Jump to content
(XB1)Oddity92

Limbo's Cataclysm: Stops working in Arbitration missions?

Recommended Posts

I was just in an arbitration defence match using Limbo and for the first few rounds my Cataclysm ability worked fine.

However after maybe the third or fourth wave of enemies, my cataclysm just refused to stay up.

I would activate it and it would appear, but for only a second or two. My build gives it a duration of about a minute, but despite that it would simply stop and vanish right after I try to use it. I then tried to activate it multiple times but still nothing came of it.

Can anyone please explain to me why this happens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would not use Limbo in Arbitrations since there are the Arbitration Drones. Their shield link renders all enemies immune to damage and abilities. You are hindering the team. Other than that, there could be a Nullifier near by.

Edited by Duality52
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really depends on a lot of things, the drones themselves should have had zero effect on the bubble. In fact they make the bubble even more effective for defense because the defense target is counted as out of phase but the drones keep the effected enemy units in phase even when they are "in" the bubble.

If I was to wager a guess based on things you haven't listed my guess would be that you where going against Corpus and the bubble was extending into some area of the map that was being effected by a nullifier that was yeeting it out of existence about as fast as you could cast it. That said, that is a best guess because there really isn't much to go on other than "it suddenly stopped working right"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both good responses, thank you.

I understand Duality52 that Limbo's abilities are often considered a hinderance to other players. I too have fallen victim to "fire and forget" types of Limbo users who disregard their teammates. However knowing this I avoid causing such issues as best I can.

As for hindering the team when I play as Limbo, I either play entirely solo to avoid such situations or ensure to deactivate my 4th ability whenever the Arbitration Drones appear if I am with teammates. Plus given how I have a max range build on my Limbo, my cataclysm generally covers the majority of the map. I also communicate with my teammates quite well and usually team up with AOE Warframe users who bring things like Ember, Equinox or Gara and we then co-ordinate using their 4th abilities to clear the map incredibly quickly. Usually we can clear waves in around 50-60 seconds or so, depending on how quickly the enemies spawn.

As for Nullifiers;

Whenever I use Limbo on a defence mission, like this time in Arbitration, there are not usually any present when I activate my Cataclysm. I activate/ re-activate it whenever a round has ended so any nullifiers that spawn should already be within the radius of my cataclysm and be affected by my stasis ability before they have the opportunity to grow their negating field bubble. (Unless it is a large tile set, in which this time it wasn't the case.) Plus with having a long duration means I can put it up and it'll only shrink at a snail's pace, so none are left outside of my Cataclysm long enough to become unfrozen and grow their bubble.

Based on your responses I am inclined to think it was a case of it "suddenly stopped working" as it was indeed quite sudden. It was working for a few rounds this time and then it just wasn't. When compared to previous defence missions against the Corpus faction, this is something I have never experienced until just now. 

I suppose I'll just put it down to a random freak of nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, (XB1)Oddity92 said:

I activate/ re-activate it whenever a round has ended so any nullifiers that spawn should already be within the radius of my cataclysm and be affected by my stasis ability before they have the opportunity to grow their negating field bubble.

Thats not How Nullifiers Work.... 

If a Nullifier is alive... Stasis or not.... It will reactivate its Bubble immediately disabling any ability effecting it....

Frost can't Freeze them... Atlast Can't Petrify them... Gara can't Vitrify them.... 

The only way to stop a nullifier from nullifying S#&$ with out killing it would be to destroy the Device its lugging around.... ethier by landing a single headshot that destroys the device but doesn't kill the crew men.... or By Destroying the drone hovering on the outside of the bubble.... 

Or you can use Neutralising Justice on The Miter....

 

Edit...

BTW yes Limbo's Rift shenanigans do get bugged sometimes. Yesterday... for whatever reason The enemies could damage my pet despite the fact it was in the rift.... but they couldn't damage me....

Edited by Lutesque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found that if you have two Limbos in a group they can at least mess with the visual timer for his abilities.  Stasis seems most prone to it.  Stasis will still be running, but the timer will disappear.  This never seems to happen if I'm the only Limbo in the group.  So yeah, Limbo's abilities can just be a bit buggy sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

I've found that if you have two Limbos in a group they can at least mess with the visual timer for his abilities.  Stasis seems most prone to it.  Stasis will still be running, but the timer will disappear.  This never seems to happen if I'm the only Limbo in the group.  So yeah, Limbo's abilities can just be a bit buggy sometimes.

Stasis combos with other Limbo's Stasis. Lets say your Limbo has 10 seconds left while mine has 20, enemies inside your Cataclysm will remain frozen until mine runs out. On the other hand if I was to manually stop my ability early it also stops your's. As a result we could have one of us build for range while the other does duration and use one Cataclysm or we can take it in turns to Stasis making the ability's use never end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please never use limbo in arbitrations. His rift is ignored by enemies attached by the drones, so unless you leave the rift you cannot damage them. I have no issue with limbo EXCEPT when he’s in arbitrations. Then he is actually detrimental 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

Stasis combos with other Limbo's Stasis. Lets say your Limbo has 10 seconds left while mine has 20, enemies inside your Cataclysm will remain frozen until mine runs out. On the other hand if I was to manually stop my ability early it also stops your's. As a result we could have one of us build for range while the other does duration and use one Cataclysm or we can take it in turns to Stasis making the ability's use never end.

Sure, but my timer is disappearing with 20+ seconds on it.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Please never use limbo in arbitrations. His rift is ignored by enemies attached by the drones, so unless you leave the rift you cannot damage them. I have no issue with limbo EXCEPT when he’s in arbitrations. Then he is actually detrimental 

Use your operator.  Since the operator is also unaffected by abilities, you can use them to attack enemies outside the rift.
Of course, if your Limbo is smart, then they'll be doing this themselves.

Edited by (PS4)Lollybomb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

 

Use your operator.  Since the operator is also unaffected by abilities, you can use them to attack enemies outside the rift.
Of course, if your Limbo is smart, then they'll be doing this themselves.

The operator damage is far from enough to reliable remove arbi drones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Sure, but my timer is disappearing with 20+ seconds on it.

Which means the other Limbo stopped their Stasis thus stopping your's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...