(PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

Discussion on updates and true damage

How would you feel if warframe dedicated 1 update or some timeframe a year to nothing but small bug fixes with the major bugs and glitches being fixed in normal updates or hotfixes?

Then i have another burning question which is how would you feel if more abilities in warframe started to deal a percent of "true damage" that is gaurnteed to always eliminate a satisfying portion of enemys heath and shield? For example, Atlas's rumblers be able to always take out atleast 15% of enemy's health no matter what level the enemy is. This doesnt count for bosses, assassins, and some high defense enemies like infested juggernauts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Grand, Fantastic, Superb, Good, Outstanding, Phenomenal...

But unlikely.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I would feel it unnecessary.. They already fix most known bugs as quickly as I've seen any devs do it.. I dont see the point of dedicating specific times for small bug fixes. Nor can I think of any crucial small bugs that deserve such an exercise..As it is, there are 2-3 small hotfixes right after every update to fix bugs in them. I dont think I'd want or need more of those.

• Upvote 3

Thats literally all I want them to do....

You know what happened yesterday ? 

I was doing Sanctuary Onslaught with Lamp Shade Head and naturally some jack ass who was our host decided bail out at zone 1... so basically typical Warframe Friday....

And then After the host Migration I found myself in an entirely different Group at Zone 4 with all the XP I made in Zone 1 Gone.....

In another Onslaught before that When it was time to jump into the next zone.... the game kept Booting my back to the same zone 3 times before kicking me out all together. 

These Bugs are getting out of hand....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the responses! I see a lot of fus here and their about warframe bugs and i just became a little curious on how bad it is because i dont experience many that upset me.

More responses are still welcome on that question, i just wanted to say that I've added another question. Ive been trying to come up with warframe ideas and i feel like i need to add some sort of gaurnteed ability damage satisfaction no matter what the enemy level is to make the warframes really cool. I feel like it would offer more unique ways to combat extremely high level enemies with your favorite warframes which seems pretty fun

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I was doing Sanctuary Onslaught with Lamp Shade Head and naturally some jack ass who was our host decided bail out at zone 1... so basically typical Warframe Friday....

And then After the host Migration I found myself in an entirely different Group at Zone 4 with all the XP I made in Zone 1 Gone.....

In another Onslaught before that When it was time to jump into the next zone.... the game kept Booting my back to the same zone 3 times before kicking me out all together. 

These Bugs are getting out of hand....

I would say that is not a bug to be honest. As frustrating as host migrations are, theyre merely something caused by the peer-to-peer host system that Warframe utilizes. I can understand they cant afford dedicated servers and so that is something we'll have to live with. They could improve the algorithm that does the migration and does match making again but having worked in Networking before for a brief time, I cannot think of much improvements to the kind of system they have and the playerbase that exists, each with connections ranging from great or questionably bad.

• Like 1

Its a pretty buggy mess on ps4.  

Hunting bugs

Relic popping bugs - huge issue

squad being split up bugs

jordas golem bugs

PoE bounty bugs

OV bounty bugs

Scanner quick swap bug - pretty major

Data mass and aim glide...they fixed this mostly?  But I was doing syndicate missions last night and put game into solo mode and I started dropping data mass any time I used aim glide.  Went back into group play later and could aim glide without dropping lol.   

Loss of archwing controls when you have tranq rifle out  (cant just ascend/descend)

Having to turn in sentient cores one click at a time,  not a bug, but a huge quality of life issue.  

And thats just what I can remember off the top of my head.  Im sure there are a ton of other things I run into everyday.  Things I put into the ps4 bug section that never get addressed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Percentage based damage in Warframe doesn't work and will just feed to the nonsense of people pushing for endurance runs as an excuse for difficulty. It'll be useless in the lower levels where there are a 100 and 1 ways to kill an enemy as opposed to hitting it for 15% of its health. In the mid-levels, it would be really ineffective as there are still plenty of guns that will deal much more damage. It really only gets value in the extreme levels where everything does so little damage that 15% is 15 million EHP worth. You see this with Covert Lethality in that it's pretty much redundant and pointless outside of the extreme levels where it completely spoils the purpose of the scaling.

We don't need mechanics for a game that we were never intended to win.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

We don't need mechanics for a game that we were never intended to win

Well said. I still like the challenge it could open up, but none the less youre right

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arkennstar said:

I would feel it unnecessary.. They already fix most known bugs as quickly as I've seen any devs do it.. I dont see the point of dedicating specific times for small bug fixes. Nor can I think of any crucial small bugs that deserve such an exercise..As it is, there are 2-3 small hotfixes right after every update to fix bugs in them. I dont think I'd want or need more of those.

Host migration, transference gear lock out buggery, Bad Pet A.I., Archwings suddenly want to constantly go upwards and boost not working at all despite having a new controller, The lazy walk bug where soon as you close chat in some instances, you suddenly start walking in a random direction(not controller based since again, new controller), Bosses such as Hemocyte/Lephantis wanting to not open up thar mouths for a extended period of time, etc.

Do not even get me started on the QoL improvements that are getting quite a must have NECESSITY to relics, fissures, endless mission long-term rewards, kuva survival, Mod loadouts & plenty of warframes that could really use it MUCH sooner then just being for LATER.

TL;DR: There are plenty of things that need to get looked at which d.e. should just spend an entire 3 to 6 months on those to get warframe in a much better state then what its been stuck in for quite a long while.

This is not even addressing the market+trade system/moderation/chat systems either.

Edited by Avienas

20 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Host migration, transference gear lock out buggery, Bad Pet A.I., Archwings suddenly want to constantly go upwards and boost not working at all despite having a new controller, The lazy walk bug where soon as you close chat in some instances, you suddenly start walking in a random direction(not controller based since again, new controller), Bosses such as Hemocyte/Lephantis wanting to not open up thar mouths for a extended period of time, etc.

Do not even get me started on the QoL improvements that are getting quite a must have NECESSITY to relics, fissures, endless mission long-term rewards, kuva survival, Mod loadouts & plenty of warframes that could really use it MUCH sooner then just being for LATER.

TL;DR: There are plenty of things that need to get looked at which d.e. should just spend an entire 3 to 6 months on those to get warframe in a much better state then what its been stuck in for quite a long while.

This is not even addressing the market+trade system/moderation/chat systems either.

Out of everything you mentioned, I've only ever gotten the host migration issue repeatedly. And as I said before, its safe to say its not a bug but just a shortcoming.

The other bugs are rare, cannot be replicated by any specific conditions that reliably cause it. So they cannot just magically fix them. They did fix the transference one and I for one havent gotten it since. The bad pet AI.. well I dunno if thats a bug or just imperfect design issue. 

All in all, bugs, by definition : error, flaw, failure or fault in a game or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways, are for the most part known and being attempted to be fixed. Atleast thats what I'd expect from the known bugs list as well as the ones being attempted to be fixed. I would personally say that there are no game breaking bugs in there at the moment and the other ones are rare. So I still do not see the need for a special bug fix effort.

2 hours ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

How would you feel if warframe dedicated 1 update or some timeframe a year to nothing but small bug fixes with the major bugs and glitches being fixed in normal updates or hotfixes?

i would quite happily have no new frames or weapons or even content for a whole year if we could just have the things that exist already working properly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Then i have another burning question which is how would you feel if more abilities in warframe started to deal a percent of "true damage" that is gaurnteed to always eliminate a satisfying portion of enemys heath and shield? For example, Atlas's rumblers be able to always take out atleast 15% of enemy's health no matter what level the enemy is. This doesnt count for bosses, assassins, and some high defense enemies like infested juggernauts.

The abilities able to deal true damage  require high level of strength. This means probably you will need to sacrifice your survivability and efficiency to get decent levels of damage. Take Ash, yes it's first abilities with augmented mod is pretty powerful but you will not able to survive  on long survivals...

3 hours ago, Arkennstar said:

Out of everything you mentioned, I've only ever gotten the host migration issue repeatedly. And as I said before, its safe to say its not a bug but just a shortcoming.

The other bugs are rare, cannot be replicated by any specific conditions that reliably cause it. So they cannot just magically fix them. They did fix the transference one and I for one havent gotten it since. The bad pet AI.. well I dunno if thats a bug or just imperfect design issue. 

All in all, bugs, by definition : error, flaw, failure or fault in a game or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways, are for the most part known and being attempted to be fixed. Atleast thats what I'd expect from the known bugs list as well as the ones being attempted to be fixed. I would personally say that there are no game breaking bugs in there at the moment and the other ones are rare. So I still do not see the need for a special bug fix effort.

Thats just some of it, with a good deal of it just being annoying frustrations. The archwing part seems to happen to me rather too often when i do long term bounty farmings in either open world while i could just be on market chat or talking with the clan on the orbiter, it suddenly wants to do that lazy things where i have to close out the game and re open it to fix either of those instances.

Plenty of other issues DO exist, its just that those i mentioned are rather noticeable. Bad pet A.I. is the same as Specter A.I., unless it has a massive damage roid like how celestial twins & Duality does, most A.I. based allies are just garbage in general outside of maybe some passive effects you tacked on to them that has nothing to do with them doing anything, just it procs automatically, like vaccum or charm. If we are going to have to slap mods on just for the pet to be able to do actions like stun a enemy, attack multiple enemies at once or something else, they really need to get those things to be more consistently useful or just plain merge them into one mod so its not taking up so much mod bench space, where removing them is just going to make the pet even more useless, even with maul & bite on to give it REASONABLE damage stats.

10 hours ago, Avienas said:

Plenty of other issues DO exist, its just that those i mentioned are rather noticeable. Bad pet A.I. is the same as Specter A.I., unless it has a massive damage roid like how celestial twins & Duality does, most A.I. based allies are just garbage in general outside of maybe some passive effects you tacked on to them that has nothing to do with them doing anything, just it procs automatically, like vaccum or charm. If we are going to have to slap mods on just for the pet to be able to do actions like stun a enemy, attack multiple enemies at once or something else, they really need to get those things to be more consistently useful or just plain merge them into one mod so its not taking up so much mod bench space, where removing them is just going to make the pet even more useless, even with maul & bite on to give it REASONABLE damage stats.

Pets arent really meant for damage in this game. Not beyond the low-mid star chart levels. They, along with sentinels are more powerful as utility, gathering loot for you, stripping enemy armor, giving you buffs, debuffing enemies, crowd control, etc etc. And they're quite good at that job. Basically staying alive by your side and helping you kill enemies faster. 

I think I remember a year they did mostly that and heard many cries of Content Drought that same year...

Must be a coincidence.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arkennstar said:

Pets arent really meant for damage in this game. Not beyond the low-mid star chart levels. They, along with sentinels are more powerful as utility, gathering loot for you, stripping enemy armor, giving you buffs, debuffing enemies, crowd control, etc etc. And they're quite good at that job. Basically staying alive by your side and helping you kill enemies faster. 

The fact damage mods & `weapons` for pets existing is kind of useless in that regard then. They would need a redesign to apply useful effects that actually impact instead, especially sentinel/moa weapons having gimmicks tied to them innately would benefit them greatly, since a rather piss poor status proc chance to maybe apply 1 or 2 status effects at a lack-luster rate does next to nothing. At best you could set it up to apply some status effects for a Condition overload build, but usually you do not need much more past 2 to 3 stacks to just instant melt the majority of normal mobs you blaze thru. With only the recent cheese of stacking a bunch of certain set mods on the sentinel weapon giving a cheese method to make use of it on primary guns.

Plus there is a difference between doing a good job and not having variety to work with. Single target stuns & armor strips do not matter much when you already cover those on your own weapons(or Aura) or melt enemies so extremely fast, probably only moas have a smidgeon of good cc with some chunky CD mods that can disable maybe a bare few enemies at a time, With only Cat`s eye & Charm making kavats stand out better thanks to Fetch killing the excuse on why to use sentinels over them (Which for the most part is using Carrier for his ammo mutation mod for ammo eating guns such as the recently released quatz). Kubrows do not even have much say so in use with maybe just Helminth charger being the only `kubrow` who could have enough beef and cc to be best doggo to use if you wanted to use a kubrow.

I do not expect pets to be as strong as warframes, but i would like them to provide more then just 1 or 2 unique reasons to use them over another, it would certainly help if certain mods worked better for certain warframes and even if you say X pet has a unique mod you can get from say, Simaris, in most cases, they are just like most warframe augments, useless in practically any situation and maybe only 5% or less of them, having extremely nichie uses.

1 hour ago, Avienas said:

The fact damage mods & `weapons` for pets existing is kind of useless in that regard then.

There are +zoom mods for guns and punchthrough and magazine size or ammo max.. theyre arent used in almost any builds. Not the optimum builds anyways. Doesnt mean theyre useless. Not everything has to be for the top tier builds. For example you could use Maul+Bite on pets and at low level missions they can clear maps for you while you look for resources or syndicate medallions whatever. If every mod or precept ever in existence was solely for optimizing or minmaxing it'd take most of the fun out of the game.

I just feel that just about every kind of companion, atleast one in each category is usable enough thanks to its precepts or otherwise use for utility. Helios for lazy scanning, Carrier for spray and pray, adarza crit, smeeta charm, chesa desecrate, moa hacking or cc.. I dont feel that they need to also be destruction machines or beasts along with that. Theyre "companions".. theyre there to assist :) 

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

they did mostly that and heard many cries of Content Drought that same year.

They did 1 update for small bug fixes? 

34 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

They did 1 update for small bug fixes? 

No, it was called "year of quality". Most of the time they went back to fix things or add QoL changes. It was... 2017? I think? But I remember it was a year with almost no content.

Also, a dedicated update for bugfixes is not a good idea when I think about it.

You want to squash the bug as soon as it appears, not wait to drop a big one to fix a lot of things at once. Specially since we know other things have an habit to break when DE fixes something.