Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tatsu slide melee not working as intended (?) possible bug

Ziser

Most of you viewing this expects its about the weapons gimmick but thats not it.

All melee weapons change your momentums direction upon executing a slide melee wherever it is on ground or in-air, but tatsu is missing this part.

Heres a clip showing how every melee weapon behaves while executing slide melee in air to change momentum direction, it behaves the same on ground, changing your direction of momentum following your aim.

KyRUOYT.gif

Heres a clip where i am using Tatsu to execute same actions.

ewsQg6O.gif

Tatsu just seam to miss this feature.

I tested with following melees: Skana Prime, Glaive Prime, Mios, Arca Titron, Gram Prime, Scoliac, Sheev, Sarpa, Fang prime.

I assume this is the same for all melees apart from Tatsu, it has been like this from day one of Tatsus release. Some clarity whatever this is intended as we move into melee 3.0 or if this is just indeed a bug and could possibly be fixed would be awesome.

The melee slide in-air can be a big part for momentumstacking and soaring through maps and tilesets as it allows you to change direction in-air if you miss a doorway right after you bulletjumped or executed a bulletjump + double-jump + rolldodge which locks you from most other movment actions in air as you keep going into whatever direction youre currently going in. I know this since i do this a lot and since i started liking Tatsu this really hurts.

Would love to hear if anything could be done for this.

Edited by Ziser
Typo
  • Like 1

Slightly unrelated to the original topic, but does the ground execution for the Tatsu ever land for you? whenever I use melee on a knocked over enemy with the Tatsu it always seems to miss and hit the ground the to the left of the target.

Edited by Axe603

No, the ground finnisher on enemies lands wrong 8 out of 10 times and deals no damage. They are changing the finnisher system to a universal wristblade later on so i did not adress the ground finnisher matter due to it probebly being resolved with the new system. They showed the wristblade in the Empyrean update with the kuva lich so we could see that new finnisher as early as then. Its a valid point though.

I usually execute a ground slam on grounded enemies for maximum fatality.

Edited by Ziser