Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe And Ps4

Burufokkusu

Nvidia is supplying the PS4 with PhysX Tech even though it's all AMD hardware.........Nice to know Nvidia can do that, Even if it's not for PC's

OP: I'm using an AMD CPU and Graphics Card.......does that mean that Warframe won't run for me?

As CeePee said above, Console are PC's too.

Edited by Sgt_Bilko

No, why is it weird? It just so happens that ATI AMD has all the next gen contracts.

Besides, this game isn't made for nVIDIA, it just happens to have nVIDIA's collaboration.

As for PhysX, the PS4 will be running an extremely cut down version.

Edited by dukarriope

PhysX is an Nvidia only feature. 

Wrong. Hardware Accelerated PhysX is an Nvidia only feature. The watered down CPU/Software PhysX is available for all computers, because it executes on the CPU, not the GPU.

As for PhysX, the PS4 will be running an extremely cut down version.

This. While the PS4 will have "Hardware Accelerated" PhysX effects of the PC version of Warframe, it isn't actual hardware accelerated and as such has to be watered down (roughly 1/10th the amount of particles) in order to maintain a decent framerate. Keep in mind that the PhysX on the PS4 is executed on the CPU, not the GPU.

And before people say "Waahhh but it can be executed on AMD GPUs" know this: it cannot. AMD GPUs are not made with CUDA cores, which is a specialized type of processing architecture that incorporates specialized hardware instructions that PhysX uses. AMD GPUs simply do not have these hardware instructions, or the hardware architecture to support these instructions. Theoretically they 'could' emulate it through software, but that would be as bad of a performance hit as executing it on the CPU so it makes no difference.

Edited by Letter13

Computers have AMD processors and GFX cards too.

PS4 architecture is the same as PC. No, it's not odd.

I guess what I actually meant was that it seems a little odd to me that the game was made with a collabetation with NVidia and now is being released on an AMD platform.

Nvidia is supplying the PS4 with PhysX Tech even though it's all AMD hardware.........Nice to know Nvidia can do that, Even if it's not for PC's

OP: I'm using an AMD CPU and Graphics Card.......does that mean that Warframe won't run for me?

As CeePee said above, Console are PC's too.

I never said Warframe would not work on systems without NVidia hardware. I know a console is a PC as well. It has all the components a normal coumputer has as well, a graphics card, cpu, some sort of memory drive, motherboard, ect. I have an AMD CPU as well, and I love it.

Edited by Burufokkusu