Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot attack / use abilities / invulnerable

shimmyx

As you can see on this video, I'm unable to get out of the 4th ability, im stuck as invulnerable, cannot use any ability or weapon. It randomly unstuck me after entering one of these yellow or blue enemy shells that disable your abilities I think, that unstuck me but even after i couldn't use my primary and my weapon wouldn't reload

This also happened to me on Titania, after using the 4 ability, and some other frames were i'm basically unable to attack at all, same for Limbo, Trin, I think it's more of a 'generic' issue, rather than a frame specific.

Also, I was not using a secondary weapon equipped at all, and sometimes if only 1 weapon, after scanning you are totally unable to go back to it no matter if you press switch Gun or switch weapon, or if you use any abilities

I can imagine getting stuck in an invulnerable state being quite bothersome.  If a nullifier is able to cancel that, take advantage of that next time it happens. Let yourself get downed, and burn a revive.

I've had to burn at least two revives before due to some glitched state where I was locked out of weapons and abilities.

Do you realise that that only works when against Corpus? Grineer or infested don't have cancel abilities that can get you out of state. I'm reporting a bug, not looking for an immediate solution, just want the tech team to be able to see it so they can troubleshoot and get a fix deployed.

I cannot reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

Additionally, it helps devs/bugtesters by having the FPS data showing at the bottom of the screen (turned on in settings), as it shows the most critical aspect; ping. The only times I have encountered abilities getting stuck in such a way is when either my connection or the host is having severe latency spikes, usually upwards of 1600ms. Having that setting toggled on would at least help narrow down the actual cause. I only know this because I actually induce lag at times to test the limits of the game for bug reports I submit.

Hello, thanks Tweep and Vaeldious for your replies, It hasn't happened since Monday night, If it happens again  I'll try to gather more data. 

@Vaeldious If by the FPS data you mean the 'Show FPS' in options, will do next time. I have a 600/600 MB connection through optical fiber so I don't think the internet on my end would be the problem. while I was playing the game did not feel laggy at all, note that when other hosts have bad connections it feels really laggy, but as shown in the video, abilities, shots, and such were displayed just fine on my screen, no lag / delay at all.

Again, thanks for a useful reply, will keep that in mind for the future 👍

On 2019-08-14 at 3:04 PM, shimmyx said:

If by the FPS data you mean the 'Show FPS' in options, will do next time. I have a 600/600 MB connection through optical fiber so I don't think the internet on my end would be the problem.👍

That's the one. Regardless of your connection, since Warframe is Peer-to-Peer, it simply could be caused by the host or someone with potato internet (ie dial up, long distance routing, or variable cell phone connections like 3g/4g/lte) in your squad causing it. If you find that it occurs fairly frequently, you can always adjust your Ping Limiter (in options as well) to filter out most match-making above certain latency. The only time I try to connect with other players with > 300ms ping, is usually in trades or otherwise "small" environments like a dojo, which seems to eliminate the vast majority of the instances of desync and latency for me. Feel free to tinker with it and find your own "sweet spot" though, as too narrow of a requirement can exclude a lot of uncommon missions for squad-play.

This happened to me twice since yesterday.
I think it is related to hosts with high ping spikes, since it only occured to me when people had missions with 60ms ping jumping up to 300ms every few seconds.
Adjusting the ping limiter isn't helpful on this. Mine is on 100ms

0LBvCAP.jpg

Edited by Neko.o

so, this can also happen in normal missions... as for now, i only had those problems during eidolon hunts when getting knocked down right after switching back from operator to frame... it's repeatable but not easy to time (also, i already posted it in the bug section in the last 12 months...)

the end result of the glitch can be different (as maybe even the root of them is) and goes from being invulnerable but still being able to run (but not sprint) and also use the weapons equipt (in some cases i even could switch to operator mode back and forth, still using the map but no frame abilities anymore) to wired stuff like being able to do everything but having your camera fixed in one direction (or worse, stucked in one place while you can run out of th ecam-view from there...). some times dying or jumping into the water (anything that force-teleport might do the trick too) helps solving the problem, sometimes not (especially dying if one ends up invulnerable ^^) what also helped me quite often but ofc is only usfull on the plains or the valis, is switching to the AW via bound key - though occasionally not even that...

i suspect the main problem comes from a bad timing of interrupted animations coupled with bad host connections (since i never had this whenever i was the host). like someone above already said, especially those player who hosting via those damnable wireless connections like 3G, 4G and likely the new 5G standard too provide a whole lot of wired problems in the game... and since more and more people uses this kind of uplink, those problems also arrises in warframe more often than some years back.

at this point i'm afraid DE can't or won't do anything about it since they can't force the players to use only the 'good' connection methods like DSL and cabel-modem for playing and likely won't be able to make the way of data correlation between the host and the clients more reliable (keep in mind warframe is a p2p-type of multiplayer game and uses UDP instead of TCP for the transport of data packets...). what they could do is sniffing those wonky user out before they get to be promoted to host - it might not be perfect and will likely make matchmaking take longer (again - we had this in the past, i think) but short of giving every user the option to opt-out of being a host or better yet a real, fully configurable lobby-system whith all necessary information and settings, this might be the only way they can improve the problem... or, they won't do anything and let it be as it is (which is my guess, they will do).