl, or Pilfering Strangledome, or Pilfering Swarm.

More variety in loot frames is a very good thing.

This would be less powerful than Desecrate (as you couldn't kill everything and then loot the remains) but more than Prowl (but that also has invisibility).

14 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

I'm sure that 150 shield on a maxed frame is not that high. Or 300 hp and 200 Energy

Ignoring shield as it's relatively useless.

300hp is more than Mag, Ivara, etc. 200 Energy is more than Rhino, Inaros, etc. 

14 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

But yeah, 550 armor. More armor then Oberon if I remember right

Yeah, that's crazy high base even for a tank.

As this is an ability frame with stealth elements I'd say low armour, low shield, average health, high energy, very high sprint sound like a good match.

I was intrigued with 1st and 2nd skill.

Then I saw Radial Disarm + Pacifying Bolts / Seeking Shuriken / Pillage (your 3rd skill) and Iron Skin + Warding Halo + Stomp (your 4th Skill)...

Change the 3rd skill and 4th skill and I will like it more.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the 3rd skill due to the phrasing. Empty clip into themselves... meaning the guns shoot their owners?

And the ultimate feels out of place. Suddenly... what seems to be a Thief / Bandit-style character becomes Iron Man? I suppose you can say he stole Iron Man's armor...

If your 1st skill can copy enemy unit's abilities too, it might make it more solo friendly. Some enemies have switch teleport, and those eximus units have a variety of abilities that... are probably copies of Warframes' abilities... some of which can be pretty good, like Artic eximus' having a mobile Frost bubble, and Orb Vallis Bursas having better versions of Vauban's grenades, which your character can then copy...  though will probably need some limitations. Perhaps only copy from humanoid-form  enemy units, thus Bursas will not be included... nor Eidolons etc. (can get pretty crazy)

Edited by Xepthrichros