Jump to content
(PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

Unpopular opinion about ESO.

Recommended Posts

I think that DE needs to run an experiment with one of several mechanics added to ESO. If it doesn't work, they can revert it. The idea here is to eliminate the viability of leaching entirely and insure that the people playing this game mode are there because they want to be, not because you can fully level a piece of gear in two rotations.

This is necesary not only for ESO but because there are perfectly viable means to level gear outside of eso which are being neglected because this is easier.


The first option would be to lock ESO so that it can only be accessed if all your weapons, like your warframe, have already been maxed. Price of admission is you can't come in with unleveled gear.

If people don't like that?... On average you can level two, sometimes three pieces of gear with an 8 round match so that leads to my next suggestion.

Leaving early means you receive no progress. If you leave the match before say the fifth round, which really any competent group of four players should be able to achieve even without crowd control frames, it will be as if you were never in that match. Further if you have two pieces of gear being leveled, odds are that will not be enough to max that gear so it will encourage you to keep playing, or at the very least not finish leveling in two rotations and leave. Five rounds means atleast the other players get a substantive meaningful match before people start flaking out. 

  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This suggestion has popped up before and basically if fails because of situations like the below...

I have a freshly forma'd level 0 tenora which already has mutliple forma on it prior to this forma, it also has a riven and a catalyst... I'm rank 27 and so even at rank 0 I have 56 capacity (with each forma'd slot cost being half)...  but in your scenario I can't take it but I can take a considerably weaker mk1 braton without a catalyst or forma... see how stupid the idea of rank 30 restrictions are....

 

Your second idea to not get progress - There are more than just levelling as reasons why someone leaves at an earlier round...

Having said that DE have also said that onslaught and eso are viable options for levelling weapons so..... and realistically there isn't exactly much reason to do eso after you get all the non relic rewards...

 

Essentially it boils down to this if you're unhappy with people leaving early, there is recruit chat where you can look for other people that want to stay as long as you do.  In public groups players can play how they want to play and leave when they want to.

  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If DE just buffed affinity gain outside of ESO by 1000%, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

The idea here is to eliminate the viability of leaching entirely and insure that the people playing this game mode are there because they want to be, not because you can fully level a piece of gear in two rotations.

I disagree.

There is no need to make changes to ESO, when Players can form their own squads through the use of the "Recruiting" chat channel, and discuss all of your concerns before starting the mission. 

*If you are joining a "Public" ESO mission, you can't expect the other Players to have the same goals.

Edited by xV3NOMx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a post I made a while ago with some similar points. I honestly think a feature like this would completely save the game mode

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

This suggestion has popped up before and basically if fails because of situations like the below...

I have a freshly forma'd level 0 tenora which already has mutliple forma on it prior to this forma, it also has a riven and a catalyst... I'm rank 27 and so even at rank 0 I have 56 capacity (with each forma'd slot cost being half)...  but in your scenario I can't take it but I can take a considerably weaker mk1 braton without a catalyst or forma... see how stupid the idea of rank 30 restrictions are....

 

Your second idea to not get progress - There are more than just levelling as reasons why someone leaves at an earlier round...

Having said that DE have also said that onslaught and eso are viable options for levelling weapons so..... and realistically there isn't exactly much reason to do eso after you get all the non relic rewards...

 

Essentially it boils down to this if you're unhappy with people leaving early, there is recruit chat where you can look for other people that want to stay as long as you do.  In public groups players can play how they want to play and leave when they want to.

First off no I don't agree it's a stupid idea "because someone will bring a mk1 Bratton because nobody is going to do that. If de wanted to abandon the escelating difficulty and just start at about level 5 or 6 and keep it there, allowing people to just drop in and out as they wish meaning that potentially one instance could go on four hours just shifting hosts periodically, that would work. but being honest, DE isn't competent when it comes to net coding so they would not be able to handle the changes in hosting. As it is, 90% of the time if the host quits the entire event will crash and you will lose 100% of your progress when it spits you out. So yes, I absolutely believe people who drop out before a fixed point should lose 100% of their progress because if they were the host, it's probable that is what they just caused to happen to everyone else.

SO should absolutely be a viable arena for leveling frames and gear. If you want to level your three formaed what ever, play in onslaught, Elite onslaught should absolutely be reserved for people who are looking to do their best, not play two rounds for easy mastery. 

It is wrong to think "if you didn't get a team you should have a negative experience." Seriously. Say that outloud. "De, deliberately, wanted one of their high level end game events to be used for MR grinders to put on one piece of gear, play two rounds, and then quit, so as to totally ruin the experience for everyone else, they deliberately wanted this to happen, and it is functioning as intended".... You really think they built ESO with that in mind?

Any other game would literally hit players with a temporary ban for this kind of behavior. Not should. Do. It actually happens. "You're exploiting a game mode in a way that harms other players, and are now in time out because we actually put value on player experience"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

First off no I don't agree it's a stupid idea "because someone will bring a mk1 Bratton because nobody is going to do that. If de wanted to abandon the escelating difficulty and just start at about level 5 or 6 and keep it there, allowing people to just drop in and out as they wish meaning that potentially one instance could go on four hours just shifting hosts periodically, that would work. but being honest, DE isn't competent when it comes to net coding so they would not be able to handle the changes in hosting. As it is, 90% of the time if the host quits the entire event will crash and you will lose 100% of your progress when it spits you out. So yes, I absolutely believe people who drop out before a fixed point should lose 100% of their progress because if they were the host, it's probable that is what they just caused to happen to everyone else.

SO should absolutely be a viable arena for leveling frames and gear. If you want to level your three formaed what ever, play in onslaught, Elite onslaught should absolutely be reserved for people who are looking to do their best, not play two rounds for easy mastery. 

It is wrong to think "if you didn't get a team you should have a negative experience." Seriously. Say that outloud. "De, deliberately, wanted one of their high level end game events to be used for MR grinders to put on one piece of gear, play two rounds, and then quit, so as to totally ruin the experience for everyone else, they deliberately wanted this to happen, and it is functioning as intended".... You really think they built ESO with that in mind?

Any other game would literally hit players with a temporary ban for this kind of behavior. Not should. Do. It actually happens. "You're exploiting a game mode in a way that harms other players, and are now in time out because we actually put value on player experience"

If you suggested a third game mode finder with 8 waves as the prerequisite, ok sure, but people are not going to 8 waves for many different reasons.  Not sure game reasons, but there are many reasons in real life not to go to 8 waves!  Forcing people will only force them out of the game mode, not play more.  Your idea would destroy ESO.  I certainly wouldn't play it.  I have Khora and no way I'm grinding for emphermas.  I play only to level gear and I don't need to go far to max, especially if I have a booster.  

If I wanted to go to 8, I'd play a frame that can easily solo it (volt, saryn, excal, etc.) or host, not make everyone else suffer.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I think that DE needs to run an experiment with one of several mechanics added to ESO. If it doesn't work, they can revert it. The idea here is to eliminate the viability of leaching entirely and insure that the people playing this game mode are there because they want to be, not because you can fully level a piece of gear in two rotations.

This is necesary not only for ESO but because there are perfectly viable means to level gear outside of eso which are being neglected because this is easier.


The first option would be to lock ESO so that it can only be accessed if all your weapons, like your warframe, have already been maxed. Price of admission is you can't come in with unleveled gear.

If people don't like that?... On average you can level two, sometimes three pieces of gear with an 8 round match so that leads to my next suggestion.

Leaving early means you receive no progress. If you leave the match before say the fifth round, which really any competent group of four players should be able to achieve even without crowd control frames, it will be as if you were never in that match. Further if you have two pieces of gear being leveled, odds are that will not be enough to max that gear so it will encourage you to keep playing, or at the very least not finish leveling in two rotations and leave. Five rounds means atleast the other players get a substantive meaningful match before people start flaking out. 

what's wrong with leeching?

are you saying i can't take my clan mate and help them level?  especially if they are young or disabled?

or are you just sad because you can't carry the whole mission for 4 people?  because i can, and i have no issue with leechers, literally can't care less.

the reality of warframe is still the same as it has always been, you go to carry or you go to fail.  if you can't carry, then you need to up your arsenal.  this is you problem you are trying to brand as a community problem.


the trouble is, you have a direct solution to this available.  you can put your own group together, or you can play solo.  these are the viable options.  if you can't take that level of responsibility for your own good time i have no sympathy at all for you.

additionally leaving early can be caused by lots of issues and there are lots of reasons to do so... so now you want to punish people because they don't play exactly like you?  this is utter nonsense.

if you want people to play with you and play like you, a) join a clan or start one, b) put your own group together.

reality is people have different goals than you in the game and you're not more important than theM

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

If you suggested a third game mode finder with 8 waves as the prerequisite, ok sure, but people are not going to 8 waves for many different reasons.  Not sure game reasons, but there are many reasons in real life not to go to 8 waves!  Forcing people will only force them out of the game mode, not play more.  Your idea would destroy ESO.  I certainly wouldn't play it.  I have Khora and no way I'm grinding for emphermas.  I play only to level gear and I don't need to go far to max, especially if I have a booster.  

If I wanted to go to 8, I'd play a frame that can easily solo it (volt, saryn, excal, etc.) or host, not make everyone else suffer.  

i think your solution is viable since people can opt in that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes wonder what ESO would have been if it wasn't abducted and used as a Focus farming tool. (stated by DE)

I don't even really consider it much of a game mode honestly. It's like all the bad parts of Survival put into a different mission.

In the end ESO just puts a neon sign over the problems with Affinity gains in this game. Quantity over Quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LSG501 said:

This suggestion has popped up before and basically if fails because of situations like the below...

I have a freshly forma'd level 0 tenora which already has mutliple forma on it prior to this forma, it also has a riven and a catalyst... I'm rank 27 and so even at rank 0 I have 56 capacity (with each forma'd slot cost being half)...  but in your scenario I can't take it but I can take a considerably weaker mk1 braton without a catalyst or forma... see how stupid the idea of rank 30 restrictions are....

 

Your second idea to not get progress - There are more than just levelling as reasons why someone leaves at an earlier round...

Having said that DE have also said that onslaught and eso are viable options for levelling weapons so..... and realistically there isn't exactly much reason to do eso after you get all the non relic rewards...

 

Essentially it boils down to this if you're unhappy with people leaving early, there is recruit chat where you can look for other people that want to stay as long as you do.  In public groups players can play how they want to play and leave when they want to.

This.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your problem with people leveling their gear? To nerf stuff you should give better rewards first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

First off no I don't agree it's a stupid idea "because someone will bring a mk1 Bratton because nobody is going to do that.

I think the point went over your head....the point I was making is that I COULD take a mk1 braton at rank 30 even though as you say it's pretty useless and it's far far weaker than my MR27 rank 0 tenora with it's multiple forma, catalyst and riven (with 56 capacity at rank 0) which I CAN NOT use because of your arbitrary rank 30 restriction.   Now do you see why it's a stupid idea to use rank as a restriction. 

 

Play onslaught you say further in that message... well I have nothing I want from onslaught (like many others I would assume) but I do still have stuff I need to get from ESO....

Edited by LSG501
to make sense
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I think that DE needs to run an experiment with one of several mechanics added to ESO. If it doesn't work, they can revert it. The idea here is to eliminate the viability of leaching entirely and insure that the people playing this game mode are there because they want to be, not because you can fully level a piece of gear in two rotations.

This is necesary not only for ESO but because there are perfectly viable means to level gear outside of eso which are being neglected because this is easier.


The first option would be to lock ESO so that it can only be accessed if all your weapons, like your warframe, have already been maxed. Price of admission is you can't come in with unleveled gear.

If people don't like that?... On average you can level two, sometimes three pieces of gear with an 8 round match so that leads to my next suggestion.

Leaving early means you receive no progress. If you leave the match before say the fifth round, which really any competent group of four players should be able to achieve even without crowd control frames, it will be as if you were never in that match. Further if you have two pieces of gear being leveled, odds are that will not be enough to max that gear so it will encourage you to keep playing, or at the very least not finish leveling in two rotations and leave. Five rounds means atleast the other players get a substantive meaningful match before people start flaking out. 

Better yet, just give us an option for a "zone 8 queue" that matches people going the full rotation C automatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

the trouble is, you have a direct solution to this available.  you can put your own group together, or you can play solo.  these are the viable options.  if you can't take that level of responsibility for your own good time i have no sympathy at all for you

while i also couldnt care less about leechers this solution is also flawed. more often than making a group will force you to play at high ping and got dc often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

while i also couldnt care less about leechers this solution is also flawed. more often than making a group will force you to play at high ping and got dc often. 

that's skewed.  perhaps you have a lot of problems with ping, but i almost never do.  additionally... like... what is your clan for if not to have people to play with?  so many people overlook this... like clans are for blueprints... i mean that's nice, but like, if your clan isn't there to help out, get a new clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

that's skewed.  perhaps you have a lot of problems with ping, but i almost never do.  additionally... like... what is your clan for if not to have people to play with?  so many people overlook this... like clans are for blueprints... i mean that's nice, but like, if your clan isn't there to help out, get a new clan.

clan is another thing. my clan is inactive. it has the size of the moon and as dead as the moon. planning to change clans but im busy with the game bloodstained since yesterday. 

most leaders just recruit for size then forgets he has a clan, or maybe since most members are at least have not login for a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm much more concerned about ESO being barely playable without a Saryn than actual leechers. At least you can leave after you just spotted one as opposed to how progression is basically linked to Saryn endless spreading dps.

I don't see that many leechers though, less than newbies or people who are leaving at the first or second wave. And if i meet one, i just leave.

Edited by 000l000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

clan is another thing. my clan is inactive. it has the size of the moon and as dead as the moon. planning to change clans but im busy with the game bloodstained since yesterday. 

most leaders just recruit for size then forgets he has a clan, or maybe since most members are at least have not login for a year. 

sounds like it's time for a new clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...