The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To do the k-drive races for nightwave

Kyronz

Question

6 hours ago, kuciol said:

The thing is you dont. You put effort if you want to be rewarded, you dont have to do it but dont cry about not being rewarded. You also can skip sizable portion of NW. There will always be some parts of a game that somebody will not like. Stop being entitled and suck it up. 

I’m more on Awazx side than not on this one.  

Warframe is about visceral, beautiful combat first and foremost.

DE needs to have playable combat alternatives to obtain gear/items for non-combat activities, even if it takes longer.  Choice has always been a strength in this game, but design trends over the past 24 months have given us repeated and forced variations on non-combat gameplay-resource loops for content acquisition.

It May diversify the brand and give players SOMETHING to do, but it dilutes Warframe in a negative way when no alternative is given to space animal conservation, space snow boarding, fishing...even mining, when many of us want to spend our 20-60 minutes using combat to earn rewards through the far superior “shooter-looter” gameplay scenario.

I dare anyone to tell me that any of these activities even comes close to the fun of the combat that drew us in.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’m more on Awazx side than not on this one.  

Warframe is about visceral, beautiful combat first and foremost.

DE needs to have playable combat alternatives to obtain gear/items for non-combat activities, even if it takes longer.  Choice has always been a strength in this game, but design trends over the past 24 months have given us repeated and forced variations on non-combat gameplay-resource loops for content acquisition.

It May diversify the brand and give players SOMETHING to do, but it dilutes Warframe in a negative way when no alternative is given to space animal conservation, space snow boarding, fishing...even mining, when many of us want to spend our 20-60 minutes using combat to earn rewards through the far superior “shooter-looter” gameplay scenario.

Im not against alternative ways to get same rewards. What im against is changing content to suit those who are not willing to put the effort to get it. I always said that im all in if they would introduce something that would be alternative to NW as whole but im against changing NW into something more braindead then it already is. Not having a time is not an excuse for me to be entitled to rewards.

6 hours ago, Tsardova said:

You yourself admitted that not every aspect of the game will be accepted by everyone but that doesn't mean there isn't any minimal changes that can be used to incentivize more player interaction/ motivation/ interest.

They did. It's called nightwave. You may have heard of it. We get rewarded for doing stuff in different parts of the game. 

That's the whole point of the entire thread, isn't it? That the content has been incentivised, that some people are probably really bad at math, and don't really know what the word "forced" means? 

If you want the rewards, give it a try. If you prefer to skip it, that's fine too because we can skip around a third of the standing each week. If you don't want the rewards, then none of this is an issue. 

Actually you ARE forced to do it if you want to get those recovered tasks you had no time to do in the past.
Also:
You HAVE to pay plat to see the markers, since there is a cost for a vehicle slot.
You HAVE to waste time where others don't since they just paid plat for a vehicle slot.
So the whole charade looks like a bad moneygrab to me, since I have to pay if I want to keep up with the others. And whole thing could be avoided if they just let us see markers with default k-drive or just not include the whole race content in activities it never belonged.

10 hours ago, Kyronz said:

you have to have buy a custom k-drive...that was very nasty but likely why they put the races in Night wave in the first place. 

I did it with the beginner one. I used Archwing to find the Ventkids (they show up when you are close to them) and then ran the races with the beginner K-Drive (not a custom mod-able one).

11 hours ago, CxLL said:

Crafted (or purchased for those that are not patient enough to gather parts) K-drives will show all of the races on the expanded map.
The quest K-drive will only place markers on the map once you find them.
Races can be done with either.

Since when?  I have only custom K-drives, and can only see races when I approach them.  I've even done all of them at least once.

5 часов назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

The part that follows "if" makes the first part conditional and therefore untrue on its own. 

You are welcome. 

That way you can apply "if" to playing the game, spending money on game and even making your posts. You are welcome.

On 2019-08-10 at 2:43 PM, Kyronz said:

you have to have buy a custom k-drive...that was very nasty but likely why they put the races in Night wave in the first place. 

WRONG.

I did the nightwave challenge with the free starter k-drive.

Simply flew low and slow around the map until I saw a purple marker. Did the race, moved on to the next race, etc.

The nightwave challenge actually encouraged me to "get around" to ranking up vent kids. I have now built 2 k-drives and will reach max rank later this week.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

I just saw there is an achievment for hitting all 22 races.   I've already maxed out with ventkinds and got all the mods and captura lol,  I like K-drive.  I didnt know there were that many race spots until nightwave triggered that achievement to pop up and tell me how many of them I had found.

I used Loc-pins to mark the high value races.  Its sooo easy to grind up standing from the races.