Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo in Arbitration

Ok so we had an arbitration excavation. I was Vauban cause extra strength why not. and we had a Limbo. they just dropped Cat and afk so nothing really was getting done but in this kind of discovered some neat stuff only available in arbitration. The Drone knocks everyone out of the rift. but obviously can't effect you or the power itself. it just makes others immune to it. so after a little big of trying to think of how to kill stuff realized I can just slip into operator and shoot the drones (I have a 333 amp) doing a surprising amount of damage and destroying them pretty quickly which then would drop everyone into the cataclysm. unfortunately after limbo died and we revived him once he went to the exit after only 2 rewards and everyone followed him but it was a neat idea that took a quick second to figure out. I'm curious if there's any other frames that can have little combos like this in arbitrations? Though Limbo might be a special case and that's fine. just curious.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I just wish the drones would deactivate abilities as soon as they touch them.

Damn limbos.

Most people are already running nothing but tank frames in arbitrations. That would make the remaining casters even more useless then they already are. Limbo can add an interesting and useful twist to any missions, but most players are too stupid to realize it.

• Like 1

That's what I've been doing. Cast 4 and 2 while keeping an eye out for drones, which are usually obvious thanks to the aura they give off and the moving enemies inside the bubble at which point I switch to my operator to take it out.

As for combo's, it depends on what you mean exactly. 

Warframe abilities tend to be able to hit targets outside Limbo's 4 while inside. For example Ivara's 4th passes through the bubble meaning you don't have to rely on her invisibility allowing you to add more damage to her 4th.

Harrow can be built to provide 100s to over 1000 on a headshot worth of energy so he goes really well with ability spammers. All you have to do is build up your 3rd for a bit then get the odd kill before letting the nukers lose.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

And I'm sure by "twist" you mean unintended invulnerability and removing all interaction between ai and players. 

Then sure.

Enemy AI in this game is so bad anyway.
They crouch for cover with their whole body and head exposed.
They run right up to you, then strafe back and forth slowly shooting at you.

Like, what point are you trying to make?

Warframe isn't Overwatch grandmaster level. It's a PvE mass shooter with overpowered characters that wipe maps. If you want Warframe you play Warframe. If you want Overwatch go play Overwatch.

Edited by uAir

Oh, no... Limbo is just slow in defenses and excavations. And he really, really has a bad time against Corpus. I know he has a funky interaction and all, but it just takes longer to have stuff done. 

I vote for a 'I don't want to see a Limbo.'  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

And I'm sure by "twist" you mean unintended invulnerability and removing all interaction between ai and players in a large area not requiring LoS. 

Then sure.

There is no interaction to be had to begin with the artificial idiocy a.k.a. AI of Warframe.

7 hours ago, uAir said:

Warframe isn't Overwatch grandmaster level. It's a PvE mass shooter with overpowered characters that wipe maps. If you want Warframe you play Warframe. If you want Overwatch go play Overwatch.

And Overwatch isn't really a competitive Esport game (like they try to market and claim)... Also don't know why you even mention Overwatch here.

Overwatch is the only game I know of that balances the game based on how much people yell and complain. They've nerfed heroes into the ground and keep buffing people's favorites.

To say that Overwatch takes more skill is a joke... Although it's getting closer to COD everyday.

12 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

And Overwatch isn't really a competitive Esport game (like they try to market and claim)... Also don't know why you even mention Overwatch here.

Overwatch is the only game I know of that balances the game based on how much people yell and complain. They've nerfed heroes into the ground and keep buffing people's favorites.

To say that Overwatch takes more skill is a joke... Although it's getting closer to COD everyday.

Instead fortnite is on Esport level...There are no serious esport games since Unreal tournaments or quake.

Edited by bibmobello

I had two limbo players in a infested excavate arbitration. Boy was that annoying. Neither of the limbo even try to kill enemies for power cells. I was rhino trying to shoot those drones only to find out can't hurt them in the rift. Yeah even went operator to kill them, but the limbo didn't bother doing anything else but afk in their rifts. I ran out on the first reward which was a adaptation mod. Took us 5 minutes to get the first reward.

12 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I just wish the drones would deactivate abilities as soon as they touch them.

Damn limbos.

So basically you want to force people to run as nidus/inaros? Its enought with nullifiers already and you know, its fun to use abilities at not be lock down 24/7

10 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I had two limbo players in a infested excavate arbitration. Boy was that annoying. Neither of the limbo even try to kill enemies for power cells. I was rhino trying to shoot those drones only to find out can't hurt them in the rift. Yeah even went operator to kill them, but the limbo didn't bother doing anything else but afk in their rifts. I ran out on the first reward which was a adaptation mod. Took us 5 minutes to get the first reward.

While those 2 limbos are idiots, if i were to get a rhinos in arbi excavation, i would treat u no different from the idiotic limbos as rhino brings nothing to an arbi excavation.