Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Armor Broken Or What?!

nekrojiji

So I was hit with 3 fires from a lvl 30 moa, in my HP, and I lost 250 HP on Frost.

What damage does that thing do because my shields don't take that much damage.

So if the same moa fires at my shields, they last ~10 seconds, but my HP got hit for 300 in less than 1 second. 

Ok I have almost double shieds value. But if 930 lasts ~10 sec how come 300 goes in less that 1 sec?!

I repeat, this is on Frost.

the real question is, if you were frost with 930 shields against lv 30 enemies... How did your health get damaged?

I was testing.

I intentionally left alive one single moa so I can test the damage.

Moas and corpus in general can bypass your shields with their weaponry. I've had them hit my health pool before even taking a tenth out of my shields.

The problem is not that they are getting through my shields, If I have energy they barely scratch my shield.

The problem that I noticed is that I crafted Frost for armor and "ARMOR" seems to be useless.

My main was Trinity, because she is invincible with energy, but I wanted Frost for the nightmare missions where you don't have energy (wich means shields too).

Edited by nekrojiji

I was testing.

I intentionally left alive one single moa so I can test the damage.

The problem is not that they are getting through my shields, If I have energy they barely scratch my shield.

The problem that I noticed is that I crafted Frost for armor and "ARMOR" seems to be useless.

My main was Trinity, because she is invincible with energy, but I wanted Frost for the nightmare missions where you don't have energy (wich means shields too).

Nightmare frame? Then do rhino, you'll have enough energy at the start, with streamline, to use iron skin as a temp shield. That will give you enough of a buffer to keep up the blue orbs from killing. I'm not sure which enemies would bypass your armor, but it sounds like you were in a worse spot with your shields down then you were with them up, sustaining damage from stronger/more foes. Next time, isolate a MOA and let him shoot you, and monitor the damage in a controlled way, just as a proper test.

The armor stat on frames definitely seems to be bugged.  Yesterday I was messing around in the UI with equipping Steel Fiber for Vitality, then vice versa to see how much the values were changing on the UI indicator in the bottom right of the screen.  When equipping Steel Fiber, most of the time the health amount would go down but armor would never go up.  Tried going into a low level mission with minimal shields and letting enemies just pelt me - in theory I should have been absorbing 100 points of each attack (meaning they should not have been able to even hurt me or not much, assuming I'm understanding how the armor mechanic works), but they brought my health down in smallish chunks.

What's worse/more interesting is that I did the same swap on Saryn and it seems like the UI did recognize the change and boosted my armor value, but then when I unequipped Steel Fiber again the armor value stayed boosted and my health went up.  So it is surely some kind of bug.  I just didn't bother doing enough testing to see if the bug was only in the UI or the game itself - it felt like both.

Hopefully this all gets sorted in the next big patch - after all, I assumed way back before I knew anything about this stuff that shield would be the most important tool, but then armor would follow which it does not.  It should though.

Moas and corpus in general can bypass your shields with their weaponry. I've had them hit my health pool before even taking a tenth out of my shields.

No. Just no.

Here's what really happened:

1. Your shields go down from a massive burst of Corpus lasers.

2. You see the red flash on your screen, indicating health damage.

3. Your sentinel bumps your shields back up to 100% with the Guardian mod.

4. You look at your shield/health numbers and think "dayum, what just happened?".

The only thing that can bypass your shields in this game is toxic damage from the Golem, toxic ancients and your own Torid.

not true mate, i've had my ash with 700+ shields lose a bit of them while losing hp. and then after the shields get close guardian pops.

edit: it may just be a bug, since the last patch haven't had them hit through my shields

Edited by r3dzer0