General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×
Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Canceling mission still puts me in squad.

Zyzyx9

Sometimes, when I accidentally click on a mission, it starts a timer to find a squad. But even though I know I made the mistake and I click the cancel button very quickly, it still cancels the mission but people are joining me as a squad. I bet this confuses other players that join me and they don't see a mission selected and counting down. It literally took me a second to cancel the mission but it still made people join me. This is rather annoying for me and disrespectful to other gamers. I'm reporting it as a bug because the mission is clearly canceled followed by people joining me. I think there should be like a two second delay in the countdown before it actually starts matchmaking, thus giving fast clickers like me a chance to back out without these consequence.

Edited by Zyzyx9

On 2019-08-12 at 6:12 PM, Zyzyx9 said:

Sometimes, when I accidentally click on a mission, it starts a timer to find a squad. But even though I know I made the mistake and I click the cancel button very quickly, it still cancels the mission but people are joining me as a squad. I bet this confuses other players that join me and they don't see a mission selected and counting down. It literally took me a second to cancel the mission but it still made people join me. This is rather annoying for me and disrespectful to other gamers. I'm reporting it as a bug because the mission is clearly canceled followed by people joining me. I think there should be like a two second delay in the countdown before it actually starts matchmaking, thus giving fast clickers like me a chance to back out without these consequence.

yes that ^^ and also, the mission starts too fast when there is an existing group too, I often want to go solo, but forget to check my current mode before choosing the mission, and the mission starts without delay, for yet another facepalm moment or just a quick alt-F4. (the plus side is that when it happens, at least, we're not the host)

I wish  I could pick my group mode after selecting the mission or better, have the group mode dropdown menu directly on the mission link (that would be ugly, but would keep the current amount of clicks to enter a mission) Or even just a flashy reminder of what group mode i'm currently in on the mission mouseover.

something like this?

w4Bal5H.png

A shortcut to leave the squad could be useful too, to try to remedy the OP issue quicker. Or maybe just have the cancel button cancel the mission + leave squad at the same time could do the trick?

Edited by Kaleeiv
added image