Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There needs to be a way to get a little tiny plat by playing.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

I mean I'm talking even a single plat per week or something. Maybe you could get 2 or 3 plat for completing all the week's nightwave bounties? I feel like DE can afford to allow players to earn enough plat to buy a booster or something small once in a while. I don't know how, but having to get plat through trading or buying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Does anybody agree or am I crazy?

No you are not crazy .. well ok a little bit

For Devs Platinum is an income to support those that made certain systems .. like forma . warframe slots etc ..

Everything that you buy with platinum will support Devs economical

Devs gives us free stuff for exchange 

I dont think devs will ever do this 

As this is an second income for Developers next to your play time

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I mean I'm talking even a single plat per week or something. Maybe you could get 2 or 3 plat for completing all the week's nightwave bounties? I feel like DE can afford to allow players to earn enough plat to buy a booster or something small once in a while. I don't know how, but having to get plat through trading or buying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

you are correct that it would only be enough to buy a booster, but we already get those from daily login rewards. in case you didn't know, the duration of the booster scales with how many days you've logged in. for me currently, boosters are 26 hours and i've heard about people who have them for over 48 hours from how often they play. Plus being able to trade the premium currency of a completely free game is way more than most games would even attempt and really fits DE's whole belief of warframe should be a game that anyone can play and get everything regardless of their income.

Play relic fissures and/or sorties, or grind any item of some worth to other players, trade said item on the community market (increasing player interactivity and stimulating the in-game marketplace), acquire platinum without spending a dime on the game yourself.  This functions because ultimately, all of the platinum(tradeable plat, that is) acquired this way was paid for by someone at some time, and when it is expended on the market for a syandana or whatever by whoever finally uses it in that way it goes away just as it would have if the original purchaser had used it.

If there's a better way to handle a premium currency without subsequently devaluing it over time, I couldn't think of it.

If there were a stream of platinum coming into the game that was not generated by users purchasing it or DE knowingly giving it away as they do in streams, it would slowly decrease the value of anyone purchasing platinum the way it is currently handled.  If said platinum generated through gameplay was not tradeable, it would still do the same just the longer an individual plays rather than to the economy as a whole.

I have to ask on a personal note, why does trading "leave a bad taste" in your mouth, what's wrong with it?

• Like 2

This would be an absolutely terrible idea on DE's part. Platinum sales are how they make money. Why on earth would they give it to everyone for free, even in small amounts? They give plenty of content away as it is, and now you're asking them to give premium currency away regularly as well? Why? Trading is already an easy way to make Platinum. If you don't have anything that people want to buy, work toward getting something that people want to buy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metal_Izanagi said:

This would be an absolutely terrible idea on DE's part. Platinum sales are how they make money. Why on earth would they give it to everyone for free, even in small amounts? They give plenty of content away as it is, and now you're asking them to give premium currency away regularly as well? Why? Trading is already an easy way to make Platinum. If you don't have anything that people want to buy, work toward getting something that people want to buy.

I don't want random content drops from live streams. I want decent, merit based rewards.

42 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I don't want random content drops from live streams. I want decent, merit based rewards.

Farming Mods, Relics, Prime Parts is a very fast way to earn Plat in game without DE handing out Plat for free automatically.  Or you can buy Plat like me and many others. It’s either time or Plat. Very fair for free to play model. 

9 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Farming Mods, Relics, Prime Parts is a very fast way to earn Plat in game without DE handing out Plat for free automatically.  Or you can buy Plat like me and many others. It’s either time or Plat. Very fair for free to play model. 

I just don't really wanna play "Market Simulator year 10,000 edition". I don't really like the amount of time that takes. There's no merit involved... It's just boring farming. 

Edite: I'd rather spend less time doing something harder for better rewards; is what trying to say.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I just don't really wanna play "Market Simulator year 10,000 edition". I don't really like the amount of time that takes. There's no merit involved... It's just boring farming. 

Edite: I'd rather spend less time doing something harder for better rewards; is what trying to say.

Here you go. Just go buy that Plat. Other players will farm the items for you to buy. It's free to choose either time or buy that Plat but don't expect to get plat for free automatically. You sound more like "want based" instead of "merit based". 
If you want to spend less time to get more rewards, (I asssume you actually mean Plat given the context) it's not going to be Plat sending straight to your account. DE, the developer, also need income to develop more contents for you and everyone. So the current model is very fair. That you demand free plat delivered to your account is just very lazy and unfair to the system. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Here you go. Just go buy that Plat. Other players will farm the items for you to buy. It's free to choose either time or buy that Plat but don't expect to get plat for free automatically. You sound more like "want based" instead of "merit based". 
If you want to spend less time to get more rewards, (I asssume you actually mean Plat given the context) it's not going to be Plat sending straight to your account. DE, the developer, also need income to develop more contents for you and everyone. So the current model is very fair. That you demand free plat delivered to your account is just very lazy and unfair to the system. 

No I mean there should be something that's harder that gives better items for trading. But then I'm just another person asking for endgame arnt I? 

• Like 1

go run relics and trade.  if you know what you"re doing, trading for 1000p straight proffit a day (not counting rivens) is not a big deal.  if you don't, theN you probably need to invest time and research how to get there.  pro tip:  it's not rocket science.

to be clear:  it is not hard.  you don't succeed in this area because you are impatient and refuse to invest your time wisely.

you will continue to fail in this area until you learn how to manage your time more effectively.  if you think and insist you're managing your time effectively, then clearly you have other priorities besides making plat, at which point you have only yourself to blame.  it's not wrong to have other priorities, but your priorities are your choice.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

Tbh that would just create an unnecessary inflation problem. 

There are two ways to handle a premium currency correctly:

- make it grindable

- make it tradable 

The two are generally mutually exclusive because of inflation. 

You can technically gain far more than a measly 2-10 plat per week as a new player even, by running 1:1 fissures like defence and interception (where your relic total doesn't decrease basically) and selling the parts as scrap primes once every two weeks. 

Do mind also that the mpst bullS#&$ of DE monetisation, slots, is now being integrated into nightwave so there's less of a need for plat even when starting off. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

That'd decrease the value of your plat though. 

Trading prime junk a handful of times a fortnight will more than give us enough to buy a couple of slots. And in the mean time you'll be building up sets that you can sell quickly at reasonable prices. No fuss, no muss. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That'd decrease the value of your plat though. 

Trading prime junk a handful of times a fortnight will more than give us enough to buy a couple of slots. And in the mean time you'll be building up sets that you can sell quickly at reasonable prices. No fuss, no muss. 

but what if i want to put in zero effort and just have everything right now?  why doesn't de let me have what i want for free in a free game?!?!?!

4 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

There needs to be a way to get a little tiny plat by playing.

There is. 
It's called selling/trading prime parts/mods. 😁

Sass aside; I'd have to formerly disagree. 
As others have already pointed out; Warframe is a f2p game, and the devs already make a lot of content and features that are free to their players. They don't ask or beg for money, nor do they shove micro-transactions & lootboxes down our throats at every corner. 

• When there was a new "expansion" to the game, we got it for free. No paid dlc or pre-order for expansions.
  • When there's a new event, all the rewards from the event were obtainable ingame, and not behind some paid pass.
  • When the Nightwave (which is essentially a Battlepass system) was implemented, we got it for free. No rewards were exclusive/withheld by having to pay for the "premium ticket"
  • When dojo (and decorations in general) got a massive overhaul, assets from Grineer, Corpus, Orokin, and Tenno themes were given to us to build/create with for free. Not behind "model packs".
  • They hand out free stuff in their streams. Both plat, but also free items just by coming by and watching their stream.

The devs continue to believe in the mantra of an honest f2p system, and not seeing their players as money sponges, but as actual people. 
While I get your intentions are well-intended, I truly believe if you need plat to expand inv/warframe slots, then either spending the time to trade/sell for it or spend a few bucks to get the plat you need is more than suitable for both players who don't/can't buy plat, and those that don't mind giving the developers some money for their efforts.

11 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

but what if i want to put in zero effort and just have everything right now?  why doesn't de let me have what i want for free in a free game?!?!?!

To be fair, your plat is already lower in value than ours from what I have seen. Most of us on console already have to pay to play. But we don't have the bad plat to worry about, which is nice. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

To be fair, your plat is already lower in value than ours from what I have seen. Most of us on console already have to pay to play. But we don't have the bad plat to worry about, which is nice. 

i wouldn't know.  console stuff doesn't exist in my world.  to be fair though, that means it should be even easier to get the stuff you want on console, why is op griping?  

13 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

i wouldn't know.  console stuff doesn't exist in my world.  to be fair though, that means it should be even easier to get the stuff you want on console, why is op griping?  

No. Our market prices are the same as yours, but trading prices are usually lower. So for example, prime junk is half the price, and people who try to sell rivens for thousands often get laughed at. 

Remember our discounts only affect a single non-bundled purchase, so no huge purchases of plat are incoming for most console Tenno.