Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the worst frame in the game right now ?

ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE

Hmmm trying really hard to think of a frame that I just wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole even if I was paid to do so. 

Most of the frames I don't like boil down to the way people play them not so much the frame itself. The biggest offender there not being popular scapegoat Saryn but actually popular slidie boi Nezha... because so many people seem to Firewalker clear to the other side of the map which outright tanks affinity for the rest of the group. That said the few times I've played Nezha I've enjoyed the Frame Soooo. 

I guess my number one worst frame in Warframe are other players playing poorly. 

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

How is zephyr worst? Are you forgetting that her 3rd ability avoids like 95% of incoming enemy bullets? 

It’s a good tanking ability and imo her best ability just two problems 

1- Mesa’s shatter shield does practically the same thing as her 3  but better cuz it’s blocks all enemy attacks not just most enemy attacks. And it requires more investment, you need range or else the block will be directional and duration to well, increase the duration of turbulence. While Mesa only needs duration and a little strength .

2 - there are better tanks in warframe , not sayings it’s bad just there are better options 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE said:

I would say zephyr is the worst IMO 

because there’s nothing she can do that any other frame can’t , and no , tailwind and divebomb don’t count as there mostly just gimmicks. I know she’s fun but these are just my points.

Just Curious....

How does Not being Unique make a frame bad....?

What sort if criteria are you using ? 

Need I remind you that even PreWork Wukong could do some S#&$ that other frames couldn't.... yet he was still considered bad....

Why ? 

Because he was useless,  not because he wasn't unique. 

Zephyr.... believe it or not.... isn't useless....I mean shes not The Swiss Army Knife of Warframe but she does benefit mission objectives better than Some frames can....

2 hours ago, MSEP1 said:

I think you and I have different definitions of “worst.” Zephyr is ok/good at a lot of things. Most are done better by other frames, but having all of them lumped in one frame isn’t bad.

I personally think Atlas is probably one of the worst. His 1 is not very good when you need it be, his 2 is only ok, his 3 makes enemies harder to kill, and his 4 doesn’t really do anything worthwhile. His tanking passive isn’t very good either.

(I question all this Octavia hate popping up. She kind of makes everything a joke.)

I was talking about worst as in nothing to offer over any other frame . But if you me talking about not very useful in much of the content or offers little to mission completion or team play . Then yeah I agree with you on Atlas and also Titania as she’s doest have much to offer to a mission .

Also yeah dunno why Octavia is getting so much hate , she really good

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Ember dominates the star chart though. What can Nyx even do at this point?

Tank (slowly), strip armor, Shut off ancient auras, lockdown interception nodes, cc nullifiers, mess with spy vault drones, safely use explosive weapons, trivialize duration based defense objectives, protect sortie defense operatives, self buff...

...and wear her recent deluxe skin.

She can work well if you play by her rules.  I’ve has a lot of fun with her in Mot runs since chaos makes it so I never get shot. Though she definitely needs some rework love. 

Also that deluxe skin is reason enough to play her.

Did I mention her deluxe skin?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Wait for the rework, Vauban doesn't do anything you couldn't do with any other Warframe that has a basic CC.

Same could be said with other frames and yet I use them. However just looking at Vauban's abilities and stats the combo I would go for needs Duration, Range, Strength and Efficiency I draw the line at building for 3 of them.

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Just Curious....

How does Not being Unique make a frame bad....?

What sort if criteria are you using ? 

Need I remind you that even PreWork Wukong could do some S#&$ that other frames couldn't.... yet he was still considered bad....

Why ? 

Because he was useless,  not because he wasn't unique. 

Zephyr.... believe it or not.... isn't useless....I mean shes not The Swiss Army Knife of Warframe but she does benefit mission objectives better than Some frames can....

My criteria was that does the frame offer that other frames can’t .

If your talking useless frames then idk cuz every frame can atleast  do something good or ok. The closest thing to it would be nyx as she’s doesn’t really cc enemies and assimilate can be used for tanking but your slowed down to a snails pace

Again is love to hear what frame you think is the worst , it’s a discussion and there are just my points

Vauban. the only correct answer is Vauban. every other frame has a purpose and/or decent enough survivability to warrant use, Vauban has neither purpose nor survivability. Pablo, we are all hoping and praying that you will turn Booben into a mighty frame, worthy of our roster. please, do not fail us.

• Like 2

It really depends on rate the Warframes.

Worst in terms of usefulness is hard to pick mainly because each of the least popular warframes has at least one niche they can fill, and they're not the same.

Vauban? Well, still can keep enemies CC'd. Zephyr? Turbulence is a good defence tool. Ember? Accelerant isn't something to scoff at.

I'd probably use my vote on Banshee for having the absolutely worst-designed ability in the game: Soundquake. It literally takes away all of the control over your character while the effect is active.

And if you want to argue that there are other abilities that do that, such as Absorb, consider the fact that Absorb gives you an incentive to turn it off eventually, by exploding at the end. Soundquake only does something for as long as you stay put and do nothing.

9 minutes ago, ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE said:

My criteria was that does the frame offer that other frames can’t .

That's impossible at this point. There's 40 Warframes, we've been recycling abilities for years.

Edited by VentiGlondi
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Ember dominates the star chart though. What can Nyx even do at this point?

Solo interceptions, not a fan of her toolkit so i havent explored her much.

anyhow, i would say ember and vauban, they are litterly useless.

i see some people mention zephyr, octavia and titania and while those frames arent common, they can be quitr good paired in right places. Octavia is basically afk/spy frame. Titania is a decent dps frame with her 4th ability and zephyr can avoid almost all damage and with the gas redeemer+turbuling winds augment, can carry herself for quite long.

as a ember or vauban i can forget to do sorties or anything that surpasses lvl 45

1 hour ago, ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE said:

It’s a good tanking ability and imo her best ability just two problems 

1- Mesa’s shatter shield does practically the same thing as her 3  but better cuz it’s blocks all enemy attacks not just most enemy attacks. And it requires more investment, you need range or else the block will be directional and duration to well, increase the duration of turbulence. While Mesa only needs duration and a little strength .

2 - there are better tanks in warframe , not sayings it’s bad just there are better options 

So just because theres better tanks means shes the worst? I dont think you know what the word worst means. 

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Would probably have to go with Chroma. Definitely a cool concept, bad in practice though. His 1&4 desperately to be looked at since they are rather lackluster if you ask me, not only that but also doesn’t really have a real passive either. Plus they could also mix his 2&3 into one ability which would be cool since he would have a free slot for a new ability, but that’s just me.

Make the new ability be able to change elements in mission, so you can change your playstyle depending on what’s happening

4 hours ago, ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE said:

Edit : yeah ember is bad , she’s only really good for low to mid level content ( 20 and under) just at least she’s got accelerant 

Used to be level 30, before she got "reworked" (and it's not even a damn rework).

In general I'd say the worst frames, in no specific order, are Ember, Banshee, Nyx, Wukong and Vauban.

Ember because... well, she's Ember.

Banshee because she's so damn squishy. You just as much as look in her general direction and she just friggin dies.

Nyx because she's outclassed by basically everyone in CC - the one thing she's supposed to be good at.

Wukong because I hate monkeys with a passion.

And Vauban because he's boring. And outclassed. And ugly.

• Like 1