Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoints STILL BROKEN AF

Xonerix

Don't know exactly where to post this, UI bugs? animation Bugs? Mission Bugs? I see them everywhere...
Anyway, the objective way-points, extraction way-points are all very buggy, glitch-ish and broken in general, not working as intended. When is DE going to fix it? It's been months now since they've been so broken.
First of all what I noticed personally, is that the way-points update only if you land in the room/area (it means if you glide through the room not touching the ground, path-finding doesn't register that you already entered that room and doesn't show where to go next WTF is this BullS***) I think this is exactly why pathfinding / objective waypoints are so broken right now...  Why does it update only when you're grounded?
Also, sometimes they show completely wrong directions on where to go, leading to dead-ends, then you have to track back the path you came from and find where to go next yourself.

I also constantly get waypoints turning me back because I fly through doorways.

Also the 3D waypoint doesn't agree with the minimap waypoint, sometimes the minimap shows the correct way but even minimap shows wrong sometimes.

In some rare cases the game just gives up showing me room-by-room waypoints and shows me the objective or extraction directly. This sometimes happens at the start of the level to everyone as it was apparent that nobody knew where to go.

Edited by HunterDigi

I can attest to consistently experiencing all of the aforementioned issues. I especially love the situation HunterDigi explained above, where the room-by-room waypoints give up and the marker appears some 2000m away. Instead of going to your next mission, you get to search for extraction for 10 minutes in the mission you've already completed. How exciting!

The waypoint system has never worked correctly. Some of the issues date back at least 4 years, spanning many alleged "fixes" and regressions.

Edited by TiberiumFusion

21 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

In some rare cases the game just gives up showing me room-by-room waypoints and shows me the objective or extraction directly. This sometimes happens at the start of the level to everyone as it was apparent that nobody knew where to go.

Yes 🙄, i've been in these situations quite a lot recently myself. 
>Starting the mission, and it just shows the objective a few kilometers away, so I have to guess, waste my time and backtrack where to go myself. lmao

Hello yet again, got more.
This is probably annoying everyone who comes across this tileset room. Always points in the wrong direction, pointing me to take an elevator when I don't even need it.
Did the people who re-designed and broke the waypoint system from before how it used to be, forgot that this game is about Ninjas that can parkour and glide?
All these screenshots speak for themselves.:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0686b0848c714911

img%5D

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0686b0848c714911

gUJtNBw.jpg

Edited by Xonerix

Tried to glide, parkour through the map without touching the floor, but it seems it's impossible, because the objective waypoints are broken AF.

https://imgur.com/a/gEQh7dA
This confirms my very First claim in the First post:

On 2019-08-11 at 12:06 PM, Xonerix said:

First of all what I noticed personally, is that the way-points update only if you land in the room/area (it means if you glide through the room not touching the ground, path-finding doesn't register that you already entered that room and doesn't show where to go next)

First Screenshot 1BwfzOI.jpg

Second screenshot rhdpDP1.jpg

Third screenshot NZMdOk8.jpg

Fourth screenshot xRFtl4R.jpg

Edited by Xonerix
Added a link of all the screenshots for reference

• 3 weeks later...