Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking setting suggestion

Devoider

Currently matchmaking only have 4 types of setting which are "Public", "Friends Only", "Invite only", and "Solo"
I would like to suggest for a more option in the matchmaking setting

1) Mastery Rank: It might be a controversial topic about the mastery rank and how good the player actually is, but I think mastery rank in matchmaking setting would help veteran or serious player to get a better playing experience to some extent, because when they want to do a mission that require a good player such as sortie or arbitration, but end up join the squad with first timer who doesn't know how to do the mission properly or taking the warframe which is inappropriate for the type of mission which then force those veteran or serious players to quit the mission. Some veteran would like to help new player and some do not, so the MR setting in matchmaking would help the latter group.

2) [Don't mind this one as it is too big] I think recruit channel need to be improve because it is so hard to find the squad nowadays, my suggestion is to make the squad party looks like when a clan link their clan name in the chat, but upon click in, the window would appear showing their requirement such as what warframe they want, what mr they want, how many tridolon capture do they need which then the player could click to join the squad if they reach the requirement. This would decrease the time for the party to find the member and check the member as well. [I think this could be apply for clan invitation as well]

18 минут назад, -Xtharvind- сказал:

a mission that require a good player such as sortie or arbitration

Sortie does not require good player. Sortie requires decent weapons. And at least some brains.

22 минуты назад, -Xtharvind- сказал:

end up join the squad with first timer who doesn't know how to do the mission properly or taking the warframe which is inappropriate for the type of mission which then force those veteran or serious players to quit the mission.

Those are not veterans, those are entitled elitist crybabies. Or just high mr leachers. Cause people I count as a veteran are most likely capable of just carry full squad of first-timers through sortie on their own without even noticing anything is off. Also wrong frame for sorties is basically non-existent, unless you try to run unmodded loki without using abilities or dodging.

In terms of arbitrations variations are possible. If a first-timer/newb/whatever is willing to at least try to contribute to the mission, I have no problems with them being in a party and probably being dead most of the time. If they ask questions, want to improve and sticking to the team, then not being the most awesome player in the team is ok. Not like they have any chance to improve by running easy content. Same applies to eidolons and profit taker btw.

Run stuff with your clan or just use the recruiting chat. Yes, I know reading recruiting is hard, but filters are there for a reason.

1 hour ago, Darth_Predator said:

Those are not veterans, those are entitled elitist crybabies. Or just high mr leachers. Cause people I count as a veteran are most likely capable of just carry full squad of first-timers through sortie on their own without even noticing anything is off.

So much this. I also refuse to call anyone a Veteran that refuses to help or even play with new players.

1 hour ago, Darth_Predator said:

If they ask questions, want to improve and sticking to the team, then not being the most awesome player in the team is ok.

Absolutely! I really think that if you want to only run missions with high level players with optimal loadout, you should recruit people or join a clan/alliance. Pubs are for casual play.

23 hours ago, -Xtharvind- said:

1) Mastery Rank: It might be a controversial topic about the mastery rank and how good the player actually is.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but MR very vaguely expresses a player's skill.

I've met MR15 that are oh so good, and MR26 that are terrible players.

I see the point in what you say, and agree with you, however MR is a bad way of telling how good a player is, in my experience, mayb in-game hours would be a bit more reliable.