Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The less popular NW challenges

VanFanel1980mx

Of the ones we still have, I’m not a fan of the forma one or the 9 invasion missions. The forma one is the same reason as everyone else. The 9 invasion one would be fine if it was an elite weekly instead of a weekly. Is it hard? No. It just takes a while and doesn’t make sense that it should award the same standing as “do 3 capture missions” or “do 3 spy missions.” It takes as much time/effort as the crack 10 relics mission, so it makes sense for it to be the same tier.

Most of the others I’m fine with after the addition of the catch-up mechanic.

I kind of wish we had more weird ones like the index one or half hour kuva survival without life support ones. I like the funky challenges they give provided they aren’t a huge time investment.

5 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

The 9 invasion one would be fine if it was an elite weekly instead of a weekly

that is no reason for something to be an elite weekly that's 3 invasion nodes you do. For it to be an elite weekly you'd have to do an invasion 30 times for that week to make up for it's lack of inherent challenge as well as the fact you get rewarded from doing the invasions

9 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

For K-Drive races I just want the display bug to be fixed so I can see which ones are active each time I enter.

There's no bug afaik. If you have the default board you just won't see the races. You have to have a custom board to see them. So you have to build (or buy) it.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

There's no bug afaik. If you have the default board you just won't see the races. You have to have a custom board to see them. So you have to build (or buy) it.

Vicious cycle, want to see the races? make a board, want to make a board? racing gives you standing faster, want standing? go to k-drive racing.

The only real annoying one at this point that you almost need a squad for is the index one where you win 3 wagers in a row without opposing team scoring.  Everything else is piss easy at this point, finished all the weeklies for this week in under 2 and a half hours.  Especially if they removed the gilding challenge and forma 3x challenge.  Socketing ayatans could be a little annoying if you still don't have a maxed out mod collection/you fill and turn them in regularly, but even then that challenge doesn't occur very often and can be easily skipped with you still getting to rank 30 if you're doing almost everything else.  

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

they show up with the default board, but only if you get up close.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Also, the problem I have with Simaris scans is getting less than 5 targets and having to wait 24 hours for new ones, why isn't Simaris refreshed more often? is that because he has no daily standing cap? oh wait, he does!

I didn't check before the challenge was complete though other people's daily, but you can pick a personal target on the console behind Simaris (the left one). It should work. 

On topic, not a fan of the profit taker, and having Cetus public bounties hijacked all week by people doing NW thumper and ignoring the bounty is very annoying too. 

Edited by Kaleeiv

1 hour ago, Kaleeiv said:

I didn't check before the challenge was complete though other people's daily, but you can pick a personal target on the console behind Simaris (the left one). It should work. 

On topic, not a fan of the profit taker, and having Cetus public bounties hijacked all week by people doing NW thumper and ignoring the bounty is very annoying too. 

Personal targets are a one time thing, you can't redo them later once completed, for the Thumper challenge I just go solo, start a Lv5 bounty and hunt the thumper, once killed and the challenge confirmed I just extract through the gate.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

15 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Personal targets are a one time thing, you can't redo them later once completed, for the Thumper challenge I just go solo, start a Lv5 bounty and hunt the thumper, once killed and the challenge confirmed I just extract through the gate.

ha I didn't know the synthesis personal targets didn't renew, I never finished them

I don't have a problem to kill the thumper, I had a problem farming bounty rewards because of people using public groups to kill thumpers instead of using recruit channel. And they ignore the bounty. I tried the recruit channel to make a group bounty only, but guess what, no one is looking for that in the recruit chat because there is a matchmaking feature at Konzu. Had to solo all of my T5 bounties last week to try and get an eidolon lens.

People seem to want to kill the highest possible level thumper because reasons.

1 minute ago, Kaleeiv said:

ha I didn't know the synthesis personal targets didn't renew, I never finished them

I don't have a problem to kill the thumper, I had a problem farming bounty rewards because of people using public groups to kill thumpers instead of using recruit channel. And they ignore the bounty. I tried the recruit channel to make a group bounty only, but guess what, no one is looking for that in the recruit chat because there is a matchmaking feature at Konzu. Had to solo all of my T5 bounties last week to try and get an eidolon lens.

People seem to want to kill the highest possible level thumper because reasons.

I prefer to do up to Lv3 bounties for the challenges, it would be harder to encounter Doma, if they even go for the lesser one then tough luck.

None of the challenges this season have bothered me too much. 

Only mildly irritating that Ayatans are part of the new set this week because I filled all of mine right before reset. Only challenge I didn’t finish last night.

Oh well, at least they put Kuva back in the creds shop to make up for it. 👌

Edited by EquinoxPrime

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I prefer to do up to Lv3 bounties for the challenges, it would be harder to encounter Doma, if they even go for the lesser one then tough luck.

that is not the problem, problem is that people use public as opposed to forming a private group for the challenge purpose, then they can pick whatever bounty they want, I wouldn't be thrown in their group.

I had to run about 30 bounties to get a lens, I can't possibly kill a doma thumper every time I run a public bounty.

My least favorites would I suppose have to be the ones I have skipped. Like Tusk Thumper Doma because I hate fighting the thumpers so I'm certainly not going to annoy myself by going after a high level one. Or the one involving whatever the mode is where you spend credits to play some weird point gathering game to earn more credits, because I really just never found that mode much fun.

Of the ones I have done before that I really truely disliked, The gilding which is thankfully gone, I didn't really like having to spend standing for a modular weapon just to grind it and gild it. Also didn't care for collect 10 rare mods as it relied quite heavily on RNG and unlike most of the nightwave challenges doesn't encourage me to play things in the game I might not get around to otherwise, in short it just reminded me I am grinding in a grinding game, which I don't think is a good thing.

A dishonorable mention to profit taker, but only because I lack the standing to do it, I hate content I can't even try to do, but that isn't so much the fault of challenge as it is I just can't be bothered to grind that rep very often.

Ayatan, Forma, Relic Opening and Gilding are the only ones I really dislike. Ayatan because it is just a bit annoying to have to fetch the sculptures to do it, or feel I need to hoard them for the challenge when I want the endo with limited play time to farm for endo elsewhere. Relics, I mean sure I need the prime weapons from Equinox, and the weapons and frame for Wukong, for the most part though, I am smashing relics for the sake of smashing relics. It just happens to be barely enough relics that it is annoying to feel I need to check the challenge off when I am not grinding for a new prime item. The others because they just feel like resource and crafting taxes.

I like the rest of it honestly. Sometimes having a fishing challenge is nice because when I notice that I have one and I am frustrated with other content, a relaxing fishing trip is nice, maybe I might need the resources from them for something else later. Bounties break the repetition of farming the same nodes over and over again for the specific relics/endo/power leveling for formaing. Specific game modes offer me something to do when I feel like doing a few quick runs after a long day and give a real world test to my hard forma'd weapons and frames. Heck even the Eidolons or Profit taker is a nice thing to see since it gives me a challenge to think of if any of my new toys might be able to handle well enough rather than just using my min maxed hunting builds.

The majority of challenges help break the monotony that forms once you run out of things other than ESO for vandals, relic farming and smashing for newest primes, power leveling for formaing and similar grinds that you run into once you hit what I like to call "extreme MR", which is to say, the last 5 MR levels at a given moment. So MR 22+, since anything above MR 22 likely means you're running out of new weapons to play with and new grinds to commit to but want to play the game because you enjoy it, but can't decide what to do in it. Yes even fishing, k-drive races and mining