Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If enemies are buffed?

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

Where does that "I want to change warframe into destiny" come from?

Because Destiny works somehow like that. Fewer enemies with more tactical approach to them. Without changing warframe into basically destiny you cant have that on the account of our power here. No amount of AI fixes will solve this "issue" because they will just die or be annoying to deal with and nothing more. Its like asking for smarter enemies in Diablo.

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

woosh

Look dude, do you really think I'm trying to complain about taking credit for frags here?

My point is that why would you have a game of 4 players, where 1 player erases all of the enemies and leaves the remaining 3 with absolutely nothing to do.

Edited by VentiGlondi
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 844448 said:

Let's say these are some buffs on grineer and corpus I'm going to suggest to DE

1. Running speed is doubled (or made to be as fast as Garesh on dog days)

2. Now they hide behind cover completely, leaving no body parts exposed

3. They react better when behind cover, quickly retreat to cover when damaged

4. They put suppressing fire, laying down a bullet hell on you while some moves around to surround you

5. Grenades are more often to flush you out

6. They now have improved blind fire, only having the weapons visible instead of a bit of their arm exposed

7. Accuracy is greatly increased, damage is tuned to make it "fair enough"

8. Enemies now have range awareness, retreating to a distance where your skills don't hit them and have rough calculation to stay away from your ability range. Combat range where they open fire is increased

Don't worry, press 4 to win will still viable, just need to approach them instead of waiting them to come to you

1. I'd be fine with this for some units, might make those melee units actually threatening.

2. Fine

3. Depending on how it's handled fine, otherwise if it's a tanky enemy might be there longer than necessary (so squish enemies hide and tanky ones don't).

4. Teamwork, in warframe? I like the idea, not sure if it would work though.

5. 50/50 - I  get the idea, but I don't like how much scaling damage they do. 

6. Only if I can shoot the weapon from them effectively disabling it and they go melee (like loki disarm).

7. Depending how it's handled sure, I think one of the main reasons why accuracy is lacking is to give the feeling that you're dodging gunfire, aka - a badass trope.

8. Maybe in higher level stuff (those one or two game modes that would actually need teamwork I keep talking about). But not for general play, that would just be annoying.

I think it would be neat if we had that slower pace that 'used to exist' for Warframe when it first started. Then DE could be creative and have wombo-combo duo frame abilities that create a super ability. That would be really cool. Zephyr + hydroid for deadly waterspouts that rain loot, or octavia + hydroid for a fun "slow effect" (water droplets floating mid-air and falling/rising slowly) slowing the enemy/killing them. Many different fun combos could be had depending on augments and abilities. Then if it's received well possibly added to the rest of the game (it would be exclusive to this game-type for its initial addition). 

*shrug*

I think if Warframe is going to be in it's current state they need to stop advertising it as a teamwork game. Every trailer with more than one frame in it has them working together for a goal, when in reality that isn't necessary. Hell, in interception/defense players are running around to kill stuff because they already killed everything in their 'sector'.

And for those of us advocating for a balance change, why not add a new game type (or revamp/facelift an old one) and experiment with balance there? Then when you find an acceptable amount, do a vote, see what players like/dislike and go from there. It's a bit cheesy (vote system etc) but you'd get more responses.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kainosh said:

You guys asking for "challenge" and different enemy scaling....And AI improvements do both of these things.....and you be like "Nay".  Eh?

I'm not, mate. I'm here to play Warframe, not Destiny, not Dark Souls, not any other game. I love Warframe the way it is. I'm here to be a god, game delivers on that. You won't see me asking for all of that because all of that goes against everything I love about this game. So, blame someone else. We're not a hivemind here, I'm allowed to have my own opinion that contradicts the loud minority that asks for Warframe to be a different game altogether.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'm here to play Warframe, not Destiny, not Dark Souls, not any other game.

That again....  Why do you even bring up Destiny....Its not any harder than Warframe...Easier even. And you also play as a "god" of sorts....Just like in any other looter shooter. 

Darks souls are completely different genre and noone ever said that it should be like "souls".

OP was talking about Rathuum like enemy "speed". More actions per second. Faster reaction time. Better reloading timing. All that stuff that would make em look like actual soldiers.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'm here to be a god

Slightly stronger enemies can prevent you from being one? No. They cant. We already got several batches of stronger enemies....and you still play...and still feel like a god, no?  Becaue you got warframes and nothing gonna change that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kuciol said:

Because Destiny works somehow like that. Fewer enemies with more tactical approach to them. Without changing warframe into basically destiny you cant have that on the account of our power here. No amount of AI fixes will solve this "issue" because they will just die or be annoying to deal with and nothing more. Its like asking for smarter enemies in Diablo.

I did say pressing 4 still works didn't I? If you want to kill them fast you still can. It's just slight increase in speed and improve their cover so what's the problem? It's a slight improvement for those who like to play the game slowly like me as an example

5 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

Look dude, do you really think I'm trying to complain about taking credit for frags here?

My point is that why would you have a game of 4 players, where 1 player erases all of the enemies and leaves the remaining 3 with absolutely nothing to do.

are you really sure about remaining 3 with absolutely nothing to do? Having 1 player erasing all of the enemies doesn't mean you can't race with that one player killing enemies, I'm racing in kills against mesa, volt and saryn and I'm doing fine

2 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

stuff that would make em look like actual soldiers

Except Grineer are genetically degenerate clones that are sent out to battle as soon as they leave the test tubes, Corpus are trades, and Infested are mindless drones. None of them are properly trained soldiers, and therefore they behave as they should currently.

3 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

No. They cant.

Yes, they can. Nox ain't enjoyable to fight. Lech Krill ain't enjoyable to fight. Bursas ain't enjoyable to fight. Elite Orb Vallis solders ain't enjoyable to fight. Oversized spiders ain't enjoyable to fight. They all make you feel like you've suddenly lost all your powers and you're playing Generic Shooter #8664. I am not here for that. I'm here to Dynasty Warriors/EDF my way through fools. Simple.

5 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Why do you even bring up Destiny....Its not any harder than Warframe...Easier even.

We've played different games apparently. Destiny 2 is harder and more annoying thanks to the countless bullet sponges in the game. Not fun. Not easy.

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

I did say pressing 4 still works didn't I? If you want to kill them fast you still can. It's just slight increase in speed and improve their cover so what's the problem? It's a slight improvement for those who like to play the game slowly like me as an example

Because its a waste of time? In 99% of cases those changes will be irrelevant and this 1% will be annoying af. 

22 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Because its a waste of time? In 99% of cases those changes will be irrelevant and this 1% will be annoying af. 

It's not really a problem then having enemies slightly faster or take cover better because it's irrelevant, you wouldn't realize it

11 hours ago, 844448 said:

Eh, I prefer this "no balance" because it's fun seeing enemies die with one tap, showing how far my power has progressed than being balanced so hard that you hardly have choices

Assuming you see your enemy since we kill at such a ridiculously fast pace and range. I frankly don't care much just to see numbers wrack up on a stats screen, that isn't satisfaction to me, I prefer fun and dynamic content, group play, and things that just overall stimulate my mind and leave me engaged enough to warrant being here. Mindlessly rolling through enemies without thought just makes things feel tedious rather than entertaining, doing the same handful of activities on a loop without any variance in mental engagement.

That said, how do you feel this situation promotes variance and power progression? By the very nature of our every tool being so incredibly over powered the progression of difficulty and in turn the progression of our power growth stagnates pretty fast, every enemy is paper to us from start to finish, getting stronger doesn't really affect how we interact with enemies or handle them, one shot with 10k damage or a one shot with 100k damage is no difference to the gameplay experience so what makes you feel that growth? Just looking at the numbers? And for choice, haven't we seen entirely play categories become rendered irrelevant as a result of our balance state? CC has fully dropped off a viable means of engagement, that's less choice, supports have become more niche than ever, less choice, enemy design has become far more limiting with CC spam, stage based conflicts, and a healthy number of immunity mechanics, that's less choice, so what about this situation is adding to our pool of options gameplay wise you feel? 

20 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Assuming you see your enemy since we kill at such a ridiculously fast pace and range. I frankly don't care much just to see numbers wrack up on a stats screen, that isn't satisfaction to me, I prefer fun and dynamic content, group play, and things that just overall stimulate my mind and leave me engaged enough to warrant being here. Mindlessly rolling through enemies without thought just makes things feel tedious rather than entertaining, doing the same handful of activities on a loop without any variance in mental engagement.

That said, how do you feel this situation promotes variance and power progression? By the very nature of our every tool being so incredibly over powered the progression of difficulty and in turn the progression of our power growth stagnates pretty fast, every enemy is paper to us from start to finish, getting stronger doesn't really affect how we interact with enemies or handle them, one shot with 10k damage or a one shot with 100k damage is no difference to the gameplay experience so what makes you feel that growth? Just looking at the numbers? And for choice, haven't we seen entirely play categories become rendered irrelevant as a result of our balance state? CC has fully dropped off a viable means of engagement, that's less choice, supports have become more niche than ever, less choice, enemy design has become far more limiting with CC spam, stage based conflicts, and a healthy number of immunity mechanics, that's less choice, so what about this situation is adding to our pool of options gameplay wise you feel? 

What makes feel that growth? Seeing how my damage number goes from merely two digits to five or six digits, along with higher enemies that I can take down faster

Now, I want to ask, what do you use to deal 10k to 100k? Even with chroma I'm still dealing only 4k per bullet so is it an exaggeration, riven build, or memeing strike?

It is entirely relevant. If everyone is throwing invisible grenades a lot more frequently and with no beeping sounds and Penta Rangers become common Corpus units outside of Archwing, everyone will die a lot more, mobile defense/defense missions will also fail more, more extractors will explode.

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

It's not really a problem then having enemies slightly faster or take cover better because it's irrelevant, you wouldn't realize it

But its still a waste of dev time that could be used elsewhere like fixing a bug.   

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

But its still a waste of dev time that could be used elsewhere like fixing a bug.   

not a waste when enemies can be seen to be faster than before across all level, take cover more often instead of standing in the open and employ better combat

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

not a waste when enemies can be seen to be faster than before across all level, take cover more often instead of standing in the open and employ better combat

But we already established that those changes are for the most part irrelevant because we will mow down thousands of them anyway and when they will be relevant they will be just annoying. You want a change that will affect like 0.1% of people dude.