Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha's Universe Ring as melee weapon?

thebrendon

Wouldn't be cool if you didn't have a melee weapon equipped for Nezha, he would use the Universe Ring? Garuda uses her talons as her melee weapon if she doesn't have one equipped. My friends and I think Nezha would feel more complete if this was the case. I'm sure many people would be very happy if this were to happen, I know I would. Any thoughts?

• Like 3

I'd be fine with with it. Anyone not fine with it could just, you know, equip a melee as per usual.

The problem I have with glaives, which I'm sure his chakram would fall under, is their awful reach, just like other shorter weapons. I would just resort to using polearms anyway.

On 2019-08-12 at 1:20 AM, thebrendon said:

Wouldn't be cool if you didn't have a melee weapon equipped for Nezha, he would use the Universe Ring? Garuda uses her talons as her melee weapon if she doesn't have one equipped. My friends and I think Nezha would feel more complete if this was the case. I'm sure many people would be very happy if this were to happen, I know I would. Any thoughts?

Yes

11 hours ago, Wolfchild07 said:

I'd be fine with with it. Anyone not fine with it could just, you know, equip a melee as per usual.

The problem I have with glaives, which I'm sure his chakram would fall under, is their awful reach, just like other shorter weapons. I would just resort to using polearms anyway.

The problem with that is that if DE gives another frame it’s own innate melee weapon then they have to give every frame an innate weapon. And it’ll get to the point where we have all these innate weapons that no one uses because they’re all terrible because if they were great then what would be the point of making other weapons outside of MR fodder.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The problem with that is that if DE gives another frame it’s own innate melee weapon then they have to give every frame an innate weapon. And it’ll get to the point where we have all these innate weapons that no one uses because they’re all terrible because if they were great then what would be the point of making other weapons outside of MR fodder.

Couldn't be further from the truth.  This would only apply for frames with a melee weapon that exists as part of their design or abilities.  Garuda's talons, Ash's arm blades, Khora's whip, Garuda's glass blade... I'm sure there's more I'm not considering.  Pretty sure any other frame could allow sparring and fist stances barehanded if DE wanted to.

i don't see any issue with this as long as it's not exalted since the frame doesn't need it as he's already pretty darn good, like with garuda, it has really no main impact on the frame and serves a niche crowd and that's super important 🙂

Edited by Klokwerkaos

5 hours ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

Couldn't be further from the truth.  This would only apply for frames with a melee weapon that exists as part of their design or abilities.  Garuda's talons, Ash's arm blades, Khora's whip, Garuda's glass blade... I'm sure there's more I'm not considering.  Pretty sure any other frame could allow sparring and fist stances barehanded if DE wanted to.

If only one frame gets innate/back-up weapons, some players would think Garuda is just getting special treatment. All of her abilities involve her special claws, like Khora (but she does have her her exalted pet) so why wouldn't she have a back-up whip as well. It makes sense that it didn't occur to them on older frames, like Ash, but now that they are adding that hidden blade like multi-tool, his blades are not as special as they used to be if they are being used to hack and kill Kuva Liches like all the other frames. Such an integral part of Ash is now being added to the other frames, so it would make sense for him to get those hidden blades as a back-up weapon. For a unique added affect, he should be able to use them for finishers instead of his equipped melee at least, or give them lethal damage, while treating them like dual dagger.

Nezha getting this treatment doesn't really make sense, since the ring is less of a melee weapon, and more of a tool. Sure a magical tool, but more for protection and utility than for offense.

Edited by TaurusDeRoma