Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the worst frame in the game right now ?

ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE

Gara

She can bring hard AOE CC, a refreshable 90% DR buff and effectively infinite scaling damage to any team, but her play pattern is completely warped and unsatisfying.

I love the thematic of the frame but if you’re playing optimally then you’re just running around the map not shooting at anything and occasionally tapping ult to refresh your buff.

Edited by JuicyPop

On 2019-08-12 at 4:27 PM, Piercing_Rounds said:

2) Vauban. When is the last time you've seen a Vauban???????

I saw a Vauban for the first time in a long time just tonight during a fissure!
He was a total troll who spent the entire mission trying to bounce pad people, and if nothing else forced us to wait the 60 second timeout because he managed to blockade the entrance to extraction keeping one person out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blexander said:

Accelarant is a debuff, also, it's the best multiplier in the game(probably), so you can't use it on Eidolons. And even if you could, you would only buff Heat damage, which you've applied to yourself (and your team if add them into the equation) through multiple augments. If you need that many augments to have a semi-functioning Ember, that just isn't right, is it? Augments are like "bandaids", they should add more to an ability, not make the ability useless when it's not equipped. Pay attention to you HP and Shields btw. That amount is not gonna be enough if you want to not get downed every half minute or so.

Too much effort for a barely better payoff in damage.

Debuff for Heat dmg, that's Radiation dmg on the picture, Ra...di...a...tion.

I soloed all 3 Eidolons with that HP and Shield. 22 mins. Arcanes were 2 momentum also. No guardian. 1 death.

Edited by MPonder
  • Like 1

On 2019-08-12 at 10:01 PM, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Ember dominates the star chart though. What can Nyx even do at this point?

Assimilate Nyx, whilst soloing the profit-taker orb: You wot m8?

For me personally, the worst frame that needs a complete rework has to be Loki. Poor boy is so underused that he's been completely forgotten about. Those rare few that do use him though just invisiwhip spam.

Edited by Numerikuu

2 hours ago, MPonder said:

Debuff for Heat dmg, that's Radiation dmg on the picture, Ra...di...a...tion.

I soloed all 3 Eidolons with that HP and Shield. 22 mins. Arcanes were 2 momentum also. No guardian. 1 death.

I love it when confirmation bias makes an appearance in an argument.

On 2019-08-12 at 11:44 AM, ZARIEL_THENOBLEONE said:

2 months ( or so ) ago I would say wukong but now with the rework,prime and deluxe he’s pretty good . Just want to get some general opinions in .

I would say zephyr is the worst IMO 

because there’s nothing she can do that any other frame can’t , and no , tailwind and divebomb don’t count as there mostly just gimmicks. I know she’s fun but these are just my points.

Moving around in the open worlds?

- We have archwing for that  

CC

-Plenty of better frames for that like , frost, Loki, rhino , Vauban( yes Vauban) 

Tanking 

- We got plenty of tanks that do a much better job like Inaros, Rhino and even some non tanks like Mesa 

Overall just no reason to use her aside from , of course being fun , in which case live your life , have fun

Anyways just open open for discussion, feel free to point out if I missed anything, and also tell me who you think is the worst frame in the game. I know this end part is generic , but it is what it is

Edit : yeah ember is bad , she’s only really good for low to mid level content ( 20 and under) just at least she’s got accelerant 

Ember she has low level clearing and that's basically it. Being usable on the star chart is false as she cannot do kuva survival or anything past like level 45 (probably a bit higher but not much). She will always fall short of a good saryn in clear speed.

Edited by (PS4)EmilsTekcor

2 hours ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

Umm if accelerant works on eidolons that's a bug.

The Augment of accelerant gives fire dmg, 50%, the augment of fireball give fire dmg, 100%. Both scales with ability str. With 337 abitily str = 150% x 3.37 = 505.5 fire dmg that will become radiation if you have a electricity mod on the weapon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPonder said:

The Augment of accelerant gives fire dmg, 50%, the augment of fireball give fire dmg, 100%. Both scales with ability str. With 337 abitily str = 150% x 3.37 = 505.5 fire dmg that will become radiation if you have a electricity mod on the weapon.

Umm so it's a bit worse than octavia? 

Edit: a lot worse that Octavia.

Edited by (PS4)EmilsTekcor

7 hours ago, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

ember than follow by zephyr. Ember is almost useless at Jupiter and beyond. For Zephyr, there a a lot of frames that have a similar but much more useful kit. Last time I use either of them are at least 6 months ago.

Funny because you get Ember after Jupiter on Saturn. 

On 2019-08-17 at 6:36 PM, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

I saw a Vauban for the first time in a long time just tonight during a fissure!
He was a total troll who spent the entire mission trying to bounce pad people, and if nothing else forced us to wait the 60 second timeout because he managed to blockade the entrance to extraction keeping one person out.

Is it wrong to say I missed a troll vauban?

Although, I was grouped up on an arbitration excavation with a vauban yesterday. Not a troll, but a pretty useful one. We just had to bounce as soon as they start dying.

half of the frames are obsolete
why do i need atlas ?
why do i use Ember ?
why do i bring banshee out ?
why do i care for titania ?}
why should i use Excalibur , valkyr ,ash nyx zepfyr , revemant baruuk ? Vauban ?
in this state of the game they dont Offer anything  that will help you or makes your 60 min run easier
difrence between
Excalibur , ash , valkyr , vauban doing a 60 min run
Nidus , Wisp , Octavia , Nekros and zenistar party
Diffrence is big
and the fix is not coming easy

1. make all useless DD/CC/ prection builds + synergy between skils [ nidus]

every frame have to bring something on the table , unique and fun like a frkin dota2 pool table

synergy between frames and more

2.nerf all other warframes and relly on gunplay

3. we need new enemies .. those lancers are like not even trying anymore

9 hours ago, J1ha7 said:

in this state of the game they dont Offer anything  that will help you or makes your 60 min run easier
difrence between
Excalibur , ash , valkyr , vauban doing a 60 min run
Nidus , Wisp , Octavia , Nekros and zenistar party
Diffrence is big

As much as I like ash, he is not in a good place right now.

I have come up with some ideas that will improve ash`s abilities drastically. So I ask you, would these changes to him make him better? 

Ash:

·       All abilities can be cast while on a zipline.

1st Ability:

·       Holding the ability will make both shurikens target the enemy you`re aiming at dealing double slash damage.

·       The more health the enemy loses, the slower the enemy moves when bleeding out.

·       When the enemy stops bleeding, it will go back to its normal movement speed.

2nd Ability:

·       Increase the cast stun duration to 4 sec.

·       The smoke left behind will last for 10 seconds.

·       Enemies that enter the smoke will have a 6 sec stun duration and are more susceptible to damage.

·       All stun durations cannot be increased by duration mods.

·       The stun and the smoke damage buff will also work on bosses.

·       When Ash is invisible, the apparitions from bs are invisible also.

There are now new ways you can use this ability;

·       You can use it next to a dangerously high-levelled enemy to stun it and kill it with ease.

·       You can use it to block enemies in doorways. Since the smoke affect duration is 6 seconds and the smoke lasts 10 seconds, enemies will be stuck for a total of 12 seconds.

·       If you mod for less duration and more range, it will turn it into a better cc ability.

3rd Ability:

·       Holding the ability will give Ash certain mobility buffs. Teleporting in the air will give him sprint speed, bullet-jump before teleporting will give him increased bullet-jumping distance and sliding before teleporting will give him maneuverer speed.

·       The buffs start at 5% however, multiple used can increase them up to its maximum of 25%.

·       All buffs will have a duration of 20 seconds.

·       These buffs are not affected by strength and duration mods.

·       Holding the ability while on the ground will make ash kick the enemy across the room causing a small ragdoll (visual animation is the same)

·       You can teleport through windows if there are allies, npcs, enemies or objects with a health bar on the other side of it.

·       You are able to teleport to enemies in the air.

·       After teleporting in the air, preforming melee attacks will keep him in the air. (if DE decides to add aerial combos to melee 3.0)

4th Ability:

·       When activating the ability, it will start instantly.

·       Pressing the ability will bring you into the animation while holding the ability will send clones out to kill instead of you.

·       If you want to jump out of bs, press the ability again and the clones will continue to kill enemies.

·       Enemies that are red can be killed by players.

·       There is no limit to how many enemies he can kill within the radius of the enemy he`s aiming at.

·       An indicator is shown of the number of enemies that are going to be killed by bs.

Interactive blade storm animation

If you don`t want to be in the animation, it will act as normal however if you decide to be involved in the animation, you have a chance to gain bonus duration of slash ticks and 1% animation speed increase in the next use however, you have to be interactive within the animation.

While in the animation;

·       You have to press the melee button in sink when his stabs enemies in the animation.

·       When doing so, there is an indicator showing the buffs and successful hits which will be converted into duration of slash ticks and animation speed increase.

·       The more successful hits you get the more animation speed you can get in the next use e.g. 10 successful hits = 10% animation speed.

·       The maximus slash duration bonus you can receive is 7 seconds.

·       If you jump out of bs you will lose the bonuses.

·       The bonuses slash tick duration will also include all weapon types. (even weapons that don’t have slash)

·       If you don`t interact with at least five animation cutscenes and get three successful hits, you will only deal half of bs damage. (2000 damage + no interaction = 1000 damage.

Since Ash doesn`t have any synergy (or any good ones) here are some that will improve his performance;

Synergies

Smoke Screen + Shuriken, Teleport & Blade Storm:

·       If you use any ability while you`re invisible, enemy bodies will disappear.

·       The energy cost will also be cut down by half.

·       Using you 1st, 3rd and 4th abilities on the smoke victim will increase the damage dealt to the enemy.

Shuriken + Teleport:

·       Using the 1st ability on an enemy will show their health bar through walls longer, making you able to teleport to them as long as they are continually receiving bleeding ticks.

Shuriken + Blade Storm:

To increase the damage of bs you must use shuriken. As long as enemies continuously keep receiving bleeding ticks, your damage will increase over time with no limit.

·       Enemies need to be alive and bleeding from the 1st ability for bs to receive more damage.

·       If no enemies are affected by slash, you will have five seconds before the damage is lost.

·       If the five seconds is up, the stored-up damage will decay overtime instead of disappearing completely.

·       There will be an indicator showing the amount of damage you are accumulating and the amount of time you have left.

·       If you get downed, the timer won`t start until you are revived.

Fixes:

·       Make Ash be able to teleport in and out of the same grates instead of just one direction.

·       Sometime ash is glitched and stabbing the air and he is unseen when using bs due to camera angle.

·       Make the “clones” look like him (like wukong`s 1st ability) instead of looking like a hologram.

·       When blade storm is done, Ash doesn’t appear at the same place he started at but instead is teleported in a different location.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

Even Limbo is in the list? I loved Limbo to bits. As a newb who can't kill sortie level enemies fast enough, he helped me get through sortie Rescue, Defense, Mobile Defense, Spy mission types without the need to have a really good gun that can 1 hit everything (MR is still at the low side, Hek ftw)

Maybe the definition of "good frame" for some people is a frame that can kill everything in one hit?

• Like 1

Vauban and Ember are, objectively the worst frames, and between those two, Ember is the weaker one. Vauban's CC can, at least, do something (against non-Nullies), and Nyx is almost entirely fine.

• Zephyr is far from being the worst. Her kit is odd, her mod requirements are odd, her hp/energy/shield/armor distribution is odd, but she can work even in higher level areas.
  • Nyx, post soft-rework, ist solid. Not great, not horrible, just all around middle of the way mediocre. But she got CC, armor strip, mitigation and mind control is kinda dumb.
  • Vauban struggles, because while his CC works, he got no mitigation.
  • Ember struggles because she has no CC, no mitigation, no damage.

But those four will always be perceived as the worst frames these days, I suppose.