Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The less popular NW challenges

VanFanel1980mx

The ayatan one is at the top of the list for me. it's the only one I would go out of my way to call a problem. I really dislike the gilding one, but if it's confirmed removed then whatever. Everything else I think is fine, even if I think some are annoying.

for me profittaker, the index one and the derelict vault one. the rest was actually quite ok for me this season. so happy the hour long kuva survival with friends ones are gone. but i dont get why people are so upset about the ayata one i usually find like 3-4 a week 2 today and i don't even bother with the maroo one. and stars i have thousands they are like everywhere. 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)theframpton5 said:

For me the Index challenge was most annoying. Your bots die too much if you solo it, and good luck finding a full team willing to hang around for 3 straight matches.

High-range Limbo and a Redeemer Prime. Kill everything caught in my 4's range. Pick up, like, 5-7 of the green things, then counter-attack the enemy vault through Rift Mode, watching my 2's timer along the way. Lather, rinse, repeat until I win.

Regularly shuts out the Brokers on my high risk runs. For NW, I just go for the low risk one instead. Also, you can stay for two more rounds in the same match and still get the act completion.

Hope that helps.

Edited by KnossosTNC

On 2019-08-12 at 1:01 AM, Miser_able said:

The only ones Im a not a fan of are the 3 ayatans one, and the 3 sets of 3 sabotage caches. 

Both of these for the same reason, I don't like spending ages wandering the map. 

Do sortie/arbitrations for ayatans, no need to wander anything.

Bring a catabomb Limbo to Cervantes, Earth. Easy 3 cache every time.

10 hours ago, sinnae said:

You can abandon a Simaris target mission after synthesis - it counts for the Nightwave, and doesn't count against your daily limit. 

Personal Targets also count for those who haven't done all of those already

I'm not much of a fan of any of them, as I have made abundantly clear in many other places. But I feel the worst ones are the RNG based ones, like socketing Ayatans, or finding mods. They may as well be a literal roll of the dice, since you pretty much have just as much control over the outcome as that. And they certainly aren't challenges, since they require luck, not skill, to complete.

The ones that force you to spend resources are pretty bad, too. Like using three forma, gilding something, or the double offender: socketing Ayatans. They end up simply being inventory checks, instead of challenges. And once again, skill has very little to do with completing them.

Otherwise, most of the other ones I don't like are simply personal preference. The ones that want me to do parts of the game that I don't enjoy, or have already done to death. Like opening derelict vaults, or fighting the Profit Taker. And really, this is my main problem with Nightwave altogether: the complete lack of choice. Everyone is going to like and dislike different challenges, because everyone likes doing different things. But, Nightwave is designed in such a way that it assumes everyone likes everything the same. And when a challenge comes along that you don't like? Too bad. You either suffer through it, or you miss out.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

The Index one is my least favorite. I normally prefer to play Index solo and it's too difficult to prevent the enemy team from scoring when the allied specters are as thick as two short planks.

Someone just told you the answer above doing this solo.

Limbo with duration and a bit of range means you shut the enemy team down completely. Kill enemies in your rift, pick up some points, turn them in, rinse and repeat.
Easy day.

5 hours ago, Gruiz said:

You basically dont like open world

I have an insane loading time when I enter open world, especially in a squad. So I tend to do only solo stuff that's easy to do.

Animal tracking is just lame, has nothing to do with the core game.