Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cache Bounties

MekaDovah

I find myself endlessly frustrated by these. Despite following every tip I could find, these things continue to prove near impossible to find within the time limit. I'm so sick of them I would happily take the option to just disable them off of bounty rotation forever.

I'm frustrated with the fact that a methodical search isn't revealing anything, that loot radar keeps detecting nothing but irrelevant garbage (and has too short a range to begin with), and that the sound they make is so quiet I have to turn everything up too loud just to hear it or otherwise already be on top of them to hear them.

And honestly, sabotage caches aren't much better. More than once loot radar had me thinking they were appearing in rooms I flat out can't access which is just plain cheating.

This hide and seek is not fun and I've failed at them enough times that I don't want to do them anymore and don't want them getting in the way of everything else. I'm not interested in more tips. I just want these things either made more adjustable or gone completely.

• Like 1

Here is one tip. Equip Loot Radar, Animal Instinct (on your pet/moa/sentinel) and Thief. And listen to the sound of those caches. When you get close to them they emit high pitched buzzing sound same as Caches in Reactor Sabotage or Rare Containers.

On 2019-08-10 at 5:49 PM, MekaDovah said:

I find myself endlessly frustrated by these. Despite following every tip I could find, these things continue to prove near impossible to find within the time limit. I'm so sick of them I would happily take the option to just disable them off of bounty rotation forever.

As above Animal Instinct should be enough but you can stack the others. The only thing to be aware of is that loot radar is capped at 12m vertically so if DE decide to drop a cache on top of a mushroom (like the last one I did) it might now show up.

I follow the outer edge of the yellow circle on my map as the circle reduces over time to help you zero in on them and if the circle isn't shrinking then the edge is on a cache so look on the mushrooms.

On 2019-08-10 at 5:49 PM, MekaDovah said:

And honestly, sabotage caches aren't much better. More than once loot radar had me thinking they were appearing in rooms I flat out can't access which is just plain cheating.

They don't appear in places you can't get to but there are lots of secret areas and certainly the Grineer and Corpus ships need very good knowledge of the map to find them sometimes. If a Nightwave challenge comes up for caches I take my Ignis Wraith to the sab on earth and hose the place to break the crates. Anything left on the radar is a cache and there aren't many hidey holes on this map. The two exceptions are the middle door on the turbines and the waterfall, both are covered in the thread below.

Absolutely no one liked this nofun task in Plains. And what did DE do? Not only they reused it in Fortuna, but made it even worse - now caches are in the multi-storied mazes of corpus bases. 

Wanna make a bet that in the next world you will have same tedious uncreative bounties with caches everyone hates, just in new decorations?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Monolake said:

Absolutely no one liked this nofun task in Plains. And what did DE do? Not only they reused it in Fortuna, but made it even worse - now caches are in the multi-storied mazes of corpus bases. 

Wanna make a bet that in the next world you will have same tedious uncreative bounties with caches everyone hates, just in new decorations?

I quite enjoy them, and so do other people. They're the easiest of the bounties to do. Your claim is invalid.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I quite enjoy them, and so do other people. They're the easiest of the bounties to do. Your claim is invalid.

Ok you'll be the first I see say that. Its' been so bad and the complaints were so massive they had to change Plains caches mechanics to zone marker auto-zooming on them after a while so people wouldn't miss the last one. Yet they made a worse version of this unfun task in Fortuna. And there is no choice to avoid this type of bounty (which is another overall problem with bounties design and one of reasons people dislike them)

Edited by Monolake