Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThumpumGood

Zenistar Stance - ANSWERED

Question

I've heard rumors that one of the stance mods helps release the disk quicker. Is that true and if so, which one?

16 answers to this question

Idk about stances, but Amalgam Organ Shatter does it. But I believe Zeni is mostly status, so I don't think it's much worth the hassle.

The zenistar disc can wipe out level 100+ enemy and if you use with Ivara you can guide it around the map slowing down to kill a group then move on to next, also using it with Mirage you can put out 5 discs while you clones are active, once they expire the disc drops back to one disc, if you recast your clones and throw out the disc the one disc will be replaced with 4 discs, so imo the zenistar is an awesome weapon I use it a lot 🙂.

The Zenith is fun to play with but I like the zenistar better and also when the disc is out the damage type of the handle changes read up here on the Zenistar  and it in itself can kill quite easily so you sort of have two weapons in one. 🙂

edit: To add I use the Cleaving Whirlwind stance to cut back on the animation time it dribbles through to throw it. I also run Primed Reach (makes the disc larger) and Primed Fury and Condition overload as Mandatory mods if you don't have the Primed ones the normal mods will do the job.

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I mean... is there a specific reason you want to release quicker ?

Have you used the Zenistar? The disk "throw" is a LONG animation. It's akin to the length of time it takes to whip out your archgun.

23 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Cleaving Whirlwind or Rending Crane will release the Disc faster than Tempo due to the first attack for Tempo having a hit x2 animation.

As a side note they both make it easier to control while running and throwing since the charge up is one single animation motion. After you get used to the timer the charge speed doesn't matter much past Fury / Primed Fury. You can time it using the Icon to throw the disc again the moment it returns to you with no delay.

Thank you. That's EXACTLY what I was looking for!

1 minute ago, ThumpumGood said:

Have you used the Zenistar? The disk "throw" is a LONG animation. It's akin to the length of time it takes to whip out your archgun.

Nope.... I picked the Zenith Like A Moron.... 😞

Just now, Lutesque said:

Nope.... I picked the Zenith Like A Moron.... 😞

Need em both for MR so not moronic.

On 2019-08-12 at 6:13 AM, Slayer-. said:

I'm the same I'm MR 27 and like messing with unique fun weapons as well, some weapons players find to be stupid or lack firepower. It gets boring going into everything with a Meta gun.

Hence the reason I still have a sonicor 😃

2 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Hence the reason I still have a sonicor 😃

Yep I still use it as well, I have a lot of kept weapons I use for fun.

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Im MR 23.... I have no need to get more... 

I just want unique fun weapons 😞

I'm the same I'm MR 27 and like messing with unique fun weapons as well, some weapons players find to be stupid or lack firepower. It gets boring going into everything with a Meta gun.

39 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

with Mirage you can put out 5 discs while you clones are active, once they expire the disc drops back to one disc, if you recast your clones and throw out the disc the one disc will be replaced with 4 discs, so imo the zenistar is an awesome weapon I use it a lot 🙂

Unfortunately her clones don't use the modified disc values. The extra damage is minimal but the CC area is nice though long as the Disc now works with Condition Overload for some reason it improves the main Disc damage a good amount long as the enemy doesn't get stuck in fire status CC outside it's range which is likely.

5 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Unfortunately her clones don't use the modified disc values. The extra damage is minimal but the CC area is nice though long as the Disc now works with Condition Overload for some reason it improves the main Disc damage a good amount long as the enemy doesn't get stuck in fire status CC outside it's range which is likely.

It's awesome to see it work in CC mode with this mod also equipped  Spring Loaded Blade on it radius is insane. 

I also use it with the zakti or pox sometimes to increase the elements on the enemies to ramp up the damage of Condition Overload.

From the Wiki

6 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

From the Wiki

Yea it didn't work before the melee 2.9 changes and it's likely a bug since the Disc is not technically a melee weapon.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Idk about stances, but Amalgam Organ Shatter does it. But I believe Zeni is mostly status, so I don't think it's much worth the hassle.

Agreed but had heard so I was curious. If true, even a little bit faster release would be awesome.

4 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

Need em both for MR so not moronic.

Im MR 23.... I have no need to get more... 

I just want unique fun weapons 😞

2 часа назад, Lutesque сказал:

Well, if he does ask...

Cleaving Whirlwind or Rending Crane will release the Disc faster than Tempo due to the first attack for Tempo having a hit x2 animation.

As a side note they both make it easier to control while running and throwing since the charge up is one single animation motion. After you get used to the timer the charge speed doesn't matter much past Fury / Primed Fury. You can time it using the Icon to throw the disc again the moment it returns to you with no delay.