Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thermia Fractures Operational Supply and Bounty

N1TR0SS

TLDR

Repeating stuff about the Thermia Fractures event that still causes problems for players. Suggesting a copy/paste of Plague Star reward structure and bounty.

It's been a recurring topic almost every time the it comes back up that the Thermia Fractures event's reward structure needs to be looked at.

As it stands, there is no incentive to redo the event aside from farming Diluted Thermia to trigger the Exploiter Orb fight and the already collected rewards just clutter the navigation UI in your Orbiter.

It's also been noted that a specific queue / bounty for doing fractures would help matchmaking a lot rather than rely on recruit chat or luck when entering free roam.

Since none of these points have been addressed yet, I thought I would put them up again with some suggestions of my own.

Rewards: Operational Supply syndicate

As with the Operation: Plague Star that runs on the Plains of Eidolon, the rewards for closing Thermia Fractures could be given through an Operational Supply pseudo syndicate.

Give it more ranks so that the current rewards can be obtained at rank up and add rewards similar to those in Plague Star, such as: Toroids (Plague Star offers Cetus Wisps), refined rare gems (Star Amarast, Radiant Zodian and Marquise Thyst), built Forma and other rare materials like servo fish or gravimag parts.

This could also be another place to get the Helminth Charger Strain set mods and a chance to introduce new kit gun parts (Thermia "gunk" shot, like a Nox's attack but heat based?).

Matchmaking: Bounty at Eudico (Solaris United)

This one is simple. We got a bounty from Eudico for the Exploiter Orb in the Vox Solaris back room, she should be giving one to seal the Thermia Fractures along with her regular ones at her spot near the elevator. After all, she gives us a long speech about how important it is to close the fractures when the event is active; it would make sense for her to have a queue for the event just like Konzu has for Plague Star.

Navigation UI: Show global Thermia Fracture status and bonuses

With the Operational Supply reward structure, you would no longer need to show personal progress in the navigation UI. Instead, you could put the focus on the global event progress.

And with the bounty offering a queue for the event, clicking it in the navigation UI should put you in the same queue.

Older topics on the subject

Spoiler

Edited by NITR055

On 2019-08-10 at 11:11 PM, NITR055 said:

It's also been noted that a specific queue / bounty for doing fractures would help matchmaking a lot rather than rely on recruit chat or luck when entering free roam.

Matchmaking: Bounty at Eudico (Solaris United)

This one is simple. We got a bounty from Eudico for the Exploiter Orb in the Vox Solaris back room, she should be giving one to seal the Thermia Fractures along with her regular ones at her spot near the elevator. After all, she gives us a long speech about how important it is to close the fractures when the event is active; it would make sense for her to have a queue for the event just like Konzu has for Plague Star.

Yes, please! This event is so damn frustrating! I try queuing from the orbiter using the tab and what do I get? People fishing, mining, or just completed some bounty. I'm not exaggerating by saying this happens 9 times out of 10. I sh*t you not, it really does and it just makes me log off after failing to put me with groups so many times. It's so damn aggravating!

The plains has a bounty and so should this one. It only needs a couple of stages. 1. Collect cannisters. 2. Drop and defend.