Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this Hunhow's remains?

WoodedSkate89

14 hours ago, Cyclouros said:

That brings up two questions: why did he wait so long to free Natah and why did she #*!% him up instead of helping him? Ballas is the one that gave us paracesis, an anti-sentient weapon so he's opposing the sentients.

He originally betrayed the empire out of grief of them killing Margulis/Space-Mom so i don't find it likely that he wanted to align with them but just saw them as a means of revenge.

In the chimera prolouge we hear ballas' chain of thoughts.

He freed natah because, lotus confirms this in the ropatolyst fight, she was also imprisoned on Lua. So if he freed her it would also free the tenno. But we freed ourselves basically. Also freeing her. So then ballas took her.

In the chimera prolouge it's revealed that Ballas wanted to have died. He said that lotus took his "perfect death" and she saved him by replacing his limbs with sentient parts. He gives us the sentient slayer to end the war. 

So Ballas is against lotus as of now.

So is Alad V. In the ropatolyst boss fight he even tells us how to kill it and cheers when we succeed. (Doesn't stop him from sending a zanuka after us but he's still against lotus)

8 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

In the chimera prolouge it's revealed that Ballas wanted to have died. He said that lotus took his "perfect death" and she saved him by replacing his limbs with sentient parts.

I took that as a thing of honour, that him dying at the hands of the tenno/umbra was a beautiful poetic justice but was instead turned into a monstrosity.

And the Zanuka was destroyed long ago, that thing is still coming after us because it's a game mechanic. Much like Stalker who was defeated but people still need loot.

Tho Alad V needs to get murdered already, he knows that we can stop anything he throws at us and he still keeps pushing us. He can only run for so long.

Edited by Cyclouros

13 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

I took that as a thing of honour, that him dying at the hands of the tenno/umbra was a beautiful poetic justice but was instead turned into a monstrosity.

And the Zanuka was destroyed long ago, that thing is still coming after us because it's a game mechanic. Much like Stalker who was defeated but people still need loot.

Tho Alad V needs to get murdered already, he knows that we can stop anything he throws at us and he still keeps pushing us. He can only run for so long.

I think he's on our side now.

Like you said the zanuka is a game mechanic (it's like the captain vor and lech kril boss fight) doesn't actually mean anything as we had sliced Vor in half and burnt kril to death (plus Vor's storyline goes: Gets defeated, hears the man in the wall whispering to him, becomes corrupted Vor). Last we heard about Alad V, in terms of the story - which is the ropatolyst fight - he cheered for us. Wanted us to kill the ropatolyst, and even in the mission before the fight he was cursing the lotus.

5 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Like you said the zanuka is a game mechanic (it's like the captain vor and lech kril boss fight) doesn't actually mean anything as we had sliced Vor in half and burnt kril to death (plus Vor's storyline goes: Gets defeated, hears the man in the wall whispering to him, becomes corrupted Vor). Last we heard about Alad V, in terms of the story - which is the ropatolyst fight - he cheered for us. Wanted us to kill the ropatolyst, and even in the mission before the fight he was cursing the lotus.

I think he just saw it as a means of getting profit, if you do disruption long enough then he says something about "loss of profits.. how will i explain this to THAT thing?" most likely referring to ropadopalyst so maybe he was happy to get rid of it after it served its purpose in his eyes.

A lot of his dialogue in disruption seem to fall in the line of "i'm make use the tenno to draw in more investors", he even taunts us to remain in the mission and he says at times "While the rest of the system cowered in fear, I TOOK RISKS!"

We did save him from the infestation but then he sent the wolf after us. He's a businessman through and through, using whatever tools he can to make a profit, including us, and it seems to be working.

23 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

I think he just saw it as a means of getting profit, if you do disruption long enough then he says something about "loss of profits.. how will i explain this to THAT thing?" most likely referring to ropadopalyst so maybe he was happy to get rid of it after it served its purpose in his eyes.

A lot of his dialogue in disruption seem to fall in the line of "i'm make use the tenno to draw in more investors", he even taunts us to remain in the mission and he says at times "While the rest of the system cowered in fear, I TOOK RISKS!"

We did save him from the infestation but then he sent the wolf after us. He's a businessman through and through, using whatever tools he can to make a profit, including us, and it seems to be working.

Very true. But in the ropatolyst fight he says that the ropatolyst has 0 loyalty to him. So at least he is semi grateful to us. And to quote him

I might even forgive you, for a couple of days

1 hour ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

He's not. Not only does he say "I will be grateful... for at least a few days" indicating that no, he won't really be grateful, he also heavily implies that, whilst not necessarily outright hunting us anymore, he does still sell captured Warframes from time to time.

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

He's not. Not only does he say "I will be grateful... for at least a few days" indicating that no, he won't really be grateful, he also heavily implies that, whilst not necessarily outright hunting us anymore, he does still sell captured Warframes from time to time.

fair enough

19 hours ago, Aldrr said:

Well New War is pretty much on-the-nose with it. What else the Sentients could be doing there? Most likely they want to capture the tower so they can replenish their numbers and then bulldoze over the rest of the system, and maybe reawaken the Eidolon while they're there. 🤔

My big hope is that we'll finally learn more about the Unum Tower.

My understanding was that the Sentients in the New War came the long way around, and aren't void touched. If that's the case, then they should be able to reproduce without the Unum's help.